Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
***Week 16 GameDay Thread - Bengals @ Dolphins***
Cincinnati Bengals (1-13)   vs   Miami Dolphins (3-11)
Sunday, December 22nd, 2019 at 1:00 PM on CBS
Hard Rock Stadium, Miami, Florida
Announce Crew: Andrew Catalon, James Lofton, Michael Grady
Referee: Brad Allen
Streaming Links: Click Here
Radio: WLW (700) - ESPN (1530) - WEBN (102.7)

[Image: pp3SYPB.jpg?1]
Reply/Quote
No true bengals fan is cheering for a meaningless win in this one.
Reply/Quote
Joe Mixon is active but is sick with the stomach flu

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr"><a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Bengals?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#Bengals</a> Week 16 inactives<br>WR A.J. Green<br>QB Jake Dolegala<br>WR Damion Willis<br>CB Torry McTyer<br>LB Brady Sheldon<br>RG John Miller <br>OT Isaiah Prince</p>&mdash; Tyler Dragon (@TheTylerDragon) <a href="https://twitter.com/TheTylerDragon/status/1208786777164652550?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">December 22, 2019</a></blockquote>

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(12-22-2019, 01:16 PM)Pat5775 Wrote: No true bengals fan is cheering for a meaningless win in this one.

Yup, I'll go ahead and throw it out there. Go Phins  :andy:

I hope it's 35 - 0 at the half so I can quit sweating. Because you know we can't muster more than a FG in 2nd half.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-22-2019, 01:16 PM)Pat5775 Wrote: No true bengals fan is cheering for a meaningless win in this one.

Cincinnati has the first pick in the draft already and I never ever cheer against the Bengals no matter what. 2-14 or 3-13 is better than 1-15.

I understand where Pat5775 is coming from, though, and he’s among my favorite posters. The first pick in the draft is significant but, should the Bengals get it, I would hope Mike Brown would at least try to trade it for additional picks. The Bengals are in dire need of a great draft.
Reply/Quote
(12-22-2019, 01:48 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: Cincinnati has the first pick in the draft already and I never ever cheer against the Bengals no matter what.  2-14 or 3-13 is better than 1-15.

I understand where Pat5775 is coming from, though, and he’s among my favorite posters.  The first pick in the draft is significant but, should the Bengals get it, I would hope Mike Brown would at least try to trade it for additional picks.  The Bengals are in dire need of a great draft.
Dolphins or Giants still have a chance for the first pic.  I'm not saying I want them to lose but it's not a lock.
Reply/Quote
I can’t root against the Bengals during the game, but we need the first pick, and we certainly can’t count on the Browns next week nor do I want to root for them.

And how isn’t this CBS’ premier 1:00 game? LOL
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(12-22-2019, 01:48 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: Cincinnati has the first pick in the draft already and I never ever cheer against the Bengals no matter what.  2-14 or 3-13 is better than 1-15.

I understand where Pat5775 is coming from, though, and he’s among my favorite posters.  The first pick in the draft is significant but, should the Bengals get it, I would hope Mike Brown would at least try to trade it for additional picks.  The Bengals are in dire need of a great draft.

3-13 could leave us picking 4th.  We have the strongest strength of schedule among the bad teams.  Can't get complacent 

Lions, Giants, Redskins, Dolphins are all at 3 wins. Giants and Redskins play each other today so one of them will be out

Reply/Quote
Welcome to the suck_o_matic game of the century.. How many games do you see where both sides stand more to gain by losing than winning? 
It's a hell.of a problem. The players probably want to put their best feet forward just to keep their jobs and keep making NFL money and I really hate to say it, but they don't care as much as fans about getting the first pick since it more often than not means losing their jobs. If you grew up a fan of another team, maybe even your opponent why would you want to throw the game for a team that may or may not even keep you on their roster? 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
Just lose baby
Reply/Quote
Mixon does not look like his usual high energy, enthusiastic self

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Rookie RB Trayveon Williams leads Joe Mixon, John Ross and Stanley Morgan onto the field in Miami. <a href="https://t.co/JW0DIMNR9J">pic.twitter.com/JW0DIMNR9J</a></p>&mdash; Santa Baby (@Ben_Baby) <a href="https://twitter.com/Ben_Baby/status/1208798437111717888?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">December 22, 2019</a></blockquote>

Reply/Quote
1 more loss is all we need to solidify this. Go on and get it over with.
Reply/Quote
(12-22-2019, 02:07 PM)pally Wrote: 3-13 could leave us picking 4th.  We have the strongest strength of schedule among the bad teams.  Can't get complacent 

Lions, Giants, Redskins, Dolphins are all at 3 wins. Giants and Redskins play each other today so one of them will be out

I think the Lions have a tie so they would be out of it.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(12-22-2019, 02:27 PM)pally Wrote: Mixon does not look like his usual high energy, enthusiastic self

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Rookie RB Trayveon Williams leads Joe Mixon, John Ross and Stanley Morgan onto the field in Miami. <a href="https://t.co/JW0DIMNR9J">pic.twitter.com/JW0DIMNR9J</a></p>&mdash; Santa Baby (@Ben_Baby) <a href="https://twitter.com/Ben_Baby/status/1208798437111717888?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">December 22, 2019</a></blockquote>

Take a week off Joe. LOL

Reply/Quote
(12-22-2019, 02:31 PM)michaelsean Wrote: I think the Lions have a tie so they would be out of it.

Yes, worst case scenario the Bengals pick 3rd. If the Bengals win out it probably will be 3rd as Miami plays NE and the Giants/Washington plays Philly/Dallas. A Dallas win today clinches the division which would make the final week meaningless for both. So, rooting for Dallas here.
Reply/Quote
(12-22-2019, 02:42 PM)Ctfan73 Wrote: Yes, worst case scenario the Bengals pick 3rd. If the Bengals win out it probably will be 3rd as Miami plays NE and the Giants/Washington plays Philly/Dallas.  A Dallas win today clinches the division which would make the final week meaningless for both.  So, rooting for Dallas here.

Either the Giants or Redskins will have at least 4 wins.  They play each other today

Reply/Quote
Sit Mixon. Draft day has come 4 months early!

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
The miuch anticipated loser (toilet) bowl 2019 game. We sucked all year, now is not the time to win. Lose or tie and win something for 2019, the 2020 number one draft position, not just for round 1, but all rounds.

If we don't score, best we can do is a tie Ninja Ninja Ninja
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
[Image: joker-here-we-go.jpg]
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
We must win!! I wanna win...
Reply/Quote