Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
***Week 16 GameDay Thread - Bengals @ Patriots***
Cincinnati Bengals (10-4)  vs   New England Patriots (7-7)
Sunday, December 24th, 2022 at 1:00 PM on CBS
Gillette Stadium, Foxborough, Massachusetts
Announce Crew: Ian Eagle, Charles Davis, Evan Washburn
Referee: Craig Wrolstad
{Streaming: Link 1 - Link 2}
Betting Line: Bengals -3.5

[Image: lhucbiU.png]

Reply/Quote
Mannnnn ……I cannot wait

WHO DEY
Reply/Quote
They gotta play us

Who Dey Tiger Who Dey
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
It's cold and windy in Foxborough.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(12-24-2022, 10:46 AM)Synric Wrote: It's cold and windy in Foxborough.

I do not envy them trying to play a game in this weather. Hopefully we can get the run game going. It's going to be a brutal game I think. Hopefully we can find a way to win. Who Dey!!!
Reply/Quote
The wind is a bit concerning because it could limit the quick pass.
Reply/Quote
I really wish big Trey wouldn’t play. I know it’s just pain, but a broken wrist probably limits his ability to use those big hands. Plus he’s probably doped up on opioids to offset the pain.
Reply/Quote
(12-24-2022, 01:10 PM)NotBigzo Wrote: I really wish big Trey wouldn’t play. I know it’s just pain, but a broken wrist probably limits his ability to use those big hands. Plus he’s probably doped up on opioids to offset the pain.

lidocaine into the wrist and tramadol (powerful anti-inflammatory) plus stabilization.  Opioids don't help much and will slow down his overall play

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
inactives. Allen George was called up from the practice squad to bolster the CB group

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Cam Taylor-Britt (shoulder) and Jay Tufele (illness), who were questionable, are both active today.<br><br>CB Jalen Davis (thumb) is not. <br><br>The other inactives:<br>RB - Chris Evans<br>OL - D'Ante Smith<br>OL - Jackson Carman<br>TE - Hayden Hurst<br>DE - Sam Hubbard</p>&mdash; Jay Morrison (@JayMorrisonATH) <a href="https://twitter.com/JayMorrisonATH/status/1606688665366892544?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">December 24, 2022</a></blockquote>

Reply/Quote
Bengals are favored from a FG to a TD...I'll take those odds.

WHO DEY!!! Crush the Pats!!!!!
Reply/Quote
Jay Morrison is reporting that Evan McPherson is struggling in warmups. Not only has he been inaccurate but he is missing 50 yard kicks short. This may be something to watch if Zac has to make a decision about kicking, punting, or going for it especially at the open end of the field. The wind is reportedly about 16MPH

Reply/Quote
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">CB Jalen Mills and CB Jack Jones are inactive for the Patriots today.<br><br>Their options at cornerback<br><br>-Jonathan Jones (starter)<br>-Marcus Jones (rookie slot corner)<br>-Shaun Wade (17 defensive snaps all season)<br>-Myles Bryant (UDFA in 2020, backup slot corner)</p>&mdash; Charlie Goldsmith (@CharlieG__) <a href="https://twitter.com/CharlieG__/status/1606696979547000834?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">December 24, 2022</a></blockquote>

Reply/Quote
(12-24-2022, 02:18 PM)pally Wrote: Jay Morrison is reporting that Evan McPherson is struggling in warmups.  Not only has he been inaccurate but he is missing 50 yard kicks short.  This may be something to watch if Zac has to make a decision about kicking, punting, or going for it especially at the open end of the field.  The wind is reportedly about 16MPH

Well that is all concerning to read.  Hopefully this is just a perfect storm combination of the field conditions, freezing temperature, and wind.  The alternative is something is not right with him, and that is a scary thought.
Reply/Quote
Go Bengals WhoDey!
Reply/Quote
Tick Tock, the game is locked..  Who Dey
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(12-24-2022, 02:18 PM)pally Wrote: Jay Morrison is reporting that Evan McPherson is struggling in warmups.  Not only has he been inaccurate but he is missing 50 yard kicks short.  This may be something to watch if Zac has to make a decision about kicking, punting, or going for it especially at the open end of the field.  The wind is reportedly about 16MPH

This is a game where you play field position, unless you're in the redzone. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
Hopefully we get off to a hot start!
Reply/Quote
Weather worries me a bit. Obviously benefits NE if it is tough to throw the ball.
O line needs to be physical and open holes in the run game today. Could be another big day for Perine - seems like it might be his type of game.
Reply/Quote
(12-24-2022, 01:33 PM)pally Wrote: lidocaine into the wrist and tramadol (powerful anti-inflammatory) plus stabilization.  Opioids don't help much and will slow down his overall play
I dunno..I used to do 8 balls years ago.. Heroin and cocaine.. It would kill me these days..My heart couldn't deal with it.
I'm not suggesting Trey start shooting heroin and cocaine just for this game..LOL
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
This is also a game that i would defer the kickoff. Bad Pats O, bad weather. Make a stop then score, then go for the last drive and 3rd qr kickoff. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote