Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 1.67 Average
***Week 11 GameDay Thread - Bengals @ Washington***
Cincinnati Bengals (2-6-1)   vs   Washington Football Team (2-7)
Sunday, November 22nd, 2020 at 1:00 PM on CBS
FedExField, Landover, Maryland
Announce Crew: Spero Dedes, Adam Archuleta
Referee: Shawn Smith
Streaming Links: Click Here
Radio: WLW (700) - ESPN (1530) - WEBN (102.7)

[Image: ezgif-com-gif-maker.gif]

Reply/Quote
I had been looking forward to this game for years, as I was unable to make it to the last game in DC (2012).

But no way in hell I'm going up there with the current state of the pandemic in the region, so I'll be watching on local TV and looking forward to our return in 2028!
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
The Bengals have yet to win a road game in the Zac Taylor era and I do not expect this shameful streak to end today. Washington has a better than average defensive line; I look for Jack Del Rio to call up a variety of stunts.
Reply/Quote
(11-22-2020, 01:29 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: The Bengals have yet to win a road game in the Zac Taylor era and I do not expect this shameful streak to end today.  Washington has a better than average defensive line; I look for Jack Del Rio to call up a variety of stunts.

But the rest of their team is abysmal, so we finally get a road W.
Reply/Quote
Quote:Bengals: K Austin Seibert, OL B.J. Finney, G Keaton Sutherland, OL Fred Johnson, WR Mike Thomas

WFT: S Deshazor Everett, DE Ryan Anderson, WR Dontrelle Inman, OT Cornelius Lucas, LB Jared Norris, WR Jeff Badet

They still won't say what the oline will look like
Reply/Quote
(11-22-2020, 01:45 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: They still won't say what the oline will look like

We know exactly what the offensive line will look like. There will be false starts, holding, missed assignments, halfhearted blocks, complete whiffs, and lots of deer in the headlights looks. Jack Del Rio is Washington’s defensive coordinator and I look for him to be very aggressive.
Reply/Quote
The thread on jungle noise about the o-line no longer being a problem is the saddest thing I’ve seen today. That’s how it always is every year. Line starts out bad, year goes on, they play better.

That doesn’t mean the line is fixed. The line’s still terrible. You’re a silly mark if you think the line is good now.

Draft o-lineman. Grab a big lineman in free agency. A quality one, not a bargain bin one
Reply/Quote
(11-22-2020, 02:00 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: The thread on jungle noise about the o-line no longer being a problem is the saddest thing I’ve seen today. That’s how it always it every year. Line starts out bad, year goes on, they play better.

That doesn’t mean the line is fixed. The line’s still terrible. You’re a silly mark if you think the line is good now.

Draft o-lineman. Grab a big lineman in free agency. A quality one, not a bargain bin one

I completely agree with you. A lot of fans see Joe Burrow standing upright and they think the offensive line has done its entire job. However, fans do not seem to understand half of the game should consist of run blocking and at this the Bengals’ offensive line is terrible.

The line IS better but they’re still light years away from being good enough.
Reply/Quote
(11-22-2020, 01:35 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: But the rest of their team is abysmal, so we finally get a road W.

They can score. McLaurin, Sims, Gibson, McKissic and Thomas can all score quick. Smith has turned this into a professional offense.
Reply/Quote
Let's put it this way.

We are a horrible team, but the WFT has managed to be worse.

Our defensive line is the worst unit on the team, then the OL a close second. It is hard to lose in the trenches and win in the NFL. Yet, the WFT is stuck with a far worse OL than we have today due to injury.

If Burrow does not make rookie mistakes, we should win this game by 7. If we don't, this team has not only not progressed under Burrow in 2020 versus 2019, it has regressed which will be very annoying.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
We get Spero Dedes and adam archuleta every week. Its always the D crew
Reply/Quote
I wonder if the good people of Washington are forking out some bucks to buy that catchy phase of a Washington Football Team attire.
Reply/Quote
(11-22-2020, 02:20 PM)Browns Town Bengal Wrote: We get Spero Dedes and adam archuleta every week.  Its always the D crew

2 of worst teams in the NFL and you expect a great crew broadcasting.

I am surprised they invested any money in a crew for this game, the sideline reporter can call it.

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(11-22-2020, 02:20 PM)Browns Town Bengal Wrote: We get Spero Dedes and adam archuleta every week.  Its always the D crew

That's not going to change until we start winning.
Reply/Quote
(11-22-2020, 02:20 PM)Goalpost Wrote: I wonder if the good people of Washington are forking out some bucks to buy that catchy phase of a Washington Football Team attire.

Their base will be wearing Redskins attire for the next 30 years, regardless of the eventual name of the team.

Reply/Quote
Spain starting at RG...RT still a secret

Adeniji getting first team RT reps during warmups. Hart with 2nd team

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(11-22-2020, 02:23 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Their base will be wearing Redskins attire for the next 30 years, regardless of the eventual name of the team.

That's not entirely true.

They are the local team for me, and many love the newish look and have picked up new gear.

That said, with any uni change around the league, folks will continue to use what they already own while they can.
Reply/Quote
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr"><a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Bengals?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#Bengals</a> Week 11 starting OL:<br><br>LT: Jonah Williams<br>LG: Michael Jordan<br>C: Trey Hopkins<br>RG: Quinton Spain<br>RT: Hakeem Adeniji</p>&mdash; Tyler Dragon (@TheTylerDragon) <a href="https://twitter.com/TheTylerDragon/status/1330564454216585219?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">November 22, 2020</a></blockquote>

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(11-22-2020, 02:32 PM)pally Wrote: <blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr"><a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Bengals?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#Bengals</a> Week 11 starting OL:<br><br>LT: Jonah Williams<br>LG: Michael Jordan<br>C: Trey Hopkins<br>RG: Quinton Spain<br>RT: Hakeem Adeniji</p>&mdash; Tyler Dragon (@TheTylerDragon) <a href="https://twitter.com/TheTylerDragon/status/1330564454216585219?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">November 22, 2020</a></blockquote>

Better run every play to the right then...
Reply/Quote
(11-22-2020, 02:32 PM)pally Wrote: <blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr"><a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Bengals?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#Bengals</a> Week 11 starting OL:<br><br>LT: Jonah Williams<br>LG: Michael Jordan<br>C: Trey Hopkins<br>RG: Quinton Spain<br>RT: Hakeem Adeniji</p>&mdash; Tyler Dragon (@TheTylerDragon) <a href="https://twitter.com/TheTylerDragon/status/1330564454216585219?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">November 22, 2020</a></blockquote>

Pretty close to my ideal line. If we could just get XSF in place of Jordan.
Reply/Quote