Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 2 Average
***Week 12 GameDay Thread - Giants @ Bengals***
(11-29-2020, 06:29 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: I'm not claiming he was great.

But he was and is far and away a better QB than what we have on the roster, and is better than any other available FA who hasn't turned in retirement papers.

So if we are going to say go get someone better than what we have, then to say get someone other than him is complete lip service.

By the time he gets in and is actually starting we will have 3 games or less. There is seriously no point. 
Reply/Quote
Joe Judge just said that the Bengals are a well coached team.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-29-2020, 06:32 PM)Rubekahn29 Wrote: By the time he gets in and is actually starting we will have 3 games or less. There is seriously no point. 

Which is what I was originally saying, better to ride it out and regroup in the offseason.
Reply/Quote
So Jonah Williams probably had the worst day amongst all of the linemen it seems.
Reply/Quote
(11-29-2020, 06:29 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: I'm not claiming he was great.

But he was and is far and away a better QB than what we have on the roster, and is better than any other available FA who hasn't turned in retirement papers.

So if we are going to say go get someone better than what we have, then to say get someone other than him is complete lip service.

10 times out of 10 I'd pluck Josh Rosen off the Tampa Bay practice squad before bringing in Kaep.

Younger, has more upside, already in the Covid protocol, could actually be the long term answer to the back-up need in Cincy.

In the Free Agent world, I'd have to look around and see who is or isn't there but there are certainly plenty of guys who you could take off a practice squad that I'd rank ahead of a guy who is now 33, 34?? and hasn't played the game since 2016. 

Honestly, if it wasn't for his activism, no one would even care that he wasn't signed, he just wasn't a good QB anymore when he last played. 

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(11-29-2020, 06:11 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: Orlando Pace and Korey Stringer disagree.

Maybe there's a big difference between Jim Tressel teams compared to Urban Meyer Teams???
Reply/Quote
(11-29-2020, 06:43 PM)BengalFanInNJ Wrote: So Jonah Williams probably had the worst day amongst all of the linemen it seems.

Jonah is much better suited for RT due to his short arms.  Need Penei for LT.
Reply/Quote
(11-29-2020, 06:47 PM)Yogo Wrote: Maybe there's a big difference between Jim Tressel teams compared to Urban Meyer Teams???

They were before Tressel.

But Linsley was a Meyer guy...
Reply/Quote
(11-29-2020, 06:43 PM)BengalFanInNJ Wrote: So Jonah Williams probably had the worst day amongst all of the linemen it seems.

I would agree with that.

It is unfortunate, but I don't think he is the answer at LT
Reply/Quote
On that last sack, Sample helped Jonah and chipped Sheard and Sheard still went around and beat Jonah for the strip sack.
Reply/Quote
(11-29-2020, 06:07 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: What a dumb mentality.

I'm sick of these "fans" excited we are losing so we can draft a guy who could end up being Ced 2.0, he is not a lock at all. 

Here is what actually happens in another loss. The young guys that we need to see develop, Bates, Higgins, Boyd, etc the new young core just continues to have their development held back. You should want the team to win so they learn how to win close games. 

"But if they win Tayor keeps his job....whhhahahhahaha" - Seriously? Mike Brown is going to do Mike Brown things rather this team wins or loses on Sunday, have you not learned this yet??

The team needs to learn to win games to build towards next year with Burrow being back. Sitting here thinking losing is good because it helps the draft is a loser mentality. 

You don't forget how to win. They were winners their entire lives. They won all throughout grade school, high school, and college. 1-2 years won't make them forget that. The best thing that could happen in their careers is getting a HC and position coaches who know how to win and to coach. 

I don't think the players want to lose. I think the coaches don't know how to put them in places to win. They didn't deserve to win this game and it helps our team in the long run to lose it. Both in who we can draft next year (ya know...like we did Burrow this year) as well as hopefully getting new coaches. Having a worse draft position isn't going to help us draft better players. I'd rather have a couple season of 2-4 wins than 10 seasons of 4-8 wins. Having a mid/late draft pick every year isn't how you become a sustaining franchise until you have more key people in place. 
Reply/Quote
(11-29-2020, 06:10 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: There are still people saying to sign Crapernick.... even though he hasn't played a snap in how long now? He'd have looked worse then Allen, not too mention he wouldn't clear Covid testing in time for the game...

