Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Week 2 2009 Bengals vs Packers
(06-09-2017, 01:11 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: 2005- We picked off Favre 5 times and a fan stole the ball from him on the last drive.

2009- 5 sacks for Odom. He abused a backup lineman...I believe his name was Darren Colledge?

2013- Came back from being down 30-14 late in the 3rd, to win 34-30. GB ran for 182 yards, but Dalton (105.5 rating) outplayed Rodgers (64.5 rating) and Reggie Nelson had a 58 yard fumble return TD to put us ahead. What a game.

Pretty sure it was Terrance Newman.
Reply/Quote
(06-10-2017, 04:36 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: Pretty sure it was Terrance Newman.

You're right. For some reason PFR shows Nelson having a 58 yard TD in the scoring summary for that game, but the stats credit Newman.

Thanks for the correction. I have trouble remembering individual plays from random regular season games. 
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(06-11-2017, 12:32 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: You're right. For some reason PFR shows Nelson having a 58 yard TD in the scoring summary for that game, but the stats credit Newman.

Thanks for the correction. I have trouble remembering individual plays from random regular season games. 

I saw your comment before you deleted it, so I had to go back and look at the play again myself.

Reggie picks up the ball first and then fumbles it, so Newman picks up Reggies fumble and goes the distance. I had forgotten Reggie even touched the ball

Fun play :) haha
Reply/Quote
(06-11-2017, 12:38 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: I saw your comment before you deleted it, so I had to go back and look at the play again myself.

Reggie picks up the ball first and then fumbles it, so Newman picks up Reggies fumble and goes the distance. I had forgotten Reggie even touched the ball

Well I went and double-checked PFR and saw Reggie listed in the scoring summary, that's when I made my post...but then I checked the stat sheet and saw Newman with a 58 yard TD to his credit. That's when I changed my post. Now that you describe the play, I do remember that. 

I gotta say that's in my top 10 Bengals games I've seen. Definitely in the top 5 that were bad for my heart rate.  Mellow
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(06-11-2017, 12:38 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: I saw your comment before you deleted it, so I had to go back and look at the play again myself.

I remember that now!

It was like "YES!!!"   "NOOO!"  "YES, YES. YES!!!"
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(06-06-2017, 11:37 AM)packerbacker Wrote: Our boy Rodgers was sacked 5 times by Antuan Odom and sacked 6 times overall. You guys hung on to win 31-24 as we got down to the 10 yard line but a false start penalty with the 10 second runoff rule ran the clock out to end the game. Chad Johnson did the Lambeau leap and Benson ran all over us. You Bengal fans remember this game? We made a serious rally at the end trailing by 10 but not enough.

(06-06-2017, 12:09 PM)packerbacker Wrote: That was the game you guys went up 14-0 then we scored 30 unanswered points then you guys scored the final 20 points to win. I admit that was a tough loss for us lol.

Packers/Bengals games have to be the funnest games to watch. No bad blood, just football.

This years game should be a great one as well. Cannot wait and i love the summer. :andy:
Reply/Quote

Tough loss for us that day.
Reply/Quote
(06-11-2017, 01:03 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Well I went and double-checked PFR and saw Reggie listed in the scoring summary, that's when I made my post...but then I checked the stat sheet and saw Newman with a 58 yard TD to his credit. That's when I changed my post. Now that you describe the play, I do remember that. 

I gotta say that's in my top 10 Bengals games I've seen. Definitely in the top 5 that were bad for my heart rate.  Mellow

At least we lost to a classy team that day. Losing to the Bears or Vikings like that would be awful.
Reply/Quote
The Cardiac Cats in 2009. That crazy ending to the Packers game came one week affter what the Bengals suffered in Week 1 vs the Broncos with 27 seconds left...the tipped pass heard round the world. That was a crazy season.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(06-12-2017, 12:14 PM)ochocincos Wrote: The Cardiac Cats in 2009. That crazy ending to the Packers game came one week affter what the Bengals suffered in Week 1 vs the Broncos with 27 seconds left...the tipped pass heard round the world. That was a crazy season.

You guys are one of the only teams we don't mind losing to. Most GB fans like the Bengals or hope they do well.
Reply/Quote
(06-14-2017, 10:37 AM)packerbacker Wrote: You guys are one of the only teams we don't mind losing to. Most GB fans like the Bengals or hope they do well.

