Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
***Week 11 GameDay Thread - Bengals @ Raiders***
(11-23-2021, 02:04 AM)Au165 Wrote: Because they don’t want their names on the internet and ending up on barstool or some shit. Being a distraction when you’re a fringe guy is a cardinal sin. I got the picture above of a veteran NFL WR telling you your wrong. If you want to take the bet and get the personalized video telling you your a fool just let me know.

You won’t take the bet though because I think deep down you know you actually have no clue what you are talking about.

How can he tell me i'm wrong when you misrepresented what i said? He told you, you were wrong because i never said a coach should teach a QB to do it. That's your strawman. 

Stick to the facts. It will make you look smarter. 

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(11-23-2021, 02:16 AM)rfaulk34 Wrote: How can he tell me i'm wrong when you misrepresented what i said? He told you, you were wrong because i never said a coach should teach a QB to do it. That's your strawman. 

Stick to the facts. It will make you look smarter. 

So a QB who is doing this untaught thing is your example of why Burrow should do it but the fact no coach would ever advise their QB to do it isn't relevant? The fact no coach would ever advise them to do it means a QB doing it is in fact wrong, so you wanting Burrow to do it would go back to my point that it is not proper QB'ing. 

Let me make this easier for you, coaches specifically say NOT to do exactly what you are saying they sometimes do and you want Burrow to do. Does that make it clearer? It is just as bad as throwing back across your body, some QB's do it successfully at times but it's hammered by the coaches not to do it.
Reply/Quote
(11-23-2021, 11:05 AM)Au165 Wrote: So a QB who is doing this untaught thing is your example of why Burrow should do it but the fact no coach would ever advise their QB to do it isn't relevant? The fact no coach would ever advise them to do it means a QB doing it is in fact wrong, so you wanting Burrow to do it would go back to my point that it is not proper QB'ing. 

Let me make this easier for you, coaches specifically say NOT to do exactly what you are saying they sometimes do and you want Burrow to do. Does that make it clearer?

Allow me to make something clear. In the gameday thread someone said "throw it away" and you came back with "he's in the pocket, he can't, it's grouding". That's when i said he could throw it at the receivers feet (that doesn't mean right at his feet, or hit his feet or generally toss it up in his area) it means throw it in the area to avoid a grounding call (which is 100 thousand percent correct), exactly like Jones did last night and how other QBs have done many times before. That's when you chimed in with the "no one in the NFL". That's YOUR argument, not mine. Mine were real world examples of things that have happened. 

If only every single snap in an NFL game would go as it's drawn on the board, what a wonderful world it would be. Unfortunately, plays break down and players even improvise from time to time. If Jones, Burrow or any QB in the NFL does what Jones did, throw the ball away to avoid a sack, while not incurring a penalty or turnover, i'm not going to call that a bad play. 

You stick to your book about what players are taught to do and not do.
I'll stick to QBs and players, who, in the course of a game, may have to go off script--and when they do, with a positive result--i'm not going to go on for pages and pages about how "it's not taught". 

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote