Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
*Week 2: Bengals @ Steelers Prediction Thread *
(09-13-2016, 10:52 AM)StoneTheCrow Wrote: God Jesus just once can we lay down a thorough ass whippin on these a-holes in front of their fans? Doubtful. But I'd rejoice.

I will dance naked in the living room if this happens .................. hopefully my wife and son won't be in attendance to watch such a disgusting event!!  Say What

(Odds are it won't happen anyway, but would love to be wrong)
Reply/Quote
(09-13-2016, 09:54 AM)GodFather Wrote: I predict we are all going to be extremely pissy Sunday. You know the cheap shots are going to be out of control with Pittsburgh without Burfict there to keep them in check!

Preferential treatment continues and the refs will look the other way for Pittsburgh and, maybe more than once, players, for the Bengals, will get personal fouls for responding to taunting, and even may get ejected.
Reply/Quote
I hate to say it but 41-31 Steelers (maybe 38-17 Steelers). Our O-Line looked atrocious vs the Jets. They will double AJ and give safety help over the top on him. No Tyler means that Boyd and Lafell will have to win it for us. Ask yourself, do you have confidence in them to do that? I don't foresee our secondary giving up the home run but I do see a lot of short and crossing passes with convoys out in front making a 2-3 yard pass turn into 15-25 yard gains for them. Their running game is no joke. The Bengals looked like they couldn't stop the run in game one.

It's early so if the Bengals are going to win one vs the Steelers it's USUALLY in Pitt, this year it may have to be in PBS.
Reply/Quote
If our offensive and defensive lines play like they did Sunday we'll get a drubbing.   Pittsburgh has a good offensive and defensive line now and their linebackers are better than the Jets'.  If we give Ben the time we gave Fitzy he'll destroy us.

We're going to have to look a lot better than last week to win this one. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-13-2016, 02:18 PM)3wt Wrote: If our offensive and defensive lines play like they did Sunday we'll get a drubbing.   Pittsburgh has a good offensive and defensive line now and their linebackers are better than the Jets'.  If we give Ben the time we gave Fitzy he'll destroy us.

We're going to have to look a lot better than last week to win this one. 

You think Pitt's Offensive and Defensive lines are better than the Jets?

I don't, Heyward is good on their DL but DeCastro is the only really good player on the Steelers OL IMO.

I doubt Ben will have as much time as we gave Fitzy. Geno seems to always get after him.

I agree that the Steelers have better Linebackers than the Jets though.

But their Secondary is much worse. We should be able to throw and run much better on them than the Jets.
Reply/Quote
Bengals 28

Steelers 24
Reply/Quote
I predict a win. I don't care by how much.
[Image: s4ed9rgnqb251.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(09-13-2016, 02:34 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: You think Pitt's Offensive and Defensive lines are better than the Jets?

I don't, Heyward is good on their DL but DeCastro is the only really good player on the Steelers OL IMO.

I doubt Ben will have as much time as we gave Fitzy. Geno seems to always get after him.

But their Secondary is much worse. We should be able to throw and run much better on them than the Jets.

Pouncey.
Formerly w8ing 4 '08
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
Bengals 24 - Steelers 17
Reply/Quote
(09-13-2016, 02:34 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: You think Pitt's Offensive and Defensive lines are better than the Jets?

I don't think Pittsburgh's D-line is better than the Jets.  But their front 7 limited Washington to 50 yards rushing and they routinely shut our running game down.  I think Pittsburgh's O-line is underrated.  Though he's a turd who pulls the hair of players running out of bounds their o-line coach has turned this into a good unit.

Hopefully Ced continues to grow and meshes with Zeitler.   I am not optimistic about Bodine.  This is his 3rd year and he's a virtual turnstile up front.

Geno was neutralized for much of the game Sunday and our next best DT was Hunt.  A sad state of affairs.  The jets gashed us for all sorts of rushing yards.  We literally could not stop them. 

Hopefully we make the needed adjustments for the Steelers' game. 
Reply/Quote
(09-13-2016, 02:44 PM)PlayerFormerlyKnownAsMousecop Wrote: Pouncey.

Yeah, he is good no doubt but i like Geno to win that matchup all day.
Reply/Quote
& Carlos should be In for a better day also. I'm thinking we will see better line play on both sides of the ball.
Reply/Quote
(09-13-2016, 02:51 PM)3wt Wrote: I don't think Pittsburgh's D-line is better than the Jets.  But their front 7 limited Washington to 50 yards rushing and they routinely shut our running game down.  I think Pittsburgh's O-line is underrated.  Though he's a turd who pulls the hair of players running out of bounds their o-line coach has turned this into a good unit.

Hopefully Ced continues to grow and meshes with Zeitler.   I am not optimistic about Bodine.  This is his 3rd year and he's a virtual turnstile up front.

Geno was neutralized for much of the game Sunday and our next best DT was Hunt.  A sad state of affairs.  The jets gashed us for all sorts of rushing yards.  We literally could not stop them. 

Hopefully we make the needed adjustments for the Steelers' game. 

Pitt is usually good at stopping the run but we just have to keep them honest with it. Our passing game should
light that Defense up. Gio out of the backfield with Green, Lafell, Boyd and Uzomah will be tough for them to stop.

I agree on Bodine, Ced should only get better though.

I believe that was more of our scheme in order to slow down the Jets passing game by giving up some yards in
the running game. Bend but don't break scheme and it worked in the end. We have really given the Steelers
troubles in the passing game lately, more so than about anyone. If this continues we could honestly win in a
blow out cause i think we can definately pass the ball on these guys.

They might be able to run on us but if we are scoring TD's while they are kicking FG's we win this game no prob.
Reply/Quote
(09-13-2016, 02:56 PM)masonbengals fan Wrote: & Carlos should be In for a better day also. I'm thinking we will see better line play on both sides of the ball.

For sure MBF.
Reply/Quote
Hunt Smash...
Reply/Quote
I watched the game last night and the Redskins had plenty of opportunities, and wiffed.

Kirk Cousins missed so many open guys. He looked like Rookie Andy Dalton out there.. high throws low throws crazy out of bounds throws. He made Pitt D looks good.

Early in the game the Redskins D had a fairly ferocious pass rush, they got to Ben and made him fumble on his own 15, but somehow didn't get it when clearly could have.

Pitt really took over the time of possession in the 2nd quarter and third. They continually converted 3rd and short and 4th and short, tiring Redskins D. Also they had the worst corner ever on Brown.

So IMO, our offense will have plenty of opportunities to score, and Good Andy (remember good/bad Andy) will show up and take advantage.

As for defense, we need to make some short yardage stops, we can't let them convert on 3rd and 1 sort of situations. Can't let our defense get winded. Time of possession will be a major factor in this game.

Still sticking with my 23-17 prediction, these Pitt games are always close.
Reply/Quote
(09-13-2016, 03:23 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: I watched the game last night and the Redskins had plenty of opportunities, and wiffed.

Kirk Cousins missed so many open guys. He looked like Rookie Andy Dalton out there.. high throws low throws crazy out of bounds throws. He made Pitt D looks good.

Early in the game the Redskins D had a fairly ferocious pass rush, they got to Ben and made him fumble on his own 15, but somehow didn't get it when clearly could have.

Pitt really took over the time of possession in the 2nd quarter and third. They continually converted 3rd and short and 4th and short, tiring Redskins D. Also they had the worst corner ever on Brown.

So IMO, our offense will have plenty of opportunities to score, and Good Andy (remember good/bad Andy) will show up and take advantage.

As for defense, we need to make some short yardage stops, we can't let them convert on 3rd and 1 sort of situations. Can't let our defense get winded. Time of possession will be a major factor in this game.

Cousins throws and decision making last night were both pretty bad. Also Pitt got away with an insane amount of holds last night, not that it will change next week. No reason the bengals can't win this one 
Reply/Quote
(09-13-2016, 03:23 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: I watched the game last night and the Redskins had plenty of opportunities, and wiffed.

Maybe without Burfict it will be closer than i am starting to lean. We always think it is going to be a high scoring
game with these Offenses and then the Defenses both show up. I just don't think Pitt's Secondary can hold up for
too much longer against our guys if Dalton has some time.

The Jets game made me have so much more confidence in our QB and i think both lines will play much better in
Pittsburgh. We will see but the more i study up on these two teams again i think we win going away.

Bottomline is our Secondary is much better than theirs. The trenches will battle as always and there will be a lot
of questionable stuff going on, the refs will help the Steelers, we might lose it a couple times and let it get to us,
dirty hits mostly from their side...etc.

You are probably right it will be close and might not be as high scoring as i first thought.

Still stick to my prediction of a 35-31 Bengals win.
Reply/Quote
(09-13-2016, 03:29 PM)leonardfan40 Wrote: Cousins throws and decision making last night were both pretty bad. Also Pitt got away with an insane amount of holds last night, not that it will change next week. No reason the bengals can't win this one 

Pittsburgh literally had everything bounce in their direction.
Their luck won't stay that way (unless the refs have something to say about it).

Unfortunately, I predict the Steelers over Bengals 31-21.
They haven't had one of their signature key injuries yet and the Bengals will be playing without Burfict and likely Eifert.

I think the Bengals will get the best of the Steelers toward the end of the season.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(09-13-2016, 03:29 PM)leonardfan40 Wrote: Cousins throws and decision making last night were both pretty bad. Also Pitt got away with an insane amount of holds last night, not that it will change next week. No reason the bengals can't win this one 

Ya Kerrigan was getting MUGGED the play he forced the fumble.... If Antonia keeps playing grab a** with the refs, I feel all the calls will go their way. He pushed off on almost all of his big plays. If we complain we will just be "whiners" though. Typical Bengal life.
Reply/Quote