Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
***Week 17 GameDay Thread - Bills @ Bengals***
Will the game be cancelled or will the Bills forfeit the game
Reply/Quote
(01-02-2023, 11:21 PM)GridironMonarch Wrote: It'll probably be postponed. Don't see this continuing tonight.

But how can you postpone? This is a Monday Night game before the last weekend of the season. There is no time to have a make-up game. 
Reply/Quote
(01-02-2023, 11:21 PM)bjf123 Wrote: It didn’t look that bad. He jumped up and then collapsed flat on his back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

After taking a helmet to the chin.  It could have easily caused a broken neck that pinched his spinal cord, or maybe crushed his throat preventing airflow.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-02-2023, 11:16 PM)Joelist Wrote: They need to get on the phone to the league and get this postponed a day or two.

Can’t really play in a couple days. Call it a tie and go home.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(01-02-2023, 11:19 PM)Bengalitis Wrote: I'd like to see the replay.

Yeah this has nothing to do with the hit. Something else went wrong with this young man. 
Reply/Quote
(01-02-2023, 11:20 PM)Sled21 Wrote: I judt don't see them calling the game. They can't really re-schedule it at this point, they've sold 70K tickets, and thw tv contracts.

Maybe, but having the entire world watch the billionaire fossils who run the NFL and the major networks tell a bunch of traumatized players to get back to work might cost the NFL some money in the long-run.

I'd wager we're pretty die hard fans here, and I can't imagine any of us being upset if the game was called.  If the players are told to go on the field and they look as shaken as they did last time we saw them, I'll probably just turn it off.  Not out of protest, but who is feeling this now?
Reply/Quote
(01-02-2023, 11:23 PM)Timanky12 Wrote: Will the game be cancelled or will the Bills forfeit the game

No way you make a team forfeit! 
Reply/Quote
(01-02-2023, 11:24 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: After taking a helmet to the chin.  It could have easily caused a broken neck that pinched his spinal cord, or maybe crushed his throat preventing airflow.

Didn't see a helmet to the chin at all. Honestly only saw his head taking a hit when he collapsed.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
I hope they play only if they get news that he in stable condition at the hospital

If not then screw the NFLs sponsors and the $.
Some things are more important because the players won’t be ready to play and I don’t blame them.
Reply/Quote
I hope this kid ends up okay.
Reply/Quote
(01-02-2023, 11:24 PM)Lowerguywins Wrote: No way you make a team forfeit! 

I didn’t say that, I said Buffalo forfeits the game and doesn’t want to continue
Reply/Quote
(01-02-2023, 11:24 PM)michaelsean Wrote: Can’t really play in a couple days. Call it a tie and go home.

A tie essentially gives the Chiefs for home field and the Bengals clinch the AFC North. A lot of teams affected by this decision.
Reply/Quote
I think it all comes down to what kind of news they get from the hospital. If it’s good news, they play tonight. If not, they call it….either postpone it or forfeit it.
[Image: Zu8AdZv.png?1]
Deceitful, two-faced she-woman. Never trust a female, Delmar, remember that one simple precept and your time with me will not have been ill spent.

Reply/Quote
(01-02-2023, 11:23 PM)Joelist Wrote: That is my thought. They cannot call it outright because the game has playoff implications. They could postpone it 24 or 48 hours to let everyone get their focus back on football. 

There must be so many moving parts that the NFL is trying to resolve behind the scenes right now. Being completely unaware of said pieces, my knee jerk reaction is finish the game on Wednesday, and make sure the Bengals and Bills games from week 18 are moved to Sunday afternoon or even Monday.

No idea if that is viable, but that's the best I can come up with.
Reply/Quote
Just call it a tie and a game. Don't need to continue this tonight.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
Rewatched Zac interaction with Bills players after he spoke with their coach he said good game as if the game is over.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(01-02-2023, 11:26 PM)Billy_Bengal Wrote: A tie essentially gives the Chiefs for home field and the Bengals clinch the AFC North. A lot of teams affected by this decision.

Nope, with a tie, Buffalo still has a 1/2 game advantage
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
Per fox News Twitter, the ambulance stopped in the parking lot to let his family in. The lack of urgency getting him to a hospital asap is very concerning.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
(01-02-2023, 11:26 PM)Billy_Bengal Wrote: A tie essentially gives the Chiefs for home field and the Bengals clinch the AFC North. A lot of teams affected by this decision.

Exactly. This is why they have to resolve this game - it has ripple effects on postseason. 
Reply/Quote

Tough shit.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote