Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Week 15 Full First Round Mock Draft
1. Browns - Myles Garrett (DE) Texas A&M - Jonathan Allen is getting a lot of love lately for the #1 spot but I stick with the guy that has been mentioned for the longest time connected to the top spot and Cleveland and that guy is Garrett. Browns really can't go wrong with either choice and even though it means passing on a QB here I think this pick or Allen would be best for their franchise.

2. 49ers - Deshaun Watson (QB) Clemson - Kaepernick is not the long term answer for the 49ers with his inability to pass the football consistently. I think Watson would be a good choice with his ability as both a passer and runner in Chip Kelly's system. Trubisky is another player to watch out for here but either way it is likely to be a QB.

3. Jaguars - Jonathan Allen (DE) Alabama - A guy that is just too talented to pass up at this point. A similar strategy to what they did last year in taking Jalen Ramsey and Myles Jack. Keep collecting the best available talent in the draft and supplement it with some good free agents and this is a team that should be on the rise soon.

4. Bears - Mitch Trubisky (QB) North Carolina - If the 49ers don't take Trubisky earlier then I think he becomes a Chicago Bear. Cutler can't get the job done and Trubisky would be an upgrade from his rookie season if they choose to play him early.

5. Jets - Reuben Foster (ILB) Alabama - Some people may think this is a little early for an ILB and typically I would agree but I don't think the Panthers regret taking Kuechly #9. Foster is that good of a football player and won't last beyond the top 10 and is in this mock possibly not even beyond the top 5.

6. Titans - Marlon Humphrey (CB) Alabama - This is a loaded CB class in my eyes and that will benefit the Titans whether or not they take one here at #6 or wait until there other selection which is currently tabbed at pick 15. The Titans are a team on the upswing and trading down last year could pay big dividends for the future of this franchise.

7. Panthers - Cam Robinson (OT) Alabama - Offensive Tackle has been a major weakness for the Panthers the last few years yet they have ignored that position in the draft. I think this year after having the season they have had they will finally address this long term problem. Robinson has off field concerns but his talent is off the charts at Left Tackle.

8. Saints - Derek Barnett (DE) Tennessee - Another pick that some people may see as too high but I disagree. Saints are in desperate need of someone that can get pressure on the QB and Barnett is great at doing just that. I would look for Barnett or Tim Williams from Alabama to get serious consideration whenever the Saints are on the clock.

9. Browns - DeShone Kizer (QB) Notre Dame - I have heard the Browns have looked at Kizer quite a bit and now that he has declared this may be a best case scenario for the Browns. They get the QB Hue wants the most after already landing either Garrett or Allen to rush the passer at the top of the draft. Kizer is not my favorite player by any means in this draft and I think he has huge bust potential but if Hue sees something in the kid then that can't be discounted.

10. Chargers - Malik Hooker (S) Ohio State - Hooker says he is staying at Ohio State (as of now). I think being a potential top 10 to top 15 selection is enough to entice him to enter the league. He has great ball skills and has been compared to Ed Reed. I think the Chargers would love that as a replacement to losing Eric Weddle last offseason.

11. Cardinals - Zach Cunningham (ILB) Vanderbilt - Another inside linebacker this early seems crazy but Cunningham is a tackling machine and exactly what the Cardinals could use in the middle of their talented Defense.

12. Bengals - Malik McDowell (DE/DT) Michigan State - A player that has the size the Bengals covet that would likely work his way into a starting RDE position early in his career with the versatility to move all along the Defensive Line. Everything about his versatility and size scream Bengal to me. Jabrill Peppers at Outcould be another possibility here with a dark horse selection of Raekwon McMillan to be our new MLB.

13. Colts - Jabrill Peppers (OLB) Michigan - The Colts would love to land a talented player like Peppers at this spot. He is a solid cover guy, good tackler, and quality special team/gadget player.

14. Bills - Teez Tabor (CB) Florida - The Bills could use an upgrade at RT but I don't see one worth taking at 14. They could decide to trade down but if not I think they choose whichever CB they like the best out of what is still available.

15. Titans - Mike Williams (WR) Clemson - If the Titans could land one of the top CB and the top WR in the same draft then they would walk away very happy. Williams is as talented of a wideout as there is this draft and would likely be their best WR from day one.

