Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
***Week 17 GameDay Thread - Bills @ Bengals***
(01-02-2023, 11:55 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: I don't think there was that kind of force involved. Also he popped right up and didn't grab his neck or back, and his helmeted head was being supported by his neck.

Commotio cordis. He got hit in the chest. Dude is most likely dead and both teams know about it, they're just stretching the TV time out because they owe ABC an hour and a half of coverage.

Really sad. 
Reply/Quote
(01-02-2023, 11:58 PM)Timanky12 Wrote: It shouldn’t take this long for the NFL to make a decision and cancel this game

It shouldn’t, but they’re trying to factor in all of the permutations of whatever decision they might make.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
(01-02-2023, 11:58 PM)Timanky12 Wrote: It shouldn’t take this long for the NFL to make a decision and cancel this game

I'm sure they were waiting to to see if there were any quick updates but then also trying to figure out what the next steps/options are. It's not as easy as just canceling the game, even if in ideal world it is. 
Reply/Quote
I think they call it a tie and we move on to Sunday.

We win the North, Bills stay in first seeding spot.

Not that it matters right now but think that’s how the league will call it a fair deal
Reply/Quote

THis game is over. I think they are just waiting for it to be made official. Like the crew said, Goodell and the NFL are just working on the immenent details for now.
Reply/Quote
(01-02-2023, 11:56 PM)cinci4life Wrote: Hank Gathers

Loyola Marymount. 

Also, I believe Korey Stringer died at/after practice for the Vikings. 

The Celtics player alluded to was Reggie Lewis. He collapsed during a PO game. He survived but had a heart ailment (like Gathers) and had to retire. 
Reply/Quote

From what we just saw of the coaches together passing the phone around, I'm sure they the decision has been made to do so but they haven't ironed out the details.  They may be trying to get the players out of the stadiums before media attempts to comment on things.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Officially suspended.
Reply/Quote
(01-02-2023, 11:56 PM)bjf123 Wrote: From Twitter:

As an ER doc, I can 100% tell you that after cardiac arrest, CPR and defibrillation (AED), there is no way any provider will say Damar Hamlin is ‘okay’ anytime soon.

Cancel the game @NFL. Let people be together.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oh my Prayers to him and his family. 
Reply/Quote
Game suspended officially. Will decide where to go from there.
[Image: hFcJI4.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-02-2023, 11:55 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: I don't think there was that kind of force involved. Also he popped right up and didn't grab his neck or back, and his helmeted head was being supported by his neck.
That is true. My understanding of basil skull fractures (which isn't much) says that he doesn't get up if that was the injury and they definitely aren't going to restart his heart let alone the breathing.

This is a time for the league to do the right thing - money and seeding be damned. Bets can be canceled and money given back. As either you or someone else indicated, we have seen the entire advertising slate for this game at this point.

I honestly don't think either team will care if it's a loss, tie or win given the situation.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
Suspend for tonight.
Decision comes later.
God speed young man.
Like a teenage girl driving a Ferrari. 
Reply/Quote
(01-02-2023, 11:57 PM)coachmcneil71 Wrote: He tackled Tee up high, and he was squared up. Basically, he took that hit directly to his chest/heart. A person gets hit in the chest hard enough it will cause a cardiac event. Honestly, not sure if this kid is going to make it by the way he went down.

Yep. He got hit in the chest. Dude was probably gone by the time they got him off the field. 
Reply/Quote
Good thing his mom rode with him in the ambulance.
Reply/Quote
This had nothing to do with the hit. I don’t think a NFL player has ever needed CPR due to a hit.
Reply/Quote
(01-02-2023, 11:59 PM)Joelist Wrote: This is making Goodell look very bad - he needs to be out there already speaking about what happens now.

I'm sure he was waiting for some sort of "thumbs up" moment from the hospital, but it doesn't seem to be coming.  When Christian Ericksen went down in the soccer match he was notably conscious as they wheeled him out...not so in this case.

Anyways, the game isn't starting back up.  I assume the players would have had a solidarity "we aren't going back out there" moment.
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2023, 12:00 AM)Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 Wrote: Loyola Marymount. 

Also, I believe Korey Stringer died at/after practice for the Vikings. 

The Celtics player alluded to was Reggie Lewis. He collapsed during a PO game. He survived but had a heart ailment (like Gathers) and had to retire. 

No Reggie Lewis died at a practice
Reply/Quote
(01-02-2023, 11:59 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Celtics did have a draft choice that died of a Heart Attack as he was celebrating (at a hotel room) getting drafted by them. Len Bias

I'm from Maryland, so we are well aware of that one. 
Like a teenage girl driving a Ferrari. 
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2023, 12:00 AM)BengalsLUFC Wrote: I think they call it a tie and we move on to Sunday.

We win the North, Bills stay in first seeding spot.

Not that it matters right now but think that’s how the league will call it a fair deal

They will not call it a tie. The very last move will be to call it a tie. There is billions tied up into these games seeding ticket sales gambling etc.

Its heartless but it is what it is.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(01-02-2023, 11:48 PM)C0de_M0nkey Wrote: I hate to break it to everyone, but Damar Hamlin’s football days are over if he didn’t get up after 10 minutes of CPR

Let's just hope that's the worst case scenario. 
Reply/Quote