With all the valid reasons to be mad at this team, I'm always amazed when people need to try and invent new ones.

I don't even think Kaep really wants to play anymore.  He's been out of the game too long either way.

Rosen is the one I'd take a shot at.  He seemed to always be in the wrong place at the wrong time.  
Reply/Quote
(11-29-2020, 06:47 PM)Yogo Wrote: Maybe there's a big difference between Jim Tressel teams compared to Urban Meyer Teams???

Pretty sure Stringer and Pace played for Cooper.  Sims and Mangold for Tressel, plus Boone who was decent for awhile, too.  
Reply/Quote
(11-29-2020, 06:08 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: I don't trust OSU OL. They always seem to be bad.

Billy Price
Michael Jordan

(I know there's more, but it just seems to be an exceptionally high bust rate.)

Wasn't there a guy a while back that went to the Steelers and ended up sucking?

EDIT: Mike Adams

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
Just to add a little more icing for the cake...

Looks like Herbert will be breaking the rookie record for 300 yd passing games, TDs and passing yards on the season. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(11-29-2020, 08:20 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Just to add a little more icing for the cake...

Looks like Herbert will be breaking the rookie record for 300 yd passing games, TDs and passing yards on the season. 

You see the prayer he threw up that got him over 300 yards??? How lucky can you get??
Reply/Quote
(11-29-2020, 08:42 PM)BengalFanInNJ Wrote: You see the prayer he threw up that got him over 300 yards??? How lucky can you get??

And that's the thing with the Bengals. If there's luck to be had, for them, it's all bad. For others, not so much. 

Reply/Quote
(11-29-2020, 07:10 PM)TheFan Wrote: You don't forget how to win. They were winners their entire lives. They won all throughout grade school, high school, and college. 1-2 years won't make them forget that. The best thing that could happen in their careers is getting a HC and position coaches who know how to win and to coach. 

I don't think the players want to lose. I think the coaches don't know how to put them in places to win. They didn't deserve to win this game and it helps our team in the long run to lose it. Both in who we can draft next year (ya know...like we did Burrow this year) as well as hopefully getting new coaches. Having a worse draft position isn't going to help us draft better players. I'd rather have a couple season of 2-4 wins than 10 seasons of 4-8 wins. Having a mid/late draft pick every year isn't how you become a sustaining franchise until you have more key people in place. 

You absolutely do.

Have you never heard the phrase, winning is contagious? 

Well, guess what, losing is the same way. There are teams that walk out every week and expect to win, look at Kansas City. This team doesn't expect to win and it shows. One mistake and things start to just implode and go further and further south. 

See, if you win some of these "meaningless" games down the stretch, the guys start to believe in themselves again and most importantly, they believe in each other. They also start to realize that one mistake doesn't end the game for them. How many games has that fat rapist in pitt thrown a pick and the team doesn't falter, and they over come the mistakes to win. This team has a fumble like Erickson's punt fumble a few weeks back and instantly collapses in all aspects. That is what losing week after week after week does to a team.

Winning out, losing out, none of that will have any impact on Taylor's job. If you think it will, you're only fooling yourself, the Brown family is going to do what they want, not want the fans, or media says they need to do. So, knowing that Sewell isn't going to magically fix the franchise, and that losing won't instantly equal Taylor is fired, what is the actual point to losing games? 

Winning gives these guys a reason to play hard and develop further and in a year where we need to sign FA's you don't want to end the season looking flat, win, show signs of life and you are more attractive to FA's. 

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
You know what attracts FA’s? $$$

Thanks Katie. But you can fire up the old message board you dumped for a $437 cost saving and take that bullshit there.
Reply/Quote
Is there ANY chance we can get Anthony Munoz to be Offensive Line coach?
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote