Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
***Week 10 GameDay Thread - Ravens @ Bengals***
(11-10-2019, 05:55 PM)BengalFanInNJ Wrote: You really think Mahomes isn't any good? Kyler Murray is still a rookie, Newton was very good and never had great receivers, Jackson looks like a stud so far and Wilson brought his team to a Super Bowl without any great receivers or offensive line. I would take ANY of those quarterbacks right now. I will add the caveat that our offensive line needs to be addressed first. 

Mahomes has Andy Reid running the show.  His WRs are all speedy guys that get open.  His OLine protects him decently, even though he has taken a shot or two, even one that knocked him out a few weeks. 

Newton has had great WRs he just always threw to his 1 guy or checked down to Olsen, otherwise he just kept the ball and ran.  As the years progressed and the season's wore on and on, Newton lost his effectiveness since age catches up to everyone.

Wilson has had the benefit of the Legion of Boom, Marshawn Lynch and Pete as his HC.  He has had some decent WRs as well.  The only thing Wilson does differently is that he keeps his eyes downfield, but his WRs always seem to be wide open and rarely has he had to be pin point accurate.
Reply/Quote
(11-10-2019, 06:11 PM)Nately120 Wrote: You have a list of white QBs, some of which have never won a playoff game or even played a full season in the NFL that you praise and a list of black QBs, some of which have won the SB and/or been MVPs that you think are irrelevant and overrated one-trick-ponies.

Maybe there is more to it but ehh...you probably have like a black friend or something.

I was thinking it was pocket passers vs scramblers... but hey... just call someone a racist if you don't like the stats.
Reply/Quote
(11-10-2019, 06:16 PM)OswaldsLegacy Wrote: Good... you keep saying that you will stop, but you still keep doing it.

Wilson scrambles, keeps his eyes downfield and his WRs are wide open.

Yea who wants a QB that can make off schedule plays.... Ninja
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-10-2019, 06:06 PM)Destro Wrote:  Back to Bengals being on highlight reels...for the other team.

Lamar Jackson run was the Geico Play of the Day.
Reply/Quote
(11-10-2019, 06:18 PM)Nately120 Wrote: No no, I'm sure the stats really back up Gardnew Menshew and Andy Dalton being better than Russel Wilson and Patrick Mahommes...how silly of me.

The stats that show Minshew as a pocket passer, same as Dalton and Wislon and Mahomes are scramblers...  yes.  The stats back that up.
Reply/Quote
(11-10-2019, 06:19 PM)Synric Wrote: Yea who wants a QB that can make off schedule plays.... Ninja

I didn't say this.  I said he scrambles and goes off schedule almost every play, which allows him to throw to completely wide open WRs..

Rodgers sorta does the same, just that he also stays on schedule and has pin point accuracy.  If Rodgers WRs are still covered he can at least throw to where only his WR can make a play on the ball.  Wilson doesn't do that, he hits on wide open targets or throws it away.
Reply/Quote
(11-10-2019, 05:42 PM)Synric Wrote: To be fair even though we all know the Bengals defense is bad the Ravens run an offense that is completely different than any other in the NFL.

But the thing is, the opponent doesn't matter. This team is bad against everyone!

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
Game is over. Gentlemen, either clean it up or move on. This is not P&R and this ain't Cleveland!

Reply/Quote
(11-10-2019, 05:55 PM)BengalFanInNJ Wrote: You really think Mahomes isn't any good? Kyler Murray is still a rookie, Newton was very good and never had great receivers, Jackson looks like a stud so far and Wilson brought his team to a Super Bowl without any great receivers or offensive line. I would take ANY of those quarterbacks right now. I will add the caveat that our offensive line needs to be addressed first. 

Mahomes and Wilson are elite. 

End of story. Anyone saying otherwise should be embarrassed to state it publicly. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(11-10-2019, 06:34 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Mahomes and Wilson are elite. 

End of story. Anyone saying otherwise should be embarrassed to state it publicly. 

The kid grew up near me and is (and always has been) the real deal.

Reply/Quote
(11-10-2019, 06:20 PM)OswaldsLegacy Wrote: The stats that show Minshew as a pocket passer, same as Dalton and Wislon and Mahomes are scramblers...  yes.  The stats back that up.

No. Zero% of this is accurate. It's all uninformed (at best), inaccurate opinion, which you're entitled to...but you're so far wrong, i'd call it 'Mike Brown wrong'. 

Reply/Quote
(11-10-2019, 06:31 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Game is over. Gentlemen, either clean it up or move on. This is not P&R and this ain't Cleveland!

True, the P&R forum is where we can debate if we are better off now that we've gone from a scrambling president to a pocket president.
Reply/Quote
(11-10-2019, 06:31 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Game is over. Gentlemen, either clean it up or move on. This is not P&R and this ain't Cleveland!

Aha! That's where that post went to, that i quoted...  Ninja

Reply/Quote
(11-10-2019, 05:51 PM)CincinnatiKid Wrote: Whatever happen to our game one starting receiver Damien Willis?

Waived
Reply/Quote
(11-10-2019, 06:40 PM)Nately120 Wrote: True, the P&R forum is where we can debate if we are better off now that we've gone from a scrambling president to a pocket president.

LMAO!
Reply/Quote