Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
***Week 12 GameDay Thread - Steelers @ Bengals***
(11-24-2019, 06:13 PM)StrictlyBiz Wrote: Don’t look know, but they just did one in New Orleans.....

As of week 9, coaches were 5 for 53 on PI challenges but 33 for 72 on all other challenges. 
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-24-2019, 06:03 PM)StrictlyBiz Wrote: Why the hate. The Steelers are no threat this year. It’s the Ravens division. 

Steelers are our biggest rival and I want to see them lose all of their games?
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(11-24-2019, 06:03 PM)PhilHos Wrote: Why so negative?

We're going to turnover on downs to end this drive.

Sent from my LG-Q710AL using Tapatalk

Well...

Guess. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(11-24-2019, 06:06 PM)BengalsRocker Wrote: Dolegagagagaga yer up!

I wanted to see Finley for 4 games and if he truly stunk it up...like he is...i wanted to see Dolegala for the last 4, but i don't think they'll run him out there at all this year. 

I think it's Finley or bust the rest of this year. 

Unless he gets injured, then it's back to Dalton. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(11-24-2019, 06:06 PM)michaelsean Wrote: Finley should not only be benched, he should be cut. That has to be six fumbles.

Yup. At this point, i don't see how he's even a viable backup. 

Reply/Quote
(11-24-2019, 06:06 PM)StrictlyBiz Wrote: And enough people here love me enough that I can even post there if I want. 
(And have a few times)

Is Packerbacker your alt?   Ninja

Reply/Quote
(11-24-2019, 06:06 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: The Finley experiment should be ended

Yup. Three full games against different types of defenses and i haven't seen one single thing that you can point to as a positive for improvement. 

Sure, he's escaped a few times where Dalton would have been sacked, but if you can't do anything after escaping...what's the upside to it?

Weak (much weaker than it looked in preseason) arm, late throws, bad decisions, looks hesitant, VERY loose with the football. 

I get they're a bad, bad team, but he hasn't shown any kind of flash that would make you say..."hmm, looks like he has something we can work with". 

Nothing. 

Reply/Quote
(11-24-2019, 06:07 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: The Jets crushing the Raiders too.

So the Jets and Cleveland games looked easier before this week...now they're both playing decent.

Honestly, this is a REALLY bad and injury depleted Steelers team we're losing to.

Average to below Bengals teams of the last 2 years would have won the last 2. 

That's how bad this team is. 

Reply/Quote
(11-24-2019, 06:10 PM)George Cantstandya Wrote: Thanks Mike Brown and family for a new record setting season. You all make me so proud to be a Bengals fan.   Sad

They HAVE to hold the record, for most unwanted, futility records. They seem to set new ones every single week somehow. 

Reply/Quote
(11-24-2019, 06:11 PM)leonardfan40 Wrote: Giving your young guy a shot in a lost season to see what he can do is not a mistake. Sticking with him for the rest of the season would be. You’ve seen what he can do which is why you put him in. Best case scenario he isn’t ready yet (we all know he never will be). Get him out and give the other rookie a chance to put something on tape, or put Dalton in to try to win a game and let him end his bengals career as a starter since the rookie is no good

I had a thought the other day while driving to the gym. I wondered if Finely continued to stink it up and they weren't willing to put Dolegala in, if they'd go back to Dalton the last 3 or 4 games for 2 reasons: 

1. Give the team some kind of chance to win 1 or 2.
2. Hope that he plays decent enough to up his trade value at the draft. 

Ten seasons is more than enough to see that he's not the answer here, so sticking with him next year would just be a repeat of the last 4 years. 

Reply/Quote
(11-24-2019, 06:19 PM)StrictlyBiz Wrote: The defense is legit good. The offense, not so much. 

Defense and offensive line. Having those two things can keep you in contention. 

Reply/Quote
(11-24-2019, 06:21 PM)Rubekahn29 Wrote: If nothing changes but Young, we will still be the same. Franchise QB>Elite DE. 

Yep. 14 more sacks a season won't get you jack if your offense can't score more than 13 points a game. 

Reply/Quote
(11-24-2019, 06:24 PM)StrictlyBiz Wrote: No way. Young can wreak havoc. Fix your O line, resign Green, and for the love of God put Dalton back in. Bengals get instantly much better. 

Dalton needs to go. If they take Young, which i'm not against...they need to take a QB in the 2nd, trade Dalton and try to package some picks to get back in the first round to get Kindley or another Oline guy. 

Reply/Quote
(11-24-2019, 06:42 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: ...and this is why that man should stick to business, never claim the title of General Manager, and let the experts pick the players.  Marvin Lewis, for all his faults as a coach in prime time, was a great judge of talent.  His drafts were productive.  I'm still not sold on Zac's ability to recognize talent yet but I hope Lou Anarumo gets in his face and demands Chase Young in the first round.

I'm starting to get the impression that Marv would have done much better if he hadn't been so handcuffed by MB and his archaic ways of viewing player treatment and free agency. 

And that's a hard thing to admit...

Reply/Quote
(11-24-2019, 08:13 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: As of week 9, coaches were 5 for 53 on PI challenges but 33 for 72 on all other challenges. 

That is beyond ridiculous, but when you don't have to answer for the discrepancy, why should they care?

Reply/Quote
(11-24-2019, 09:36 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: I'm starting to get the impression that Marv would have done much better if he hadn't been so handcuffed by MB and his archaic ways of viewing player treatment and free agency. 

And that's a hard thing to admit...

You’ll get no arguments from me.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
(11-24-2019, 09:32 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Dalton needs to go. If they take Young, which i'm not against...they need to take a QB in the 2nd, trade Dalton and try to package some picks to get back in the first round to get Kindley or another Oline guy. 

Dalton is not the answer moving forward with this team. If they go Young which wouldn't make me mad at all. Either get a bridge QB or like you say try and trade back up and get one of the 2nd tier guys. This team has so many needs you're not going to fix it in one offseason. 

It's obvious Finley isn't going to develop in any kind of short term, if at all. Why not see what Dolegala has ?
Reply/Quote
(11-24-2019, 09:32 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Dalton needs to go. If they take Young, which i'm not against...they need to take a QB in the 2nd, trade Dalton and try to package some picks to get back in the first round to get Kindley or another Oline guy. 

At this point Dalton has to go. I don't know how you go back to him next year after you bench him for a guy that's worse. That was a big mistake. It created a problem where there really wasn't one before. Or at least not as big as other problems. You could've rolled with Dalton while you fixed other things. He's. Not. That. Bad.
Reply/Quote
(11-25-2019, 11:44 AM)StrictlyBiz Wrote: At this point Dalton has to go. I don't know how you go back to him next year after you bench him for a guy that's worse. That was a big mistake. It created a problem where there really wasn't one before. Or at least not as big as other problems. You could've rolled with Dalton while you fixed other things. He's. Not. That. Bad.

He was bad, a lot this year and he started to feel real stale and like his expiration date had expired. 

Reply/Quote