Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dalton Vs Stafford
Dalton doesn't have 8 games a year in a dome either.
Reply/Quote
(08-29-2017, 09:41 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: I don't know if I would call Stafford more talented, either.  He may have a stronger arm, but he sure can't run like Dalton and remember that catch Dalton made for a TD?  That was pretty f'n athletic.  I don't think he gets the credit he deserves because he is kind of a B+ at everything....Like Cam might throw the prettiest ball, but has no idea where it is going.  Dalton is good at everything.  

I have said it once, I have said it a hundred times:  When Dalton is kept clean, he picks ANY team apart.  Tom Brady is ALWAYS kept clean.  Dalton is kept clean some of the time, and is pretty damn good.  

I think i am more talking about the arm for sure cause you bring up a lot of great examples as why Dalton is very underrated.

Stafford's big arm, side arm and such were pretty amazing back in the day and not many QB's ever had these talents.

Dalton according to the stats is the best Post passing QB in the game and like you said is very athletic. Fastest release etc.

He does it all and like you said is pretty damn good. Definately top 10 after last season. He was definately top 5 in 2015.

He will be back there again this year i am sure.

Just don't throw those sideline passes on those outs man. Hargeaves got Dalton the first game, Burfict got Cousins the last one.

Dangerous throws.
Reply/Quote
(08-29-2017, 10:30 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: I think i am more talking about the arm for sure cause you bring up a lot of great examples as why Dalton is very underrated.

Stafford's big arm, side arm and such were pretty amazing back in the day and not many QB's ever had these talents.

Dalton according to the stats is the best Post passing QB in the game and like you said is very athletic. Fastest release etc.

He does it all and like you said is pretty damn good. Definately top 10 after last season. He was definately top 5 in 2015.

He will be back there again this year i am sure.

Just don't throw those sideline passes on those outs man. Hargeaves got Dalton the first game, Burfict got Cousins the last one.

Dangerous throws.
Yeah, I don't like those quick shallow out routes we run at least 15 times a game. It does set up for a big play later but it also can put you down 6 in a heartbeat!
Reply/Quote
(08-30-2017, 12:00 PM)sandwedge Wrote: Yeah, I don't like those quick shallow out routes we run at least 15 times a game. It does set up for a big play later but it also can put you down 6 in a heartbeat!

For sure and the QB's sometimes just cannot see the cover guy. It is playing with fire.

Might be fun for a bit but eventually you are going to get burnt. Dalton is much better throwing posts over the middle, the best.

Then hand the ball off to Mixon baby. TE screen, RB screen to Mixon = BOOM TD

Next play deep to Ross, so many weapons to work with not even mentioning our two best guys in Green and Eifert when healthy.
Reply/Quote
An honest assessment between the 2. The only way I would take Stafford over Dalton is in really windy conditions where pure arm strength comes into play more
Reply/Quote
Stafford Does have one of my favorite plays though.... That fake Spike/ reach over the ol and break the plan for a TD was just brillant
Reply/Quote
Lest we forget that before Andy Carson Palmer pretty much got his "P6P" moniker from those very same sideline out routes.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-30-2017, 01:28 PM)Joelist Wrote: Lest we forget that before Andy Carson Palmer pretty much got his "P6P" moniker from those very same sideline out routes.

#9 was just 6 going the other way
Reply/Quote