Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
***Week 14 GameDay Thread - 49ers @ Bengals***
(12-12-2021, 10:35 PM)Nately120 Wrote: ZT has Burrow, Lebeau had Akili Smith.

Our d was horrible when he was head coach
Reply/Quote
(12-12-2021, 11:55 PM)Bengalfan4life27c Wrote: Our d was horrible when he was head coach

The whole franchise was XFL caliber when he was head coach.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-12-2021, 10:48 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Nagy made the playoffs twice with Mitch Trubisky...you think ZT could do that?
There is a huge difference in the defense.  Nagy sucks
Reply/Quote
(12-12-2021, 10:26 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: is joe burrow not ready for no huddle?

Can't have a no huddle when a defender fakes an injury to slow the momentum
Reply/Quote
(12-13-2021, 12:47 AM)swilson3828 Wrote: There is a huge difference in the defense.  Nagy sucks

You really think the Bears defense is enough to make up for Burrow versus Trubisky?  That's harsh.

And yea, Nagy sucks but not as much as ZT.
Reply/Quote
(12-12-2021, 10:27 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: I think in general zac taylor makes boneheaded aggressive plays, and based on our record, shit is'nt working, so they tried something different this game. no burrow picks and non aggressive play. still loss.

With the way Burrow was moving the ball and the lack of the way Mixon was running the ball I'd take risking a Burrow pick all day long in this situation.  You get a chance to win the game you make the most of it, you don't ***** out like Taylor did.  Mixon hadn't practiced all week because of illness
Reply/Quote
Is it possible to change your screen name here?
Reply/Quote
(12-13-2021, 12:52 AM)Nately120 Wrote: You really think the Bears defense is enough to make up for Burrow versus Trubisky?  That's harsh.

And yea, Nagy sucks but not as much as ZT.

Trubisky had the misfortune of having a totally inept Bears offensive coordinator.  Burrow is definitely the better QB but the dynamics of both teams were completely different. It's a crap shoot between the two for the most suckage
Reply/Quote
(12-12-2021, 11:55 PM)Bengalfan4life27c Wrote: Our d was horrible when he was head coach

Akili Smith was one of the biggest NFL busts ever.  He couldn't hit a 10 foot wall that was two feet in front of him
Reply/Quote
(12-13-2021, 12:56 AM)swilson3828 Wrote: Trubisky had the misfortune of having a totally inept Bears offensive coordinator.  Burrow is definitely the better QB but the dynamics of both teams were completely different. It's a crap shoot between the two for the most suckage

But Trubisky was the first QB off the board and he played out his rookie contract and is a backup now...the guy is a total bust.  Are the Bears so good that they can negate having a total bust at QB vs a QB like Burrow?

I guess we will never know.  I wouldn't trade this roster for the 2018 Bears, though.  Hmm...actually they had a lot of pro-bowlers that year.  Never mind.
Reply/Quote
(12-12-2021, 10:39 PM)cinci4life Wrote: So Bell gets flagged for taunting after pointing his finger. Robert Quinn of the Bears just sacked Rodgers and got up and did the discount double check thing while looking at Rodgers and no flag to be found. No consistency at all.

The rule was made to protect refs
-Housh
Reply/Quote
(12-12-2021, 10:28 PM)Clark W Griswold Wrote: I really wish I wouldn’t watch them but it’s a bad addiction at this point.
Damn directv for giving me the Sunday Ticket for free again this year!
I hope I don’t get it next year so I don’t have to watch these losers.

What's the trick for Directv to offer you Sunday Ticket for free?

I need to do that.   
[Image: 4540978331_3e8fe35323.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(12-13-2021, 12:59 AM)Nately120 Wrote: But Trubisky was the first QB off the board and he played out his rookie contract and is a backup now...the guy is a total bust.  Are the Bears so good that they can negate having a total bust at QB vs a QB like Burrow?

I guess we will never know.  I wouldn't trade this roster for the 2018 Bears, though.  Hmm...actually they had a lot of pro-bowlers that year.  Never mind.

I think Trubisky will be an NFL starter again.  He shouldn't have been the first, or even second QB off the board, but he has all of the intangibles you would want in a QB, he just had a terrible situation in Chicago.  He definitely isn't going to play much in Buffalo, but when he becomes a free agent someone will pick him up as a potential starter. You put the right players around Trubisky and I think he'd do just fine.  Definitely not a Mahomes or anyone like that but he has the potential to be a quality QB.....just needs a real opportunity.  
Reply/Quote
(12-13-2021, 11:15 AM)BengalYankee Wrote: What's the trick for Directv to offer you Sunday Ticket for free?

I need to do that.   

Lol you don't need NFL Sunday ticket to get every NFL game being broadcast.  
Reply/Quote