Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.67 Average
***Week 10 GameDay Thread - Bengals @ Steelers***
Money makes embarrasing losses not hurt so much
Im just happy they all get home safely on a private jet and then jump in there Range Rovers and snag some skyline before they get home to their 4000 square foot appt. that overlooks the best parts of the Queen city
BTW
6 baths
3 beds
Reply/Quote
(11-15-2020, 09:57 PM)Destro Wrote: Only one QB is 9-0 this year. If Ben and Burrow switched teams, think Bengals win? Stop crying about Burrow.

To judege performance is not crying, how about those that believe Burrow can do zero wrong stop crying..
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-15-2020, 10:19 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: To judege performance is not crying, how about those that believe Burrow can do zero wrong stop crying..

Who’s saying he did zero wrong?

Reply/Quote
(11-15-2020, 10:15 PM)pally Wrote: <blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Burrow: We're in that game if I don't suck in the second half, and I don't suck a lot.</p>&mdash; Jay Morrison (@JayMorrisonATH) <a href="https://twitter.com/JayMorrisonATH/status/1328143727228039173?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">November 16, 2020</a></blockquote>

I like how Burrow takes it upon himself to be better. But I don't think he played terrrible. He took what the defense gave him for the most part. At some point the coaching is what should draw guys wide open. They need to do a better job of playcalling, and understanding what the defense is trying to do. Plain and simple. Burrow has to rely on throwing guys open for most of his plays. He needs a good coach to complement him.

Again, these two games remaining against the Steelers and Raven should decide if Taylor will ever be able to coach against these teams successfully. It can't be all on Burrow.
Reply/Quote
(11-15-2020, 10:19 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: To judege performance is not crying, how about those that believe Burrow can do zero wrong stop crying..

Burrow had a bad game. Hes had two bad games, against probably two of the best defenses in the NFL. 
Reply/Quote
(11-15-2020, 09:40 PM)Cure4CF Wrote: I’ll say something similar to what I said to Trademark. I’m here for ya if you need to talk. I get it , we are all frustrated but in my opinion, we made a good choice in Burrow. That’s a good piece to build around. Problem is, will this organization do it properly? Prob not but all we can do is hope!

I appreciate it, Your right and that’s the frustrating thing with this team right now. We miss on so many picks, yet when we do get it right it still dosnt matter cause we will find a way to ruin it. Burrow was ready day one, no camp not much training but this team was not ready. How do you take a talent like Joe or any of the top QB’s this last draft and not take this Oline serious. I know their playing better but you can already see some bad habits that rubbed off on Joe from having a shity line and game plan around him. I though it was just a Marvin thing in regards to the team not looking ready to play at all, but it’s a Bengal thing no matter the coach. How this team can continue to go into div games unprepared and unmotivated with the end result the same without anyone being held accountable is mind boggling. Just a hopeless feeling with Brown running the show.
Reply/Quote
(11-15-2020, 09:17 PM)Bengalstripes9 Wrote: Burrow hasnt even played bad at all. They just thoroughly got out coached. Poor game plan. I don’t know that Taylor can beat the Steelers or Ravens.

Nah. He’s been bad. It’s just this board has morons saying he sucks. He doesn’t suck, but he’s been bad today.
Reply/Quote
(11-15-2020, 09:37 PM)Trademark Wrote: Mods, how isn't this guy banned ?

How were you not banned 3 years ago?
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-15-2020, 10:03 PM)Joelist Wrote: The only thing that can help is complete staff replacement coupled with doubling the number of scouts and hiring a true GM.

What he said.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
(11-15-2020, 10:30 PM)PlayadLc Wrote: Nah. He’s been bad. It’s just this board has morons saying he sucks. He doesn’t suck, but he’s been bad today.

He missed a couple throws but the play calling wasn't doing him any favors in my opinion. Maybe he should have done a better job changing the play call at the line of scrimmage. It worked on the one TD drive. Maybe he needs to do it more throughout the game.

