Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
***Week 14 GameDay Thread...Bengals @ Browns***
(12-11-2016, 05:49 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Hue looks miserable.

Can't feel too bad for him. He should have been patient and stayed here.
Well since it's the browns, I'm sure he'll get fired after a year or 2 and we can get him back if we really want to.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Another step towards mediocrity!!
Reply/Quote
Hey..we win.. whaddaya know? Super bowl here we (don't) come..
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
Good clean game in bad weather, nice job fellas.
Reply/Quote
(12-11-2016, 05:55 PM)MasonDT70 Wrote: Well since it's the browns, I'm sure he'll get fired after a year or 2 and we can get him back if we really want to.

I don't want Hue back. A fresh approach is my first choice. And my second. No more previous Bengal experience ......please.
Some say you can place your ear next to his, and hear the ocean ....

[Image: 6QSgU8D.gif?1]
Reply/Quote
(12-11-2016, 05:58 PM)wildcats forever Wrote: I don't want Hue back. A fresh approach is my first choice. And my second. No more previous Bengal experience ......please.
I don't really care if we go in another direction when he inevitably gets let's go. I'm just predicting within 2 years he'll be available.

Reply/Quote
Well..despite the fact that it was Cleveland they're still an NFL franchise and have players who can and do succeed in the league. We still get the win regardless of whether they were in first or even last place.
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(12-11-2016, 05:58 PM)wildcats forever Wrote: I don't want Hue back. A fresh approach is my first choice. And my second. No more previous Bengal experience ......please.

YEP !

I would love it if Marvin and the entire coaching staff were released. This team so very badly needs a new direction, new leadership, a new face, new culture.
Reply/Quote
(12-11-2016, 05:45 PM)grampahol Wrote: Leave it to Cleveland to cure Jeremy Hill of 1.0 per carry..

The Browns front seven < our o-line.

Better blocking = better looking Hill.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(12-11-2016, 05:53 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: He cannot be nearly as disappointed as I am, that the Bengals defense gave up 11.3 per carry to Crowell.  Freakin' Crowell, got 11.3 on our "vaunted" defense...

Give me a damn break!
Yet the 2 sacks by Geno will be what is lauded... guaranteed.

This was a terrible NFL team that our Bengals played today.

So bad... they may be infamously bad.
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(12-11-2016, 06:00 PM)grampahol Wrote: Well..despite the fact that it was Cleveland they're still an NFL franchise and have players who can and do succeed in the league. We still get the win regardless of whether they were in first or even last place.

Very true. A win's a win in the NFL, so you can't take them for granted.  But, it's the Brows, so it wouldn't mater to me if we were both 0-12 going into it, it's still special.  
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
(12-11-2016, 05:53 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: He cannot be nearly as disappointed as I am, that the Bengals defense gave up 11.3 per carry to Crowell.  Freakin' Crowell, got 11.3 on our "vaunted" defense...

Give me a damn break!

Another surprising stat was Dalton was limited to 180 yards passing today, even though he had 20 completions for >70% completion rate. His first game this season under 200 yards passing.

Reply/Quote
(12-11-2016, 06:08 PM)BengalsRocker Wrote: Yet the 2 sacks by Geno will be what is lauded... guaranteed.

This was a terrible NFL team that our Bengals played today.

So bad... they may be infamously bad.

Rather alarming that for the second consecutive game, the Bengals put a team away early, yet allowed them to score and maintain an ounce of suspense.

(12-11-2016, 06:12 PM)wildcats forever Wrote: Another surprising stat was Dalton was limited to 180 yards passing today, even though he had 20 completions for >70% completion rate. His first game this season under 200 yards passing.

As we all can surmise by now..  Had Marvin not went into "prevent offense" mode, Andy certainly could have had 300+ and likely 4 TDs today.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(12-11-2016, 06:37 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Rather alarming that for the second consecutive game, the Bengals put a team away early, yet allowed them to score and maintain an ounce of suspense.

As we all can surmise by now..  Had Marvin not went into "prevent offense" mode, Andy certainly could have had 300+ and likely 4 TDs today.

Can't really say how sick I am of this without banning myself, but I'm sure you can imagine  Hilarious

Reply/Quote