Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
***Week 17 GameDay Thread - Ravens @ Bengals***
(01-03-2021, 06:27 PM)CorpusChristiBengal Wrote: What if ZT is a Hue Jackson style sitting tank duck?

I've read this sentence 6 times and I still don't get it.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Hmm, wonder if the model model has now changed to tank by getting horrible coaching like Cleveland, and eventually you can build a strong playoff team. Alas, Cleveland had a true GM running their team, so that's where the paths diverge. Just like that's where the path diverged from model model. Along with investing in scouts. Now if we start trading our good players for draft picks, then I'll know something's up.
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2021, 06:31 PM)Nately120 Wrote: I've read this sentence 6 times and I still don't get it.

I think it means use Zac to keep getting high draft picks to build up your team through tanking, kinda like Cleveland did with Hue.
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2021, 06:13 PM)CorpusChristiBengal Wrote: I hate that I love this team. I have tried to "switch" allegiances but I don’t have the emotional investment for any other.

This is true for many of us. So frustrated, deflated, depressed, etc. Yet, the excitement of watching this team is climactic. Welcome to the Jungle blaring (pregame of course), friends, food and good beverages. As we reached a point this year when we were eliminated early, every loss was less painful due to a higher draft pic. But then we beat Pittsburgh, the light was bright again. Then we beat Houston, and that was pretty satisfying. 

We came against the Ravens this week and hopes were high to win again. Knock those bastards out of the playoffs. Well, Many of us are back to frustrated, deflated, depressed, etc.

We are going to get a better draft pick than if we won? Ugh, sucks to think this way. 

Reply/Quote
(01-03-2021, 06:31 PM)Nately120 Wrote: I've read this sentence 6 times and I still don't get it.

You know. Be a scapegoat in headlights.
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2021, 06:36 PM)masterpanthera_t Wrote: I think it means use Zac to keep getting high draft picks to build up your team through tanking, kinda like Cleveland did with Hue.

Ah, well that would have made more sense if we traded the Burrow pick for a bunch of picks first.  Wasting 2+ years of Burrow's rookie contract trying to lose seems pretty dumb.
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2021, 05:25 PM)Timanky12 Wrote: Maybe ZT can get a job coaching peewee football.

He already has a job coaching peewee football. 
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2021, 06:39 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Ah, well that would have made more sense if we traded the Burrow pick for a bunch of picks first.  Wasting 2+ years of Burrow's rookie contract trying to lose seems pretty dumb.

I certainly wouldn't recommend it.
Reply/Quote
Watching the Titans Texans game just made me realize we are in the wrong division.

We defeated 3 of the 4 teams, and the lone loss came after blowing a considerable first half lead...
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2021, 06:39 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Ah, well that would have made more sense if we traded the Burrow pick for a bunch of picks first.  Wasting 2+ years of Burrow's rookie contract trying to lose seems pretty dumb.

I honestly don’t think Joe Burrow will remain in Cincinnati after his rookie contract.
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2021, 07:08 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: I honestly don’t think Joe Burrow will remain in Cincinnati after his rookie contract.

Time will tell, but we make Burrow out to be this guy who will snort razorblades to win but we also expect him to be elated to play for a franchise that is so damn committed to winning being a happy accident. 
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2021, 07:11 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Time will tell, but we make Burrow out to be this guy who will snort razorblades to win but we also expect him to be elated to play for a franchise that is so damn committed to winning being a happy accident. 

Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked 

Of all the PEDs out there, THAT'S WHAT HE'S BEING OFFERED?!?!?
Reply/Quote