Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
***Week 12 GameDay Thread - Browns @ Bengals***
There is no REAL optimism to be taken from this game.

Driskel made some nice throws, and the team showed SOME signs of life in the 2nd half.
However, that's not enough.

Time to blow it all up.
Reply/Quote
(11-25-2018, 06:28 PM)Housh Wrote: Watch us win out, not make playoffs, mess up our draft pick and extend Marvin because we “turned it around”

I'm pretty sure it dosent matter anymore with this team (Mike Brown) we will screw up the draft selections like everything else this damn team puts its name on. Pretty frustrating
Reply/Quote
(11-25-2018, 06:28 PM)Housh Wrote: Watch us win out, not make playoffs, mess up our draft pick and extend Marvin because we “turned it around”

They can mess up draft picks regardless of where they are.
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(11-25-2018, 06:29 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Stupid optimists. Like must suck always looking for the silver lining.

I want to see Driskell more. I don't care if we lose out. I want to know what else we have. We have had a bottom offense for going on 2 1/2 years now. Dalton isn't the only problem and I don't know of Driskel is the answer, but honestly, what do we have to lose at this point? 
Reply/Quote
(11-25-2018, 06:26 PM)Gamma Ray Tan Wrote: Time for rebuild.... again. The Browns just owned us.

We need to improve our LB position and Offensive line .
 Fact is we're a young team with a bunch of injuries best LB, Best Edge rusher,  Best TE, and Best WR. That's a lot to overcome people don't want to admit it but it is. We were 4-1 when those guys were playing though since then there 1-5.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
Anyone who's optimistic needs to watch the first half again.
Reply/Quote
(11-25-2018, 06:29 PM)McC Wrote: I thought Price snapped it too soon when the replay showed Driskel was not even ready for it.

He could have. He didn't have a good game though, at least snapping. He had one that basically resulted in a TD for Browns, and a couple of other shaky snaps. 
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-25-2018, 06:32 PM)Rubekahn29 Wrote: I want to see Driskell more. I don't care if we lose out. I want to know what else we have. We have had a bottom offense for going on 2 1/2 years now. Dalton isn't the only problem and I don't know of Driskel is the answer, but honestly, what do we have to lose at this point? 

I have 0 issue with this. Next year is the 1st year when Andy's contract becomes expensive. Depending on Alex Smith's recovery. I could see Andy and Jay reuniting in Wash. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(11-25-2018, 06:32 PM)Rubekahn29 Wrote: I want to see Driskell more. I don't care if we lose out. I want to know what else we have. We have had a bottom offense for going on 2 1/2 years now. Dalton isn't the only problem and I don't know of Driskel is the answer, but honestly, what do we have to lose at this point? 

That's all well and good, but as soon as Driskell get a L we're going to point out that he doesn't have AJ Green, our o-line sucks, Marvin isn't setting him up for success, Lazor is a crap OC, and blah blah blah.

Basically, we won't "know what we have" in Driskell unless he wins.
Reply/Quote
(11-25-2018, 06:37 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I have 0 issue with this. Next year is the 1st year when Andy's contract becomes expensive. Depending on Alex Smith's recovery. I could see Andy and Jay reuniting in Wash. 

Hmm, I hadn't thought of that.  I thought Dalton's hopes of escaping from Cincy died when the Texans took Watson, but Washington looking at an injured if not retiring Alex Smith and a FA QB in McCoy makes for an interesting possibility.  Mike Brown would probably want multiple 1st round picks for Andy, though.
Reply/Quote
(11-25-2018, 06:37 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I have 0 issue with this. Next year is the 1st year when Andy's contract becomes expensive. Depending on Alex Smith's recovery. I could see Andy and Jay reuniting in Wash. 

I could see that. I have always supported Andy, but aside from the Atlanta game, he hasn't been spectacular. Quite frankly, he provides 0 entertainment factor for me, and right now this team could use a little bit of that as uninspired as they are. Wish him a healthy recovery though.
Reply/Quote

I'm an Andy fan in general, but they are 18-24-1 over the last 3 years. Not exactly trending in the right direction. At this point, I'm all for doing whatever possible to shake things up and try something different. The very first step needs to be Marvin, then go from there. If that doesn't happen, then it's just more of the same old, same old.
Reply/Quote
(11-25-2018, 06:39 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Hmm, I hadn't thought of that.  I thought Dalton's hopes of escaping from Cincy died when the Texans took Watson, but Washington looking at an injured if not retiring Alex Smith and a FA QB in McCoy makes for an interesting possibility.  Mike Brown would probably want multiple 1st round picks for Andy, though.

why should we pay them to take Dalton?
Reply/Quote
(11-25-2018, 06:42 PM)LondonWhoDey Wrote: why should we pay them to take Dalton?

We shouldn't.  But Mike Brown has a tendency to ask for the moon since he knows he can't lose his job if his prospective buyer walks away.  Think of him as a used car salesman and McCarron as a 1988 Corsica.  The Browns were going to pay like $5000 for the hunk o junk, but Mike Brown wanted $7000, take it or leave it.  

He's going to ask for a king's bounty for Dalton.
Reply/Quote
(11-25-2018, 06:45 PM)Nately120 Wrote: We shouldn't.  But Mike Brown has a tendency to ask for the moon since he knows he can't lose his job if his prospective buyer walks away.  Think of him as a used car salesman and McCarron as a 1988 Corsica.  The Browns were going to pay like $5000 for the hunk o junk, but Mike Brown wanted $7000, take it or leave it.  

He's going to ask for a king's bounty for Dalton.

it won't happen though, even I can see that.

Injuries will be the excuse I'm sure.  
Reply/Quote
(sigh)

That's about all I can say on the matter.
[Image: 416686247_404249095282684_84217049823664...e=659A7198]
Reply/Quote
(11-25-2018, 06:22 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Hmm...so we should make him the HC then?

[Image: giphy.gif]

Reply/Quote