Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
***Week 16 GameDay Thread - Bengals @ Texans***
(12-27-2020, 07:04 PM)michaelsean Wrote: I get the rule but it never hid the ground. So why isn’t it a really weird lateral?

Did it go forward or backwards? I think that matters as far as "advancing" the ball. 

Maybe?

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(12-27-2020, 07:09 PM)Destro Wrote: It went forward, so not a lateral, and a fumble need not hit the ground. Pretty much, a ball carrier must maintain control for the ball to be advanced. It is one of those "only on fourth down rules" but it is written to prevent someone from just fake fumbling to prevent a tackle to get a teammate to pick it up and get a first. Actually, exactly what we just saw. 

(12-27-2020, 07:14 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Did it go forward or backwards? I think that matters as far as "advancing" the ball. 

Maybe?

And there ya go.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(12-27-2020, 07:08 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Allen could be the opening game starter though depending on Burrow’s recovery time.

Him and his agent know that. That may mean the Bengals will have to overpay to keep someone who knows this "system," until Burrow is back. Mike Brown may or may not pay for that. 

I'm not saying Allen has now positioned himself to be the next starting franchise QB in the NFL, but I think he is looking like at least one of top 32 backups in the league, and that is all you need to be. He was PS before and now has started and won...with the Bengals! Yeah, there's a draft in the fall, but between retirements and players cut, Allen has a place. Cincy would be good, but have to see what the pay rate is. For example, I'd rather be sitting behind Matt Ryan, Tom Brady, Alex Smith or Phillip Rivers next year. 
Reply/Quote
(12-27-2020, 07:12 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: It could be lip service, but Allen just said on the post game show that he "loves it here". 

Yeah, but to be fair, I never take much into those. Rare is the player who says, "This place stinks and I can't wait to get away." That's usually reserved for diva players on a social media site.  Quarterback skills also include avoiding the pass under the bus.
Reply/Quote
(12-27-2020, 07:23 PM)Destro Wrote: Yeah, but to be fair, I never take much into those. Rare is the player who says, "This place stinks and I can't wait to get away." That's usually reserved for diva players on a social media site.  Quarterback skills also include avoiding the pass under the bus.

True. But sometimes saying nothing at all says it all. No need to say, and unlikely you'd ever hear it, you don't like it, especially since it's easier to just talk about the game and teammates, while not even commenting on your own happiness "being here". 

But, i do agree about not looking too much into it. 

So much easier to decipher comments in hindsight, rather than heat of the moment.  

Reply/Quote
(12-27-2020, 07:35 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: True. But sometimes saying nothing at all says it all. No need to say, and unlikely you'd ever hear it, you don't like it, especially since it's easier to just talk about the game and teammates, while not even commenting on your own happiness "being here". 

But, i do agree about not looking too much into it. 

So much easier to decipher comments in hindsight, rather than heat of the moment.  

Yeah, I would much rather have him here than not. Then never see him ever again because Burrow is playing and playing great. Call me jaded, but I can see the Bengals messing it up. 
Reply/Quote
Youre gonna have a hard time justifying Nance only getting 17 MPG
-Housh
Reply/Quote
Play the game then boys!!!!

Garland great pass!!
-Housh
Reply/Quote