Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
***Week 17 GameDay Thread - Bills @ Bengals***

Talking about people’s families is over the line. Period.

It’s cool though, I’m about done with this board. If the mods think merely deleting stuff like that is an appropriate response I’m not sure I want to be here anymore.

Edit: Wise choice to delete that Essex.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(01-03-2023, 02:22 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Talking about people’s families is over the line. Period.

It’s cool though, I’m about done with this board. It the mods think merely deleting stuff like that is an appropriate response I’m not sure I want to be here anymore.

^^^ get a load of this guy
Reply/Quote
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Was told that after the teams were brought back in to wait inside, QB Joe Burrow gathered the Bengals captains and they walked over as a group to the Bills' locker room to check on the Buffalo players.<br><br>In these sorts of situations, NFL players take care of each other.</p>&mdash; Albert Breer (@AlbertBreer)
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2023, 01:25 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Can we ban this guy, already? This is over the line.

Calm down, his opinion on what he finds appropriate,  should we have banned when you made untrue calms 
Reply/Quote
Not to mention the terrible excuse of an ignore function here…

Why do I get notifications from people I have on ignore? Makes no sense.

Reply/Quote
(01-03-2023, 01:52 AM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: Why would he tweet such a thing?

He's a bag of shit.  Always has been.
Reply/Quote

[Image: 12417656_10208481126928364_5227831409754...e=5702BE1D]
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2023, 12:15 AM)Nately120 Wrote: Seems logical...apparently the twitterverse is in full force blaming all sorts of crazy stuff.

Commenters on a Fox News article about this are blaming the Covid vaccine. 
Reply/Quote
Dr Sanjay Gupta discusses the injury
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2023, 10:43 AM)edindetroit Wrote: Commenters on a Fox News article about this are blaming the Covid vaccine. 

Of course they are. FOX being FOXY.
"Knowledge is preferable to ignorance. Better by far to embrace the hard truth than a reassuring fable. "
---CARL SAGAN
Reply/Quote
(01-02-2023, 11:18 PM)BengalsLUFC Wrote: My first though and google a guy called Fabrice Muamba it happens every so often in football.

They carried on playing that day

I read Muamba was later diagnosed with hypertrophic cardiomyopathy and all three of his son’s inherited it.

But, I can’t find Erikson’s underlying heart condition. Did he ever reveal it?
Reply/Quote
After the initial hit I thought for sure is was in injury to C1-C3 and possibly a basil skull fracture. Glad I was wrong about that. The one thing I'm not quite understanding is that ventricular fibrillation is a pretty common things to deal with for those who serve in the public safety sector. The main thing is the lack of oxygen to your brain WAITING for CPR to begin. An AED shock should have been enough to stop his heart from fibrillating and allow it to restart back into normal rhythm. CPR was began prob within a minute so. I'm just not quite understanding the possible lack of oxygen to his brain part since CPR was pretty much immediate. I understand the circulation isn't as good as natural circulation, but even without any circulation the blood has enough oxygen in it to sustain the body for a few minutes before brain damage starts to occur, and CPR was begun well within that time frame
Can a medical professional explain how all of this has evolved to be how it currently is? I know it's a bad situation but just knowing the basics of how this is treated I'm actually kinda surprised this has gotten to the stage it is at. Would appreciate any explanation
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2023, 08:03 PM)swilson3828 Wrote: After the initial hit I thought for sure is was in injury to C1-C3 and possibly a basil skull fracture. Glad I was wrong about that. The one thing I'm not quite understanding is that ventricular fibrillation is a pretty common things to deal with for those who serve in the public safety sector. The main thing is the lack of oxygen to your brain WAITING for CPR to begin. An AED shock should have been enough to stop his heart from fibrillating and allow it to restart back into normal rhythm. CPR was began prob within a minute so. I'm just not quite understanding the possible lack of oxygen to his brain part since CPR was pretty much immediate. I understand the circulation isn't as good as natural circulation, but even without any circulation the blood has enough oxygen in it to sustain the body for a few minutes before brain damage starts to occur, and CPR was begun well within that time frame
Can a medical professional explain how all of this has evolved to be how it currently is? I know it's a bad situation but just knowing the basics of how this is treated I'm actually kinda surprised this has gotten to the stage it is at. Would appreciate any explanation

“Research indicates that bystander use of automated external defibrillators for shockable rhythm increases neurologically intact survival to discharge (14.3% without bystander defibrillation; 49.6% with defibrillation).”

So about a 50/50 chance of brain injury with a shockable rhythm and a defibrillator. About 85% chance of brain injury without the defibrillator.

And we don’t know the underlying cause of the cardiac arrest.
Reply/Quote
delete
"Knowledge is preferable to ignorance. Better by far to embrace the hard truth than a reassuring fable. "
---CARL SAGAN
Reply/Quote
Looks like the bengals got the short stick in playoff scenarios. We basically have almost no chance of getting the 1st or 2nd seed unless KC and Buffalo lose. We will have have to play Ravens in back to back games, doesn’t sound fair. And maybe, not even at home
Reply/Quote