Hard to dislike the Packers. They're a historical franchise, they don't have any memorable scandals and their fans aren't d-bags. I am a little jealous of them getting Favre then Rodgers back to back. Many teams never get a QB of that caliber.
Reply/Quote
(06-14-2017, 10:37 AM)packerbacker Wrote: You guys are one of the only teams we don't mind losing to. Most GB fans like the Bengals or hope they do well.

Cool man, same to you guys, but i always mind losing to whoever it is.

(06-14-2017, 10:19 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Hard to dislike the Packers. They're a historical franchise, they don't have any memorable scandals and their fans aren't d-bags. I am a little jealous of them getting Favre then Rodgers back to back. Many teams never get a QB of that caliber.

Completely agree, in my opinion Packers and the Bengals have the best fans. Most are really respectful and classy.

There are always some nutjobs though, we got more than a few.

Rodgers is my favorite QB i have ever watched play, he just flicks the ball 50 yards effortlessly on a string. Beautiful.
Reply/Quote
(06-16-2017, 12:40 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Cool man, same to you guys, but i always mind losing to whoever it is.

Completely agree, in my opinion Packers and the Bengals have the best fans. Most are really respectful and classy.

There are always some nutjobs though, we got more than a few.

Rodgers is my favorite QB i have ever watched play, he just flicks the ball 50 yards effortlessly on a string. Beautiful.
I like Andy Dalton too, great QB and a class act as well.
Reply/Quote
(06-17-2017, 11:19 AM)packerbacker Wrote: I like Andy Dalton too, great QB and a class act as well.

Yeah, very proud of our QB, Dalton is as good of a man off the field as you will ever see.

Plus he is very underrated, very smart, accurate and has a lot stronger arm than people give him credit for.

If our O-line can hold up he could break some records this year with the weapons we have added.

But we also might run the ball much more this year with Mixon now in the fold.
Reply/Quote
(06-17-2017, 01:48 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Yeah, very proud of our QB, Dalton is as good of a man off the field as you will ever see.

Plus he is very underrated, very smart, accurate and has a lot stronger arm than people give him credit for.

If our O-line can hold up he could break some records this year with the weapons we have added.

But we also might run the ball much more this year with Mixon now in the fold.

AJ Green is awesome too! Hopefully he stays healthy and has a breakout year.
Reply/Quote
(06-17-2017, 03:51 PM)packerbacker Wrote: AJ Green is awesome too! Hopefully he stays healthy and has a breakout year.

Staying healthy is everything with AJ, last year he was just as good as Julio Jones before the injury.

In camp everyone is saying he looks better than ever and is in his prime. Got clocked at 23 MPH on one route.
Reply/Quote
(06-17-2017, 04:20 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Staying healthy is everything with AJ, last year he was just as good as Julio Jones before the injury.

In camp everyone is saying he looks better than ever and is in his prime. Got clocked at 23 MPH on one route.

Eiffert is really good too. How are the rookies looking so far?
Reply/Quote
(06-18-2017, 01:24 AM)packerbacker Wrote: Eiffert is really good too. How are the rookies looking so far?

John Ross has been taking it pretty easy with the shoulder but he should be 100% come Training Camp, with this guys
speed opposite of AJ Green and Eifert and Boyd in the middle we could have a lethal passing game if Dalton has time.

Mixon has done nothing but impress. A rookie that has really stood out so far is Carl Lawson the LB/DE pass rusher we
got from Auburn in the 4th round. Dude is relentless and smart. Could be a major steal.

What did your draft look like BTW?
Reply/Quote
(06-21-2017, 01:02 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: John Ross has been taking it pretty easy with the shoulder but he should be 100% come Training Camp, with this guys
speed opposite of AJ Green and Eifert and Boyd in the middle we could have a lethal passing game if Dalton has time.

Mixon has done nothing but impress. A rookie that has really stood out so far is Carl Lawson the LB/DE pass rusher we
got from Auburn in the 4th round. Dude is relentless and smart. Could be a major steal.

What did your draft look like BTW?

We got three running backs in the draft, two WR's, CB, Safety, DT, Linebacker and an offensive tackle. I think it was a great draft IMO. I'm not sure if our defense has what it takes to win it all though.
Reply/Quote
(06-21-2017, 04:34 PM)packerbacker Wrote: We got three running backs in the draft, two WR's, CB, Safety, DT, Linebacker and an offensive tackle. I think it was a great draft IMO. I'm not sure if our defense has what it takes to win it all though.

Give me some names Packerbacker please. I bet i know about most of them. Cool
Reply/Quote