Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
***Week 13 GameDay Thread...Steelers @ Bengals***
(12-05-2017, 02:39 AM)Circleville Guy Wrote: I told my son that this game was a loss as soon as the Steelers scored 3 at the end of the half with only 30 seconds to work with. The Bengals were up 17-3 but I’ve seen the collapse enough to know. I’m curious, at what point did you know it was a loss? Before kickoff doesn’t count, most of us knew then though.

When we had the lead to be honest. Marvin is was too conservative. Absolutely zero killer instinct in this guy. But hey, i honestly think that Marvin would have been resigned if they won this game so....there may be something good we can take away with this train wreck.
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2017, 02:49 AM)TKUHL Wrote: When we had the lead to be honest. Marvin is was too conservative. Absolutely zero killer instinct in this guy. But hey, i honestly think that Marvin would have been resigned if they won this game so....there may be something good we can take away with this train wreck.

Let’s hope that he’s gone at seasons end. I’ve never seen a coach that coaches not to lose as much as he does. 8-10 yard passes are given in the second half of games. Not given up but like hand delivered.
Reply/Quote
Eff this team. Eff mike brown. Eff Marv Lewis. Blow this shit up cause the window closed 2 years ago.
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2017, 02:48 AM)Nately120 Wrote: It's possible to like someone without thinking he's the best (case in point, Bengals fandom).  Also, Palmer isn't a HOFer by any means, but it took him one actual shot at the post-season to make it closer to a SB than the Bengals have been in almost 30 years (and counting).

Both Palmer and Dalton could have been far more relevant in the post-season if they hadn't spent their prime years playing for Mike Brown and Marvin Lewis.  What's so delusional about that?  Seems pretty reasonable and factually-based, to me.  Thinking that going 13-3, getting a 1st round bye, having a borderline MVP season, being a top 3 QB, leading the #1 overall NFL offense in a league that has Tom Brady and Aaron Rodgers in it, and getting to the NFC Championship game "isn't dick" seems more delusional to me, but to each his own.  I'd piss my pants with glee if the Bengals got stomped by the Patriots in Foxborough in the AFC Championship game...maybe you're just one of those "All or nothing" types.

Palmer really only had 2 really great years, but he played for 3 historically bad franchises.  The guy isn't the bees knees, but he's no bum.  So what?
i am a kentucky fan so yeah...it's all or nothing. i'd like to burn the banners they raised for "runner-up" and "final four" b/c it's never good enough. the biggest middle finger is that cincinnati still allows mike brown to make his living off of the fans. the whole damn fanbase is delusional, which would obv. include myself. can't help it really.

also, i agree dalton could've been better with a different franchise possibly, palmer not so much. palmer has and will end his career as a "bum". if dalton doesn't get a head coach soon he'll end up the same. has dalton ever had a 1st round bye?
Reply/Quote
(12-04-2017, 11:55 PM)TSwigZ Wrote: What am i watching on prime time

Nvm it was bengals forsure
Who Dey!!!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2017, 03:14 AM)WildCat Wrote: i am a kentucky fan so yeah...it's all or nothing. i'd like to burn the banners they raised for "runner-up" and "final four" b/c it's never good enough. the biggest middle finger is that cincinnati still allows mike brown to make his living off of the fans. the whole damn fanbase is delusional, which would obv. include myself. can't help it really.

also, i agree dalton could've been better with a different franchise possibly, palmer not so much. palmer has and will end his career as a "bum". if dalton doesn't get a head coach soon he'll end up the same. has dalton ever had a 1st round bye?

You're entitled to your opinion, but your opinion that Palmer is a "bum" isn't exactly compelling evidence that I'm delusional.  Maybe people's feelings are more important in kentucky, too. 
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2017, 03:14 AM)WildCat Wrote: i am a kentucky fan so yeah...it's all or nothing. i'd like to burn the banners they raised for "runner-up" and "final four" b/c it's never good enough. the biggest middle finger is that cincinnati still allows mike brown to make his living off of the fans. the whole damn fanbase is delusional, which would obv. include myself. can't help it really.

