Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.67 Average
***Week 10 GameDay Thread - Bengals @ Steelers***
(11-15-2020, 09:51 PM)samhain Wrote: Duh.  Brady, Manning, Mahomes, Elway, and Brees all went 16-0 with zero INTs  in their rookie years.  All were unanimous MVPs and all of them, even the ones still playing are already enshrined in Canton.  

To be fair... Mahomes went 12-4 in his first season.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-15-2020, 09:42 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: Taylor is young but I agree he has to improve and so does Burrow against the elites in AFC . Next year to me is the big year for both to show that Taylor is good enough to be HC and Burrow is on the way to be that Franchise QB we expected.

I would say the next two division games are big for Taylor's career as HC. If I don't see a much better game plan and a closer game, I don't trust him next year.

I'd take Jay Gruden at this point over Taylor. He's coached winning football in the AFC north at least. It's definitely time to get a short-list of Head Coach candidates started. 

Taylor SHOULD be coaching for his job the rest of the way--with close eyes on the division games in particular. Marvin Lewis could do better than getting swept in the division two years in a row (actually I think we beat the Browns once last year).
Reply/Quote
(11-15-2020, 09:48 PM)PhilHos Wrote: Yes, but you're already saying Burrow can't do it. Ever. As if no rookie has ever improved before

Sent from my LG-Q710AL using Tapatalk

No I did not. Please reread my post. I said he HAS NOT DONE IT. I also said it is a concern - if he continues to fail to do it then we know 
Reply/Quote
Only one QB is 9-0 this year. If Ben and Burrow switched teams, think Bengals win? Stop crying about Burrow.
Reply/Quote
5 years since The Bengals have beaten the Steelers. 5 Years! Unacceptable!
Reply/Quote
With the play calling they showed the The Bengals coaching staff expected Joe Burrow and the WRs to be damn near perfect to win that game. Against the best defense and defensive front in the NFL.

They refused any help from the run offense. That includes play action and RPOs.

That was a piss poor called game from Zac and Not Bill.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
Stop arguing. Please.

The Cincinnati Bengals are in deep trouble. It’s time to make some drastic changes because what’s been going on since September 2019 is not working.

Let’s have more constructive suggestions and less finger pointing.
Reply/Quote
(11-15-2020, 09:57 PM)Destro Wrote: Only one QB is 9-0 this year. If Ben and Burrow switched teams, think Bengals win? Stop crying about Burrow.

Also, Baker, Lamar, and Mayfield have yet to beat Big Ben. 
Reply/Quote
The only thing that can help is complete staff replacement coupled with doubling the number of scouts and hiring a true GM.
Reply/Quote
(11-15-2020, 09:54 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: To be fair... Mahomes went 12-4 in his first season.

he was drafted by a team that went 10-6 the year before too.

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(11-15-2020, 09:38 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: Was Joe drafted to break rookie records or to win games?

Says the guy with a Billy Price avatar...

Reply/Quote
(11-15-2020, 09:54 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: To be fair... Mahomes went 12-4 in his first season.

Mahomes didn't play his first season.
Reply/Quote
(11-15-2020, 10:00 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: Stop arguing.  Please.

The Cincinnati Bengals are in deep trouble.  It’s time to make some drastic changes because what’s been going on since September 2019 is not working.

Let’s have more constructive suggestions and less finger pointing.

A good o-line is the first step in the right direction.
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
(11-15-2020, 10:08 PM)samhain Wrote: Mahomes didn't play his first season.

Lol everyone that plays- plays their ‘first’ season. Lmao
-That which we need most, will be found where we want to visit least.-
Reply/Quote
(11-15-2020, 10:10 PM)Devils Advocate Wrote: Lol everyone that plays- plays their ‘first’ season. Lmao

He got a redshirt year.  On the roster, not playing.  Still in the league, still not a rookie in year 2 when he started.
Reply/Quote

Not as rookie though. Wink

Reply/Quote
(11-15-2020, 10:03 PM)Rubekahn29 Wrote: Also, Baker, Lamar, and Mayfield have yet to beat Big Ben. 

Even better point
Reply/Quote
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Burrow: We're in that game if I don't suck in the second half, and I don't suck a lot.</p>&mdash; Jay Morrison (@JayMorrisonATH) <a href="https://twitter.com/JayMorrisonATH/status/1328143727228039173?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">November 16, 2020</a></blockquote>

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(11-15-2020, 10:11 PM)samhain Wrote: He got a redshirt year.  On the roster, not playing.  Still in the league, still not a rookie in year 2 when he started.

Semantics but his first year is his first year playing not his first year in the league. Can be either I get it. Tomato/tomato. Just funny depending on how one sees it.
-That which we need most, will be found where we want to visit least.-
Reply/Quote
(11-15-2020, 10:03 PM)Rubekahn29 Wrote: Also, Baker, Lamar, and Mayfield have yet to beat Big Ben. 

They must have made a mistake when they gave Lamar MVP. I heard you’re automatically a bust if you can’t win your division games...

Reply/Quote