Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
***Week 12 Gameday Thread...Bengals @ Ravens***
(11-27-2016, 06:28 PM)cincyfan429 Wrote: How could own a NFL team be around the game your entire life and be so clueless. That's impressive

When you don't run an NFL team to be winners and only as a business to advance you and your family's personal interests you have your answer.
Reply/Quote
I agree but don't you think the guy has a ounce of pride and would like to win just one time. Most owners are egomaniacs but Brown is just a complete loser
Reply/Quote
(11-27-2016, 06:31 PM)Nately120 Wrote: I didn't say it was a logical way to look at things, but we've been pretty content to blame players up until this point.

Not all of us. I still hate Carson for quitting. but i have always blamed mikey, and really marvin for that matter for most of this lost past 10 years at least of his tenure here. also, we weren't wrong to blame carson, he's using up his card fast out in zona. carson will never see a superbowl.
Reply/Quote
(11-27-2016, 06:34 PM)cincyfan429 Wrote: I agree but don't you think the guy has a ounce of pride and would like to win just one time. Most owners are egomaniacs but Brown is just a complete loser

i'm sorry to say this, but mikey has never cared and never will. no pride has actually said winning "one" would be more expensive to his "business" which it would be if you consider logistics and travel and such.
Reply/Quote
(11-27-2016, 06:40 PM)WildCat Wrote: i'm sorry to say this, but mikey has never cared and never will. no pride has actually said winning "one" would be more expensive to his "business" which it would be if you consider logistics and travel and such.

Mikey "lawyer" Boy only cares about one thing - money.

If it weren't for the league rule of a minimum salary cap, we'd never even experienced
a winning season.  He defines inept and I loathe that POS...he's cheated this city at
every turn and has NEVER advanced a single team in the playoffs and never will.

1992 and counting, while Mikey counts his money.  
Reply/Quote
(11-27-2016, 06:35 PM)WildCat Wrote: Not all of us. I still hate Carson for quitting. but i have always blamed mikey, and really marvin for that matter for most of this lost past 10 years at least of his tenure here. also, we weren't wrong to blame carson, he's using up his card fast out in zona. carson will never see a superbowl.

Carson didn't quit, he just wanted to play for someone who wasn't Marvin Lewis.  And yes, Carson never will see a Super Bowl but he did advance further towards the stupid thing than we have since he left.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-27-2016, 06:47 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Carson didn't quit, he just wanted to play for someone who wasn't Marvin Lewis.  And yes, Carson never will see a Super Bowl but he did advance further towards the stupid thing than we have since he left.

maybe it was more not wanting to play for mike than it was actually  marvin. that's why actually getting a better coach than marvin in here would be harder than most folks think.
Reply/Quote
(11-27-2016, 06:23 PM)Bengalbug Wrote: The defense has played well enough to win last 3 games. 19, 16, 21 

The defense, while having problems of their own, has actually played well enough to keep the Bengals in position to win or tie these last 3 games. 

That actually has me a little bit worried in terms of a potential coaching change. If the D continues to be decent and keep the Bengals in games the rest of the year, I could easily see that being enough for Mike to make Guenther the new HC if a change is actually made. 

That move, if it were made, would just be a continuation of the 'same old, same old'. 
Reply/Quote
(11-27-2016, 06:43 PM)Rattler Wrote: Mikey "lawyer" Boy only cares about one thing - money.

If it weren't for the league rule of a minimum salary cap, we'd never even experienced
a winning season.  He defines inept and I loathe that POS...he's cheated this city at
every turn and has NEVER advanced a single team in the playoffs and never will.

1992 and counting, while Mikey counts his money.  

Exactly. And I can't understand why people constantly get on fellow fans cases when they say they won't miss Mike after he passes. I'm not actively hoping the man dies, I'm sure the majority of people aren't. I'm also not holding on to the assumption that things will be lightyears better when it happens. However, let's be real here. Most of us will feel a little bit of relief (if nothing else) once he's gone.

The man has done nothing to win fans over. Ever. He's never even attempted to. He's a greedy, stubborn, stingy, selfish old fool. He's far from a stellar human being. I'm sure he does care about winning and wants a championship but he will only do it "his way". Sadly, "his way" will never even lead to a playoff win. He's too jaded and full of himself to try anything other than "his way". Forgive me if I sound like an ahole, but I'm being honest here and I honestly won't lose any sleep when Mike passes. 
Reply/Quote
(11-27-2016, 07:11 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: The defense, while having problems of their own, has actually played well enough to keep the Bengals in position to win or tie these last 3 games. 

That actually has me a little bit worried in terms of a potential coaching change. If the D continues to be decent and keep the Bengals in games the rest of the year, I could easily see that being enough for Mike to make Guenther the new HC if a change is actually made. 

That move, if it were made, would just be a continuation of the 'same old, same old'. 

Yes it would. I think it's still the teachings of Zimmer that gives us what we still have. This year the D seems thuggish and lazy in the same breath. They are bringing something, but not bringing it all. Sounds like bad coaching to me. Unmotivated and lazy, but with sparks of goodness once well into the game.

We give up so much, so early in the game on D. It's a shame compared to what it was not long ago. We have lost our team.

Reply/Quote
(11-27-2016, 06:12 PM)Goalpost Wrote: Maybe a rule change is needed.  Baltimore benefited by committing penalties.

They didn't benefit because they gave up a safety.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(11-27-2016, 06:31 PM)WildCat Wrote: When you don't run an NFL team to be winners and only as a business to advance you and your family's personal interests you have your answer.

^This. 

MB doesn't care about Championships and perception. He only cares about putting money in the bank for the future. 

The one and only owner that runs his team this way and i get to be the (one of) lucky fan of that one singular team. 

Hooray. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(11-27-2016, 07:06 PM)WildCat Wrote: maybe it was more not wanting to play for mike than it was actually  marvin. that's why actually getting a better coach than marvin in here would be harder than most folks think.

It's hard to tell if it is Mike or Marvin or what, because Mike, Marvin, Alexander and so on just seem like one giant package deal with little to no chance of expiring on a reasonable timetable.  
Reply/Quote