Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
***Week 17 GameDay Thread...Ravens @ Bengals***
Baltimore Ravens (8-7)   vs   Cincinnati Bengals (5-9-1)
Sunday, January 1st, 1:00 PM on CBS
Paul Brown Stadium, Cincinnati, Ohio
Announce Crew: Carter Blackburn, Chris Simms

[Image: Ravens-Bengals.jpg]

Reply/Quote
I can't believe how fast this season went, in spite of how miserable the way it turned out. Here's to 2017 and a return to winning ways.

Happy New Year everyone !!
Some say you can place your ear next to his, and hear the ocean ....

[Image: 6QSgU8D.gif?1]
Reply/Quote
Bengals win this game after all 23-22 in a close one.
Get ready for next year!  Tiger
Reply/Quote
(12-31-2016, 11:57 PM)guyofthetiger Wrote: Bengals win this game after all 23-22 in a close one.

In his post game presser, John Harbaugh states "Well we lost the game, but at least we held AJ Green off the stat sheet this time".
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Westerman is inactive? What's wrong with this kid? The o-line has been a mess all year, now injuries hit and he still can't get on the field, but the guy that's been on the PS for 2 years is called up and activated in 1 day.
Reply/Quote
(01-01-2017, 01:48 PM)Yojimbo Wrote: Westerman is inactive? What's wrong with this kid? The o-line has been a mess all year, now injuries hit and he still can't get on the field, but the guy that's been on the PS for 2 years is called up and activated in 1 day.

Pretty telling, isn't it.  I wonder if they felt all along that Hopkins was closer to ready but Westerman wouldn't clear waivers to reach the practice squad.

It's entirely possible that Westerman is prepared to play mentally, but needs that NFL offseason to finish getting his body physically prepared.
Reply/Quote
(01-01-2017, 02:14 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: Pretty telling, isn't it.  I wonder if they felt all along that Hopkins was closer to ready but Westerman wouldn't clear waivers to reach the practice squad.

It's entirely possible that Westerman is prepared to play mentally, but needs that NFL offseason to finish getting his body physically prepared.

Or.....

Per Bengals.com:

The Bengals opted to go with seven offensive linemen instead of eight and after Hopkins was promoted from the practice squad on Saturday they opted for his guard-tackle-center flexibility.
Reply/Quote
It would have been nice to get a look at Westerman
Reply/Quote
(01-01-2017, 02:18 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: Or.....

Per Bengals.com:

The Bengals opted to go with seven offensive linemen instead of eight and after Hopkins was promoted from the practice squad on Saturday they opted for his guard-tackle-center flexibility.

This makes sense to me, despite wanting to see Westerman too. Guess the Bengals don't want to turn this into a full-blown preseason game.
Some say you can place your ear next to his, and hear the ocean ....

[Image: 6QSgU8D.gif?1]
Reply/Quote
(01-01-2017, 02:26 PM)masonbengals fan Wrote: It would have been nice to get a look at Westerman

True, but with 2 tackles and a guard all 60 minutes from FA, it is probably more important to see where Hopkins is best suited if there is any thought that he is in the future plans.
Reply/Quote
Uniform junkie time:

The Bengals will be wearing their black pants for an unprecedented 7th time this season. For the past several years, the black pants have only been worn 4 times per season (twice at home and twice on the road). The bengals haven't had this much uniform variation since the 2005 season. It's about time
Reply/Quote
(01-01-2017, 02:14 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: Pretty telling, isn't it.  I wonder if they felt all along that Hopkins was closer to ready but Westerman wouldn't clear waivers to reach the practice squad.

Westerman was active last week, but I think that was the only time all year.
Reply/Quote
(01-01-2017, 02:39 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: Westerman was active last week, but I think that was the only time all year.

Yup.

Bengals.com set me straight, it was about multi-position flexibility.
Reply/Quote
(01-01-2017, 02:39 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: Westerman was active last week, but I think that was the only time all year.

Yet, he'll get a huge opportunity to replace Zeitler next year.  Whatever
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(01-01-2017, 02:36 PM)Pat5775 Wrote: Uniform junkie time:

The Bengals will be wearing their black pants for an unprecedented 7th time this season. For the past several years, the black pants have only been worn 4 times per season (twice at home and twice on the road). The bengals haven't had this much uniform variation since the 2005 season. It's about time

Since we failed to make the post-season for the first time in the Green-Dalton era, I completely disagree that it is about time we wore the black pants this much.

New rule, no more than 4 times per season!
Reply/Quote
Stream my brothers?
Reply/Quote
(01-01-2017, 02:46 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: Since we failed to make the post-season for the first time in the Green-Dalton era, I completely disagree that it is about time we wore the black pants this much.

New rule, no more than 4 times per season!

We haven't won a playoff game with 4 black pant games eithe... Maybe 3 is the magic number?? (Once black on black, once white on black and once orange on black)
Reply/Quote
(01-01-2017, 02:54 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Stream my brothers?

Just google "reddit nfl streams" several to choose from
Reply/Quote
(01-01-2017, 02:54 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Stream my brothers?

Try this one Nate.
Reply/Quote
Geno came to play.

Hopefully the other 45 guys did as well
Reply/Quote