Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Week 14: Rooting Interest
The winner of Bills @ Bengals will get the #1 seed. KC is NOT running the table.
Only users lose drugs.
:-)-~~~
Reply/Quote
(12-10-2022, 12:02 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: Chargers are all but out of it at 6-6 so, root for them against Miami (futile...they will get destroyed) and also root for Jets.  We have a tie breaker with them and are already a game up on them.  

I suppose there is a school of thought that some would rather face the Jets than the Dolphins in the playoffs, but either scenario would be in Cincy (if things continue as they stand).

Last place I want to play a playoff game is Buffalo.  The weather could make it a very different game than played most anywhere else.  

If Chargers win today and Jets loss, they would be tied with last WC spot so they still have alot to play for plus their last three games are Indy, Rams, Denver , all very winnable. Miami is interesting team, yes they are 8-4 but the last team that beat with a winning record at that time was Buffalo in week 3.  Since then they lost to Jets, SF, Minn ( winning records at the time they played them) and we beat them in week 4.   Their  last 5 wins have been Steelers, Lions, Bears,Browns and  Texans .  I give Chargers a decent chance in SD especially now that they have Allen and Williams fully healthy. 

To me it is all Ravens games that are the most important, really like to get the lead outright since the tiebreaker in division is looking very much like Ravens
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-11-2022, 11:37 AM)Essex Johnson Wrote: If Chargers win today and Jets loss, they would be tied with last WC spot so they still have alot to play for plus their last three games are Indy, Rams, Denver , all very winnable. Miami is interesting team, yes they are 8-4 but the last team that beat with a winning record at that time was Buffalo in week 3.  Since then they lost to Jets, SF, Minn ( winning records at the time they played them) and we beat them in week 4.   Their  last 5 wins have been Steelers, Lions, Bears,Browns and  Texans .  I give Chargers a decent chance in SD especially now that they have Allen and Williams fully healthy. 

To me it is all Ravens games that are the most important, really like to get the lead outright since the tiebreaker in division is looking very much like Ravens

I give the Chargers no chance in SD.  Mellow
[Image: 4540978331_3e8fe35323.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(12-10-2022, 03:49 PM)Anarumo_Savant Wrote: We want the Jets to lose so we don't play Mike White in the playoffs

[Image: cbfc2bb8-9f57-4068-96d4-4605168f1c83-GTY...&auto=webp] Nervous
[Image: 4540978331_3e8fe35323.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(12-11-2022, 10:39 AM)Speedy Thomas Wrote: Go Steelers.

God it hurts to write that.

I'm all over that Terrible Towel Trainwreck today .  GO Kenny Prickett , or whatever your name is.
"Knowledge is preferable to ignorance. Better by far to embrace the hard truth than a reassuring fable. "
---CARL SAGAN
Reply/Quote
Cannot root for the Steelers, but the Ravens seem perfectly capable of losing the division lead on their own.
Reply/Quote
No way.

I want the Ravens to win every game until week 18
Chiefs lose one game
Bengals win out

Decision Sunday, Bengals go from #5 to #1 seed and a bye week with a crushing of the Ravens.
Only users lose drugs.
:-)-~~~
Reply/Quote
(12-11-2022, 12:12 PM)BengalYankee Wrote: I give the Chargers no chance in SD.  Mellow

Good catch
Reply/Quote
(12-11-2022, 01:14 PM)Forever Spinning Vinyl Wrote: No way.

I want the Ravens to win every game until week 18
Chiefs lose one game
Bengals win out

Decision Sunday, Bengals go from #5 to #1 seed and a bye week with a crushing of the Ravens.

I would personally agree to spin your vinyl for you for at least a year if that happens.
"Knowledge is preferable to ignorance. Better by far to embrace the hard truth than a reassuring fable. "
---CARL SAGAN
Reply/Quote
(12-10-2022, 02:54 PM)Go Cards Wrote: Don't recall many saying 6 wins max, but admittedly my memory is not great and you may be right. 

Although the Bengals poor play early on did deserve criticism, as does their great play as of late deserves praise.  

I remember when it was 2 games max..That feels like a hundred years ago already..  Mellow
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(12-11-2022, 10:39 AM)Speedy Thomas Wrote: Go Steelers.

God it hurts to write that.

Then stop doing it.
Go Benton Panthers!!
Reply/Quote
(12-09-2022, 06:43 PM)DesertBengal Wrote: For seeding implications it’s clear that we want the Ravens, Chiefs and Titans all to LOSE.

But how do we feel about the Jets @ Bills and Dolphins @ Chargers games?
Do the outcomes of those games provide any benefit to the Bengals?

I sure hope the Bengals are not looking anywhere but to focusing on winning the Brown's game. We have not come close to clinching a playoff spot and have a tough schedule ahead. Plus, the Browns are not a bad team, not even close to a bad team. This Brown's team has not only beat us, but gave us our biggest beat down in 2022.

One game at a time.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
A win today vs the Browns and I am confident the Bengals get #2 playoff spot AT WORST.

Lose today and I am not even sure they make the playoffs. If so as a 5 or 6.
Reply/Quote
EVERY game, no matter how slight the opponent, is an important game from here on out. We take care of business on every day that is TODAY and the seeding will take care of itself.
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
(12-10-2022, 12:02 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: Chargers are all but out of it at 6-6 so, root for them against Miami (futile...they will get destroyed) and also root for Jets.  We have a tie breaker with them and are already a game up on them.  

I suppose there is a school of thought that some would rather face the Jets than the Dolphins in the playoffs, but either scenario would be in Cincy (if things continue as they stand).

Last place I want to play a playoff game is Buffalo.  The weather could make it a very different game than played most anywhere else.  
Hmm no chance for Chargers?? Now 6th seed and with their  ending schedule might jump ahead of those Dolphins who are not good on the road  and have bills and Patriots away 
Reply/Quote
(12-12-2022, 01:40 AM)Essex Johnson Wrote: Hmm no chance for Chargers?? Now 6th seed and with their  ending schedule might jump ahead of those Dolphins who are not good on the road  and have bills and Patriots away 

*7th

https://www.nfl.com/standings/playoff-picture

Reply/Quote
(12-12-2022, 01:40 AM)Essex Johnson Wrote: Hmm no chance for Chargers?? Now 6th seed and with their  ending schedule might jump ahead of those Dolphins who are not good on the road  and have bills and Patriots away 

If you are going to keep receipts about when I have made a wrong prediction, have the class to point out how MANY more times I have nailed picks.  

Chargers played an outstanding game on defense (and might have shown the league something) with 8 starters out injured.  Impressive as hell.  
Reply/Quote