So what about UK football?   LMAO

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(12-05-2017, 08:24 AM)Nately120 Wrote: You're entitled to your opinion, but your opinion that Palmer is a "bum" isn't exactly compelling evidence that I'm delusional.  Maybe people's feelings are more important in kentucky, too. 

I live here.....born and raised.....and could give two shits about basketball....lol.  I'm kinda like you in Stooler country.

Reply/Quote
(12-05-2017, 02:47 AM)Stonyhands Wrote: Why do you think that is?  Dalton’s entire career we’ve ran short quick passes.  This isn’t new.  Has his line been so bad earlier in his career that he always had to do quick passes then too?  No.  He cannot read a defense.  That why we don’t see wide open throws against zone coverage.  Andy cannot read a defense.  By now all defenses have to do is take away his short game.  Guess what bringing that many people closer to the line of scrimmage also helps stop the run.  Coincidence that our offense has issues all year including the worst run offense in the NFL.  

Guess what else...we started throwing downfield in the first half and stopped throwing short of the chains and we were running the ball all over them.  Second half Andy shows up and we go back to playing short of the chains.  Andy had several bad deep throws this game...so let’s not pretend that 3 drops were the entire reason for our offense disappearing in the second half.  Every team this year will dare us to beat them with Andy’s arm.  Not just short quick throws but passes that every NFL QB should be able to make.  Not throws five yards out of bounds.

So Dalton lost this game?  GTFO.....you're clueless.  I guess you know more than Jon ***** Gruden?  LMAO LMAO LMAO LMAO  

Reply/Quote
(12-05-2017, 08:24 AM)Nately120 Wrote: You're entitled to your opinion, but your opinion that Palmer is a "bum" isn't exactly compelling evidence that I'm delusional.  Maybe people's feelings are more important in kentucky, too. 

my feelings aren't more important b/c i'm from kentucky but we'll agree to disagree, imo palmer was a bum he was never a leader and it's shown. quitting on your team is the ultimate middle finger. corey dillon did the same and i consider him a "bum" as well. he got lucky and got a ring in new england however, so good for him. still a bum.

if we didn't have the ownership we do most of us wouldn't be sniping @ one another, i feel ashamed to be a bengal fan.
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2017, 10:43 AM)Wyche Wrote: So what about UK football?   LMAO

yeah it's never been good, don't care about it. what happened to ohio state again? win the big 10 and get snubbed? ouch, that hurts.
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2017, 03:04 AM)Lionel Hutz Wrote: Eff this team. Eff mike brown. Eff Marv Lewis. Blow this shit up cause the window closed 2 years ago.

So you were the one wearing an American flag for a shirt.....

#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
(12-05-2017, 10:54 PM)WildCat Wrote: my feelings aren't more important b/c i'm from kentucky but we'll agree to disagree, imo palmer was a bum he was never a leader and it's shown. quitting on your team is the ultimate middle finger. corey dillon did the same and i consider him a "bum" as well. he got lucky and got a ring in new england however, so good for him. still a bum.

if we didn't have the ownership we do most of us wouldn't be sniping @ one another, i feel ashamed to be a bengal fan.

You call out our ownership and declare shame at being a fan of this team while you criticize players who don't want to play for the team you are ashamed to even root for.  So you are saying the Bengals have awful ownership and have become a disgrace of a franchise because of Mike Brown...but, guys like Palmer and Dillion who left and then had more success with franchises that actually try to win are bums.

Yes, players should stick around and obediently spend their careers playing for a franchise that causes them shame.  That's some kinky stuff, there. And lots of players seem to give Mike Brown the middle finger. Maybe he deserves it? Nah, couldn't be.
Reply/Quote
I know we're all pissed, but please direct your frustrations where they belong. With the team. Not with each other.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2017, 10:58 PM)WildCat Wrote: yeah it's never been good, don't care about it. what happened to ohio state again? win the big 10 and get snubbed? ouch, that hurts.

LMAO.....I'm not a Buckeye fan.....but my Seminoles definitely had a worse season than the Cats.....ouch indeed! Tongue

Reply/Quote