Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Am I The Only One Worried About Our O-Line?
Definitely still worried, yet I know 7 sacks won't likely happen again any time soon. The Jets have one of the most dominant front 4's in football and we were working in a new RT. Still there's no excuse for a solid line full of high draft choices to give up 7 freaking sacks. Hell, people practically shed tears for Palmer in 2008 and he was only sacked 11 times in 4 complete starts. Maybe if Dalton had a bloody nose, people would be more worried?

So yeah, while I don't see 7 sacks happening again, I'm still worried our pass pro - and just as importantly - our run blocking could take a step back if Ogbuehi and Bodine don't step up. Zeitler too, although it's hard to judge him right now.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
Dalton needs to get rid of the ball quickly. They will be blitzing. Who ever is at slot need to be ready for this game.
Reply/Quote
(09-17-2016, 09:57 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: Our offensive line looked like swiss cheese in week 1 against the Jets and looked like they couldn't block anything.

Bodine looked about as effective as I would at blocking in my wheelchair and the right side of our line looked especially weak.

We can't do anything if our line can't block and our season will go in the shitter real quick.

However, the Jets to have one of the better front sevens on defense in the NFL, so was it just that they were that good, or is our offensive line that bad?

I'm worried going into tomorrow just because it's the Steelers so you know that they'll get after Andy and be strong against the run, even if their D isn't the strongest this year.

Our OLine doesn't have many bad games but when they do, they seem to be pretty good at bouncing back the next week.  If it happens again this week, then yes, I'll be worried.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
If it GETS and ENDS Ugly (lopsided penalties, personal after whistle fouls on Bengals responding to Steeler goading, dirty play resulting in key injuries on the Bengals side), this place will be a 'rightfully' ugly place to be!!

Got my color rush #18 on, along with my Bengals sideline cap, will have Hoard and Lap on the laptop, sync the DVR with them, so I don't have to listen to TV commentary, and ready to root as best as I can.

Still hoping to dance naked in the family room after a W!!
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2016, 12:30 PM)bengalguy71 Wrote: If it GETS and ENDS Ugly (lopsided penalties, personal after whistle fouls on Bengals responding to Steeler goading, dirty play resulting in key injuries on the Bengals side), this place will be a 'rightfully' ugly place to be!!

Got my color rush #18 on, along with my Bengals sideline cap, will have Hoard and Lap on the laptop, sync the DVR with them, so I don't have to listen to TV commentary, and ready to root as best as I can.

Still hoping to dance naked in the family room after a W!!

So, your family's rooting for a loss?
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

Reply/Quote
(09-18-2016, 12:36 PM)McC Wrote: So, your family's rooting for a loss?

Hilarious   NO!!!!  They have made outdoor plans immediately after the game!!!   Wink
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2016, 12:42 PM)bengalguy71 Wrote: Hilarious   NO!!!!  They have made outdoor plans immediately after the game!!!   Wink

They learned the first time, huh?

Reply/Quote
(09-18-2016, 12:47 PM)McC Wrote: They learned the first time, huh?

That's probably why the wife prefers the lights be out during times of intimacy, and my 23 year old son would be horrified!!  Shocked
Reply/Quote
I have to go to a kids 1st birthday party here soon, so I will be going into media blackout until I can get home and watch it on DVR.... I hate that, but it's better than listening on the radio
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2016, 12:52 PM)Sled21 Wrote: I have to go to a kids 1st birthday party here soon, so I will be going into media blackout until I can get home and watch it on DVR.... I hate that, but it's better than listening on the radio

You can't stream in on your phone somehow?  One good thing about DTV, I can do that for any game.
Reply/Quote
Dan Hoard just asked Paul Alexander, on 700 WLW, about problems with the line and giving up 7 sacks in week 1.....Alexander said, "You know when we look up at the board today it will say 60:00 and 0-0, what happened last week has nothing to do with it."

Wuuuutttttt?!?!?! Really, such a Marv staff answer!

Zero accountability!!
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2016, 12:52 PM)Sled21 Wrote: I have to go to a kids 1st birthday party here soon, so I will be going into media blackout until I can get home and watch it on DVR.... I hate that, but it's better than listening on the radio

Send a present.  When the kid grows up, tell them you were there.

Reply/Quote
(09-18-2016, 01:13 PM)ShowMeUrTDs Wrote: Dan Hoard just asked Paul Alexander, on 700 WLW, about problems with the line and giving up 7 sacks in week 1.....Alexander said, "You know when we look up at the board today it will say 60:00 and 0-0, what happened last week has nothing to do with it."

Zero accountability!!

Paul Alexander is the NFL equivalent of Baghdad Bob.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2016, 01:13 PM)ShowMeUrTDs Wrote: Dan Hoard just asked Paul Alexander, on 700 WLW, about problems with the line and giving up 7 sacks in week 1.....Alexander said, "You know when we look up at the board today it will say 60:00 and 0-0, what happened last week has nothing to do with it."

Zero accountability!!

Guess he can just repeat that line next Sunday too.  Whatever
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
I can remember the experts calling our O-Line one of the best in the game in recent season... at the time I thought it must've been a joke.

They aren't horrible but they certainly aren't dominant. If you have a dominant O-Line, it almost doesnt matter who plays RB, and you don't see the QB running for his life during games. We've got a solid line who are playing below themselves so far this season, but by no means one of the best.
Reply/Quote