Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
*Week 2: Bengals @ Steelers Prediction Thread *
(09-13-2016, 03:23 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: I watched the game last night and the Redskins had plenty of opportunities, and wiffed.

Kirk Cousins missed so many open guys. He looked like Rookie Andy Dalton out there.. high throws low throws crazy out of bounds throws. He made Pitt D looks good.

Early in the game the Redskins D had a fairly ferocious pass rush, they got to Ben and made him fumble on his own 15, but somehow didn't get it when clearly could have.

Pitt really took over the time of possession in the 2nd quarter and third. They continually converted 3rd and short and 4th and short, tiring Redskins D. Also they had the worst corner ever on Brown.

So IMO, our offense will have plenty of opportunities to score, and Good Andy (remember good/bad Andy) will show up and take advantage.

As for defense, we need to make some short yardage stops, we can't let them convert on 3rd and 1 sort of situations. Can't let our defense get winded. Time of possession will be a major factor in this game.

Still sticking with my 23-17 prediction, these Pitt games are always close.

Washington couldn't adjust when Pitt went into a hurry up.
[Image: s4ed9rgnqb251.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Another one pointer maybe...Bengals 31-30
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I'll predict the line will play much better but the secondary makes some mistakes that have us screaming. They still manage to sack Ben 3 times and Andy has another good game. Eh why not, lets say Hill gets the go ahead TD as he hands the ball to the ref and the D makes a big stand late.

Bengals 31
Steelers 27
Reply/Quote
(09-13-2016, 12:43 AM)treee Wrote: I predict the Steelers get at away with at least 1 flagrant personal foul. I also predict the Bengals will get one very controversial personal foul. And finally I predict that Whitworth and Atkins are gonna send some squeelers home crying.

I predict the Stoolers will intentionally maim AJ Green at the start of the game. No need for me to elaborate.
Reply/Quote
(09-13-2016, 03:42 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: Ya Kerrigan was getting MUGGED the play he forced the fumble.... If Antonia keeps playing grab a** with the refs, I feel all the calls will go their way. He pushed off on almost all of his big plays. If we complain we will just be "whiners" though. Typical Bengal life.

I know it is really hard when you think the refs aren't seeing stuff.  But complaining is just the wrong way to go.  It irritates the refs and lets the other team know they're in your heads.

I really hope we can change one of the few areas of our team culture that hurts us.  Other than that we have an awesome team culture.
Reply/Quote
(09-13-2016, 04:06 PM)3wt Wrote: I know it is really hard when you think the refs aren't seeing stuff.  But complaining is just the wrong way to go.  It irritates the refs and lets the other team know they're in your heads.

I really hope we can change one of the few areas of our team culture that hurts us.  Other than that we have an awesome team culture.

I disagree. Breeland should have complained last night. He should have called for pushoffs. He just sat there like a deer in the headlights. Pacman would be in that refs ear, and for good reason. It gets viewed as whiney but the average fan but DBs need to do that stuff sometimes.
Reply/Quote
Hate to pick against us, but hard to see us winning this one.

Pitt wins 31-24
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

Reply/Quote
Bengals 50 Steelers 0

[Image: 856032de870dfd1e3965bc6323be2984]
Reply/Quote
(09-13-2016, 04:12 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: I disagree. Breeland should have complained last night. He should have called for pushoffs. He just sat there like a deer in the headlights. Pacman would be in that refs ear, and for good reason. It gets viewed as whiney but the average fan but DBs need to do that stuff sometimes.

You are right.  Sometimes the DB needs to call the ref's attention to something he is missing.  The rest of the time just get up and move on...  and look for the opportunity to make a legal payback.  That's what gets in the other team's head.
Reply/Quote
(09-13-2016, 01:18 AM)Brownshoe Wrote: Bengals win 27-23

That is my score as well, but it could go wither way.  I'll home out and go with Andy being pissed off about missing the PO game and AJ continuing his dominance in a career year. 

Reply/Quote
(09-13-2016, 01:27 PM)bengalguy71 Wrote: Preferential treatment continues and the refs will look the other way for Pittsburgh and, maybe more than once, players, for the Bengals, will get personal fouls for responding to taunting, and even may get ejected.

Making it all the more maddening!
Reply/Quote
Bengals 27 Steelers 21 Game sealed but a INT with less than 1 min to go. (again)
Reply/Quote
(09-13-2016, 04:49 PM)3wt Wrote: You are right.  Sometimes the DB needs to call the ref's attention to something he is missing.  The rest of the time just get up and move on...  and look for the opportunity to make a legal payback.  That's what gets in the other team's head.

Agreed, there is a fine line between alterting the refs and complaining. Pacman sometimes crosses that line lol.
Reply/Quote
The stoolers are nowhere near as good as the skins made them look, and we're not as bad as the jets line play made us look.

Bengals in another squeaker - and I also fully expect a cheap shot on AD#14

Bengals 28
stoolers 25
Reply/Quote
If we stop the run: Who Deyers: by 10
If we don't stop the run: Stool Pidgens by 10
Reply/Quote
J35-17
Reply/Quote
Two things have to happen for a victory:

1. Bodine has to learn how to play center at an NFL level.

2. We can't let Williams run all over us !

If these two things happen we have a good chance.

Bengals 27
Steelers 20

If they don't happen

Bengals 16
Steelers 37
Reply/Quote
[Image: clubber-lang-pain.png?w=470]

Bengals - 31
PIT - 26
Reply/Quote
Where do people see the steelers getting offense from? They have no offensive threat besides ab
Reply/Quote
(09-14-2016, 05:37 AM)Jpoore Wrote: Where do people see the steelers getting offense from? They have no offensive threat besides ab

DeAngelo Williams just had a 143 yards/2 TD game Monday night. 

Considering how much trouble Forte gave us, it could be a problem. 

Reply/Quote