16. Ravens - Jamal Adams (S) LSU - The Ravens have looked pretty good on Defense for the most part but an upgrade at Safety to pair with Eric Weddle would make a lot of sense here. Adams is right behind Hooker as far as talented safeties go and would make a good choice at 16.

17. Eagles - Marshon Lattimore (CB) Ohio State - I have seen top 5 and top 10 mocks with Lattimore in them but I think his medical history will scare some teams off. With that said he is still a lock for the first round. The guy has been arguably the best CB in college this year.

18. Packers - Leonard Fournette (RB) LSU - A good chance Fournette does not last this long but if he is still available here then I think the Packers run the card to the podium to make him the selection. Lacy has been a bust because both performance and injuries. Ty Montgomery is a good gadget player but nothing more.

19. Texans - Raekwon McMillan (ILB) Ohio State - Another Inside Linebacker that is a tackling machine. This guy has been a leader for the Ohio State Defense the last couple of years and he still isn't even a Senior.

20. Redskins - Tim Williams (OLB) Alabama - Williams is a great pass rusher and that is something the Redskins are desperate to add to their Defense. If a guy like Williams or Carl Lawson are available I think they would jump at the chance to add that type of pass rusher to their team.

21. Dolphins - OJ Howard (TE) Alabama - I could see this pick going a variety of different ways but the Dolphins have the makings of a potent offensive team for years to come with the talent at QB, WR, and RB. The line play was bad but has improved after they cut over half the starters and replaced them. Getting a good Tight End may be the missing piece for that Offense.

22. Buccaneers - Carl Lawson (DE) Auburn - A bit undersized as a typical Defensive End but this guy makes plays and can get to the QB. Both of which are missing from the Bucs DE spot for the most part.

23. Broncos - Ryan Ramczyk (OT) Wisconsin - All the Badgers do is produce quality Offensive Lineman year in and year out. Here is the next good one and the Broncos couldn't be happier to land him late in the first. Paxton Lynch will need some protection to help get the Broncos back to having a competent offense in the future.

24. Falcons - Desmond King (CB) Iowa - All King does is make plays on the ball. Not the biggest or fastest guy but he is a hell of ball player.

25. Steelers - Dan Feeney (OG) Indiana - Steelers could use an upgrade at Guard opposite of DeCastro and Feeney is the best one in the draft.

26. Seahawks - Lowell Lotulelei (DT) Utah - Seahawks Defense is not as dominant as it once was and a lot of that starts with the play up front along the Defensive Line. This selection would help address that problem.

27. Lions - Sidney Jones (CB) Washington - Jones could possible go as high as the top 15 but there are so many good CB's in this draft that I think it is all going to come down to teams preferences. The Lions will be happy to take any of the top guys to play in their Defensive backfield.

28. Giants - Dalvin Cook (RB) Florida State - The Giants would love to land a dynamic RB after seeing their rivals the Dallas Cowboys grab one in Zeke Elliot the previous year. Cook would be an instant starter at RB for them and help extend the career of Eli Manning.

29. Chiefs - Juju Smith-Schuster (WR) USC - A good sized WR to add to the smaller more dynamic pass catchers in Maclin and Hill that are already on the team.

30. Raiders - Gareon Conley (CB) Ohio State - Yet another quality CB for the 2017 draft. Conley has had a great season and even though he doesn't have the hype that his teammates Hooker and Lattimore currently have I believe he is on right on par with them as far as being a pro prospect and talented secondary player.

31. Patriots - John Ross (WR) Washington - McCaffrey from Stanford screams Bill Billicheck selection but I think if a player like Ross slides to the end of the first round the Patriots would be wise to snag him. Ross has top 15 talent but some WR do not always get drafted as high as expected and that may be Ross this year.

32. Cowboys - Taco Charlton (DE) Michigan - Dallas needs a Defensive End and I think Charlton is the best one still available at this point of the draft.
[Image: fadQsr.png]
Reply/Quote
How the colts don't take an offensive linemen in the 1st is beyond me "reach" or no reach
Reply/Quote
(12-14-2016, 05:29 PM)seahawkscheat Wrote: How the colts don't take an offensive linemen in the 1st is beyond me "reach" or no reach

You are probably correct. If Robinson is there I think he makes sense but I could also see Ramszck from Wisconsin at OT for them if his hip is okay (having surgery) and he does declare as expected. Garrett Bolles is another name to keep an eye on for them.
[Image: fadQsr.png]
Reply/Quote