Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
***Week 17 GameDay Thread - Bills @ Bengals***
(01-02-2023, 11:39 PM)leonardfan40 Wrote: You sure? He’s quite a bit younger than Boyd

Only 2016, Boyd's last year and Damars first. 
Reply/Quote
I hate to break it to everyone, but Damar Hamlin’s football days are over if he didn’t get up after 10 minutes of CPR
Reply/Quote
(01-02-2023, 11:46 PM)BigPapaKain Wrote: Any one else find it insanely tacky that they keep rolling these ***** ads.

I get it, but **** off.

What else can they do? Cut to an episode of Mayberry RFD?
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Call it a tie and be done with it. Screw the fact that it impacts seeding and the playoffs. The kid needed CPR and shocks from an AED so he essentially died on the field. How the $&!? can you expect anyone to keep playing?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
(01-02-2023, 11:47 PM)Sled21 Wrote: If they call the game at 7-3, Bengals I suppose get the win. There is no rescheduling at this point and we have to play the Ravens Sunday and I think Buffalo has the Patriots. Can't replay this game and play that one on Sunday.

At this point, I think the Bills wouldn't even care if they got the loss.
Reply/Quote
Sportscenter desk and the announcers want the game called as well.

Stop wasting time and do it already.
Reply/Quote
(01-02-2023, 11:46 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Punctured lung wouldn't cause you to collapse backwards like that. You also don't treat a broken rib and collapsed lung with CPR. You would do more damage than good.

You have two lungs. You would be short of breath, breathing would be a labor, in a ton of pain, but not collapsed and needing CPR. You would be conscious.

I don't think it was really hit related at all, and more a health condition.

I was thinking the same thing. I dont know how he would've jumped up like he did seemingly in no physical pain with a broken rib either. He showed no signs of physical injury when he stood up. It looks more serious than a regular injury. Like a medical condition.
Reply/Quote
Its quite sad but im sure goodell is in talks with the people who are involved with Gambling and advertisement decisions
Reply/Quote
Hate to be in the booth and trying to come up with something to say.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
Both Burrow and Taylor have made their way to the Bills locker room. I’m proud of the men that lead this team.

Reply/Quote
(01-02-2023, 11:48 PM)bjf123 Wrote: Call it a tie and be done with it. Screw the fact that it impacts seeding and the playoffs. The kid needed CPR and shocks from an AED so he essentially died on the field. How the $&!? can you expect anyone to keep playing?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

^^^^^^^^^^^^^THIS!^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Reply/Quote
(01-02-2023, 11:44 PM)Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 Wrote: There are several options: 

1) Replay from here later (maybe move the Bills/Bengals game back next week, but harder with POs looming). 

2) Call it a tie (somewhat problematic with Cincy up). 

3) Bills forfeit (totally unfair to Buffalo). 

I think you can throw out #2. With the AFCN and #1 seed still up for grabs there's just no way they call it a tie.
[Image: hFcJI4.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-02-2023, 11:46 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Punctured lung wouldn't cause you to collapse backwards like that. You also don't treat a broken rib and collapsed lung with CPR. You would do more damage than good.

You have two lungs. You would be short of breath, breathing would be a labor, in a ton of pain, but not collapsed and needing CPR. You would be conscious.

I don't think it was really hit related at all, and more a health condition.

Could the Dale Earnhardt kinda injury be it ? I mean I know he wasn't going 190 MPH but something like it with the whiplash to neck/spine.
Reply/Quote
Postponing may not mean much. If his condition is worse, how do they play tomorrow or Wednesday? They don't. Game happens tonight or everyone goes home. I see that being the only thing being considered by the NFL
Like a teenage girl driving a Ferrari. 
Reply/Quote
In 1971 Chuck Hughes, a wide receiver with the Detroit Lions, became the first and only player to die on the field while playing. I believe he had a heart attack.

Let’s pray Damar Hamlin recovers.
Reply/Quote
So ****** up… I’m guessing he had an aneurism. I just heard of someone in my town here that had one a couple days ago. My distant cousin had one in august, and a guy I know from high school had one a couple years ago. It’s sad to see
Reply/Quote
(01-02-2023, 11:49 PM)michaelsean Wrote: Hate to be in the booth and trying to come up with something to say.

Yeah, Dan and Lap discussed it for some time before they cut the live broadcast and began replaying a pre-game interview.  
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
Make a ***** decision and stop leaving it up to the players.
Reply/Quote
(01-02-2023, 11:46 PM)BigPapaKain Wrote: Any one else find it insanely tacky that they keep rolling these ***** ads.

I get it, but **** off.

Well, you can't expect the NFL talking heads to go into full blown crisis mode and talk about this for an hour.  I will say the "what about the money?" debate does fit rather nicely with the fact that we've already seen the entire advertising lineup for the whole game.
Reply/Quote
(01-02-2023, 11:48 PM)TheFan Wrote: Only 2016, Boyd's last year and Damars first. 

Boyd was drafted in 2016 so he was gone by then.
Reply/Quote