Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
***Week 13 GameDay Thread...Steelers @ Bengals***
(12-05-2017, 02:17 AM)Joelist Wrote: Even the live view showed clearly there was nowhere to go. I'd just ignore "you know who" - he is one of a group of trolls who pollute the forums.

So let me get this straight...you are fine with Andy dancing around in the backfield instead of running for the first or trying to find more time to make a throw. Yes his patented side to side to shuffle spin around right into a defender is always the move of choice. I hope they add that special skill to Madden next year.
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2017, 02:19 AM)Nately120 Wrote: Do you know how hard it is to drag a franchise this poorly run to the playoffs?

True, but do you know how bad of a coach you have to be not to have done more with the talent that  Marvin has had over the years?  I mean to have NEVER won a playoff game........says a whole lot.
Reply/Quote
It's no coincidence that most of these pansy ass rules are written because of this Dirty ass Pitt team constantly crossing the line. JuJu better pray he's already injured and not playing next time these teams play cause Burfict will damn sure make sure he is before the game is over.

Now with that said. It's painfully obvious that this team/Coaches have zero killer instinct and ability to make halftime adjustments. This team continues to let Pitt bully them to the point of embarrassment. Marvin and the rest of these coaches can't leave town fast enough. This D is just as pathetic as the Oline, Kirk is garbage and when the hell is a coach going to tell Erickson to stop catching the ball at the 3 yard line.

It's a shame cause Burfict, Bernard and hell even Dalton who may have played one of his best games against this team came up short. You can't beat Pitt and the refs if you keep it close. Not sure I can even stomach another game this year, and I've emotionally detached myself from this pathetic shit show for the first time this year in 40 years. Serious changes need to be made for this franchise to have any hope.
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2017, 01:58 AM)Joelist Wrote: At this point they should just take the team to another city. As long as the Browns own it there is no hope.

That's the only thing i'm hoping for. Brown somehow grows a set of balls, gets so disgusted at how pathetic this team is that he's assembled and fires everyone, then sells the team to someone in Siberia.

The sooner the better.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2017, 02:25 AM)Jakeypoo Wrote: Andy played well tonight not sure why all the hate on the guy.

How many points has his offense scored in second halves this season. This guy cannot put together whole games unless it’s the Browns.
Reply/Quote
Non-referee reasons why Bengals lost:

1) Dre Kirkpatrick is, once again, Le'veon Bell's *****.
2) Dre Kirkpatrick is Antonio Brown's *****.
3) George Iloka played selfish and stupid football.
4) Too afraid not to run the ball late in the game when they were pretty successful early on.
5) Marvin Lewis.
6) Steelers adjustments, once again, were much better than any Bengal adjustments.

oh, and 7) AJ Green and Brandon LaFell got a case of the dropsies. That was very disappointing.
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2017, 02:26 AM)Stonyhands Wrote: So let me get this straight...you are fine with Andy dancing around in the backfield instead of running for the first or trying to find more time to make a throw.  Yes his patented side to side to shuffle spin around right into a defender is always the move of choice.  I hope they add that special skill to Madden next year.

To even try and throw it there was dumb.  Simply hand the ball to Bernard and let him make 2 yards.
Reply/Quote
I'll save my comments for the game after i find out if Ryan Shazier is paralyzed. I made a few nasty comments when it happened but I don't want the guy crippled for life.

Reply/Quote
Tongue 
(12-05-2017, 02:21 AM)TheUberHuber Wrote: What have you done?? Oh that's right... nothing

Wow....now that is an intelligent post. Hilarious
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2017, 02:28 AM)swilson3828 Wrote: To even try and throw it there was dumb.  Simply hand the ball to Bernard and let him make 2 yards.

Agreed...I’ve said as much. That clearly should have been a run against a depleted LB Corp in the rain. I honestly thought they held Gio on that pass play though.
Reply/Quote
I'd be curious to know how many yard Kirkpatrick got burnt for tonight.
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2017, 02:24 AM)WildCat Wrote: i hate to quote nately here cuz he is a carson palmer lover, and delusional for the most part to boot (sorry nately) however this is correct. once marvin is gone what do YOU think is going to happen? we'll go right back to the 90's man i have no doubt. even as bad is it looks right now, imagine worse. not saying i want to keep marvin just expect it b/c it's coming and it's likely coming after this season.

What am I delusional about?
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2017, 02:28 AM)Stonyhands Wrote: How many points has his offense scored in second halves this season.  This guy cannot put together whole games unless it’s the Browns.

Our Offensive line sucks we can only run short quick passes. 
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
Dalton threw for like 68 yds in the 2nd half with 16 coming on the dump off to Bernard on 3rd and forever.
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2017, 02:26 AM)swilson3828 Wrote: True, but do you know how bad of a coach you have to be not to have done more with the talent that  Marvin has had over the years?  I mean to have NEVER won a playoff game........says a whole lot.

I was defending Andy, not Marvin.  Marvin Lewis had two very decent QBs in Palmer and Dalton his whole career as a HC and he's gotten bupkus out of it.  Meanwhile, we don't see Hue or Vance Josephs as big losses because they can't win with Paxton Lynch and (insert Browns QB here).
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2017, 02:31 AM)swilson3828 Wrote: I'd be curious to know how many yard Kirkpatrick got burnt for tonight.

The computers are still calculating it. 
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2017, 02:31 AM)Nately120 Wrote: What am I delusional about?

well.....the obvious is the love for palmer would be one. past posts i care not to go back and find. i'm not saying you are as delusional as others, it's the palmer thing mostly man. he's done dick since he even left the bengals. not that he went to a better run franchise either. both times.
Reply/Quote
I told my son that this game was a loss as soon as the Steelers scored 3 at the end of the half with only 30 seconds to work with. The Bengals were up 17-3 but I’ve seen the collapse enough to know. I’m curious, at what point did you know it was a loss? Before kickoff doesn’t count, most of us knew then though.
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2017, 02:32 AM)Jakeypoo Wrote: Our Offensive line sucks we can only run short quick passes. 

Why do you think that is? Dalton’s entire career we’ve ran short quick passes. This isn’t new. Has his line been so bad earlier in his career that he always had to do quick passes then too? No. He cannot read a defense. That why we don’t see wide open throws against zone coverage. Andy cannot read a defense. By now all defenses have to do is take away his short game. Guess what bringing that many people closer to the line of scrimmage also helps stop the run. Coincidence that our offense has issues all year including the worst run offense in the NFL.

Guess what else...we started throwing downfield in the first half and stopped throwing short of the chains and we were running the ball all over them. Second half Andy shows up and we go back to playing short of the chains. Andy had several bad deep throws this game...so let’s not pretend that 3 drops were the entire reason for our offense disappearing in the second half. Every team this year will dare us to beat them with Andy’s arm. Not just short quick throws but passes that every NFL QB should be able to make. Not throws five yards out of bounds.
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2017, 02:39 AM)WildCat Wrote: well.....the obvious is the love for palmer would be one. past posts i care not to go back and find. i'm not saying you are as delusional as others, it's the palmer thing mostly man. he's done dick since he even left the bengals. not that he went to a better run franchise either. both times.

It's possible to like someone without thinking he's the best (case in point, Bengals fandom).  Also, Palmer isn't a HOFer by any means, but it took him one actual shot at the post-season to make it closer to a SB than the Bengals have been in almost 30 years (and counting).

Both Palmer and Dalton could have been far more relevant in the post-season if they hadn't spent their prime years playing for Mike Brown and Marvin Lewis.  What's so delusional about that?  Seems pretty reasonable and factually-based, to me.  Thinking that going 13-3, getting a 1st round bye, having a borderline MVP season, being a top 3 QB, leading the #1 overall NFL offense in a league that has Tom Brady and Aaron Rodgers in it, and getting to the NFC Championship game "isn't dick" seems more delusional to me, but to each his own.  I'd piss my pants with glee if the Bengals got stomped by the Patriots in Foxborough in the AFC Championship game...maybe you're just one of those "All or nothing" types.

Palmer really only had 2 really great years, but he played for 3 historically bad franchises. The guy isn't the bees knees, but he's no bum. So what?
Reply/Quote