Yeah it's easy to label it a poor performance, but overall he didn't make hardly any mistakes and not once put the ball in danger. He missed a couple throws but also dealt with a lot of drops. Gotta give the Steelers props, but I'm tired of doing it. At some point the coaches gotta step up their game to help him out. He's forced to try to fit these balls in there on a consistent basis.

Burrow looked a lot shakier against the Ravens than he did this game, so he's getting better. To your point if he can improve even further then maybe we score a couple more touchdowns--still, not enough to win because we are out coached. Gotta fix the coaching.
Reply/Quote
(11-15-2020, 10:19 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: To judege performance is not crying, how about those that believe Burrow can do zero wrong stop crying..

One happened, another didn't.
Reply/Quote
(11-15-2020, 10:04 PM)pally Wrote: he was drafted by a team that went 10-6 the year before too.

(11-15-2020, 10:08 PM)samhain Wrote: Mahomes didn't play his first season.

(11-15-2020, 10:11 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Not as rookie though. Wink

I know...

I just had to feed into it all... couldn't resist....

However, it does make you wonder a little if the team wouldn't have been better off letting Burrow redshirt this season, and let Dalton or some other vet get killed behind the bad line, and then use the top 5 pick to beef up the roster and let Burrow start in year two. 

It's all speculation of course and guessing of course, just hate seeing this team keep repeating the same mistakes and getting beat over and over.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(11-15-2020, 09:55 PM)Bengalstripes9 Wrote: I would say the next two division games are big for Taylor's career as HC.

Wait...don't you know? Mike Brown doesn't tolerate losing to the Browns twice in one year. Taylor already has one foot and two butt cheeks out the door. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(11-15-2020, 10:20 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Who’s saying he did zero wrong?

The people who can't handle any fair critique of his performance especially in the 2 big AFC games of Balt and Pitt . Some on here get very defensive on Burrow.
Reply/Quote
(11-15-2020, 11:20 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: The people who can't handle any fair critique of his performance especially in the 2 big AFC games of Balt and Pitt . Some on here get very defensive on Burrow.

Nobody is claiming he played well today.

Reply/Quote
(11-15-2020, 09:51 PM)thillan Wrote: It is funny though, I think a lot of us can agree we got that usual feeling when Erickson fumbled that ball right away. As soon as I saw that, I was like “Yep, gonna be a LONG day.”

Yessir....the old "not again" came right up to the front of the memory bank.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(11-15-2020, 10:37 PM)Bengalstripes9 Wrote: He missed a couple throws but the play calling wasn't doing him any favors in my opinion. Maybe he should have done a better job changing the play call at the line of scrimmage. It worked on the one TD drive. Maybe he needs to do it more throughout the game.

Yeah it's easy to label it a poor performance, but overall he didn't make hardly any mistakes and not once put the ball in danger. He missed a couple throws but also dealt with a lot of drops. Gotta give the Steelers props, but I'm tired of doing it. At some point the coaches gotta step up their game to help him out. He's forced to try to fit these balls in there on a consistent basis.

Burrow looked a lot shakier against the Ravens than he did this game, so he's getting better. To your point if he can improve even further then maybe we score a couple more touchdowns--still, not enough to win because we are out coached. Gotta fix the coaching.

Touchdown play was a great play call, got the pick they wanted, which made Tee wide open. Burrow had a couple near INTs too. It was a little of both Sunday, imo.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(11-17-2020, 05:34 PM)Wyche Wrote: Touchdown play was a great play call, got the pick they wanted, which made Tee wide open. Burrow had a couple near INTs too. It was a little of both Sunday, imo.

How many crossing routes did they run Sunday? If the out route for the first down isn't open, we should just be running a bunch of crossing routes to break up their defense and free someone up.

Obviously it worked on the TD grab.
Reply/Quote

what are you doing here essex, I'm supposed to be most hated on this forum
Reply/Quote