Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rickey Dixon story on ESPN
http://www.espn.com/espn/feature/story/_/page/enterpriseNFLWives/wives-former-nfl-players-left-navigate-concussion-settlement

Sad to see this to anyone. I had no idea Rickey Dixon was suffering from this horrible disease.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Wow
Reply/Quote
Watched a portion of this. Terribly sad thing to see. His family is really behind him though.
Reply/Quote
I'm not saying it to be the anti-steeler dick I usually am, but I can't imagine Troy Polumalu being able to find his way home in a few years. I saw that guy concussed numerous times myself...and I only watched him a small fraction of his games. Always led with his head. An amazing player, no doubt, but I really worry what he will be dealing with in a few years.
Reply/Quote
This kind of ties into how what many believe (myself included) the NFL does to keep the big fan bases happy, the big market teams constantly in the win column. Imagine if they would intentionally mislead players about the dangers to their brains and then fight it tooth and nail just how far they'll go to keep the big market teams constantly on top of the standings..
Mrs Dixon is right about the root of the evil. It's the money and the league is no different. 
I truly wish Ricky a peaceful end.
My doctor had once thought I had ALS..It turned out ok even though doctors have never figured out what went wrong. Still, it scares the bejesus out of me..
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote