Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
***Week 13 GameDay Thread...Steelers @ Bengals***
(12-05-2017, 02:11 AM)fisherscatfan Wrote: Dalton missed several reads in the 2nd half that could have continued drives. He continues to have his nuts disappear when the moment arises and he folds. You cannot win in this NFL without a qb that steps up.

Dalton had a great game. His WR dropped 3 crucial passes in those last drives. Not sure what you were watching.
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2017, 02:08 AM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Can't really expect a Bengals coordinator to call a play that has a chance of being more successful than the one they called, which wasn't successful at all. 

Well it’s not like Pittsburgh was missing a couple linebackers and we were running all over them...oh wait.
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2017, 02:12 AM)Stonyhands Wrote: Dalton is a ***** loser.  Period.  Maybe his guys are dropping passes but that sack sums up Dalton in a nutshell.  3rd and 2 game on the line and he panics and gets sacked.  He is not a winner.  Guess what...his amazing defense is gone and so are any chance of winning games.  When Marvin gets fired and the new coach comes in I pray it doesn’t take him long to start holding his players accountable.

Seriously go back and watch the overhead of that play before you keep making stupid comments. I know from the live view it looked like he was an idiot and didn’t belong on an NFL field, but the overhead view shows what he saw and there was no where to go with it
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
FIRE MARVIN NOW
Who Dey!!!

Reply/Quote
(12-05-2017, 02:08 AM)swilson3828 Wrote: Well....no.....the TEAM lost this game due to lack of composure, but a team usually follows the demeanor of their coach....and we all see Marvin standing on the sidelines like  Homer Simpson

Stop how can you expect players competing to enthusiastic after so many horrible calls.

I cannot put this game on the players the coaches etc. This game was all the refs
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
Five dropped passes tonight on top of everything else. Sloppy play, poor coaching that is the single biggest cause of the foldups - the head coach sets the tone for everyone and Marvin's tone lacks any form of aggressiveness and basic ally has players psyched out and always waiting for something bad to happen instead of taking the fight to the enemy.
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2017, 02:08 AM)JB Bengal Wrote: I've been ready to move on from Marv and his piss-poor game management for years...

I'm about as resilient as you can get, but if Marv's back next year, I won't be.  Don't get me wrong, I love what he's done for our organization, but we've needed to move on for quite some time.

....but what has he done?  Taken us to the playoffs????  So what?  
Reply/Quote
What kills me is the stupidity of Guenther how in the Hell do you let Kirkpatrick cover Brown when Jackson owns his ass. Also what the hell why can't we ever tackle Bell and make him go backwards.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2017, 02:14 AM)thompson19osu Wrote: Dalton had a great game. His WR dropped 3 crucial passes in those last drives. Not sure what you were watching.

Really? AJ Green bailed him out over and over again. Funny how AJ gets blamed for the offense when he ***** us but never gets any credit. Andy literally has to throw the ball right away because the bum cannot read a ***** defense. He had one read and Gio on that 3rd and 2 and both were covered so he did his patented 360, shuffle, and then run into a defender. Captain Clutch let me tell you.
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2017, 02:14 AM)leonardfan40 Wrote: Seriously go back and watch the overhead of that play before you keep making stupid comments. I know from the live view it looked like he was an idiot and didn’t belong on an NFL field, but the overhead view shows what he saw and there was no where to go with it

Even the live view showed clearly there was nowhere to go. I'd just ignore "you know who" - he is one of a group of trolls who pollute the forums.
Reply/Quote
I'm just glad I don't get as emotionally invested in the Bengals as I used to... I'D BE DEAD BY NOW.
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2017, 02:15 AM)swilson3828 Wrote: ....but what has he done?  Taken us to the playoffs????  So what?  

Do you know how hard it is to drag a franchise this poorly run to the playoffs?
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2017, 02:14 AM)thompson19osu Wrote: Dalton had a great game. His WR dropped 3 crucial passes in those last drives. Not sure what you were watching.

Dalton had a great half. 2nd half was typical playing scared and missed reads. Threw short of first downs when other receivers were open. Panicked with the game on the line. Had to get that first down and he could have rushed for it. Big time QBs make that play in that situation.
Reply/Quote
You know Johnny Bench has said when the Big Red Machine was down by a run or two in the 7th or 8th, the Machine knew they were going to come back and win. They were winners with a winning mindset. The Steelers expect to beat the Bengals and most the time they do.

This whole organization is a modern day tragedy. Losers from Mike Brown down. Losers with a losing mindset, that expects to lose. If Marvin is fired, it will make Us feel better in the short term, but know this, Mike Brown WILL be a loser to the day he dies.
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2017, 02:15 AM)Synric Wrote: Stop how can you expect players competing to enthusiastic after so many horrible calls.

I cannot put this game on the players the coaches etc. This game was all the refs

Yeah..........it's been the refs 10 of the last 12 games or so I suppose.  Give me a break.  We has some bad calls, but they had a bad call too that cost them a TD.  Dalton took a sack on 3rd and 2 with 3 minutes to go, on our 20 yard line....THAT was Dalton.  The sheer lack of discipline from the entire team.....THAT is on Marvin and the rest of the staff.  Oh yeah, don't forget about Bell's TD where our defenders just stood by and watched him run to the end zone instead of pushing him out of bounds.  No, it's not JUST mMarvin and it's not JUST Dalton, it's the entire joke of an organization.......I mean it's just a joke plain and simple.
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2017, 02:15 AM)swilson3828 Wrote: ....but what has he done?  Taken us to the playoffs????  So what?  

What have you done?? Oh that's right... nothing
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2017, 02:14 AM)leonardfan40 Wrote: Seriously go back and watch the overhead of that play before you keep making stupid comments. I know from the live view it looked like he was an idiot and didn’t belong on an NFL field, but the overhead view shows what he saw and there was no where to go with it

You’re probably right. Every crucial play Dalton has ever had late in a game ends the same way. It’s probably because everybody else isn’t doing their job. We didn’t have time score in the second half just hold onto the god damn ball and flip field position...maybe a first down or two. Nope. Andy’s started the season and has been 100% healthy and his offense is the absolute worst performing offense in the second half this year...but hey it’s not Andy.
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2017, 02:19 AM)Nately120 Wrote: Do you know how hard it is to drag a franchise this poorly run to the playoffs?

i hate to quote nately here cuz he is a carson palmer lover, and delusional for the most part to boot (sorry nately) however this is correct. once marvin is gone what do YOU think is going to happen? we'll go right back to the 90's man i have no doubt. even as bad is it looks right now, imagine worse. not saying i want to keep marvin just expect it b/c it's coming and it's likely coming after this season.
Reply/Quote
They were just talking on the postgame and singled out Iloka for his illegal hit, but never even mentioned Ju-Ju. If Gronk got a game suspension, this guy should get three!
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2017, 02:22 AM)Stonyhands Wrote: You’re probably right.  Every crucial play Dalton has ever had late in a game ends the same way.  It’s probably because everybody else isn’t doing their job.  We didn’t have time score in the second half just hold onto the god damn ball and flip field position...maybe a first down or two.  Nope.  Andy’s started the season and has been 100% healthy and his offense is the absolute worst performing offense in the second half this year...but hey it’s not Andy.

Andy played well tonight not sure why all the hate on the guy.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote