Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 2.25 Average
***Week 2 GameDay Thread - Bengals @ Browns***
(09-18-2020, 09:27 AM)WychesWarrior Wrote: They played a big part in it.....but there is NO WAY you can say that the offensive line didn't limit our chances on offense. Our defense makes a goal line stand, and what do we do? Get our QB drilled in the mouth and a fumble inside the 1. Settled for FGs when we should've scored a couple times, Boyd's drop notwithstanding. I'm sure you saw the constant ticker at the bottom showing the number of dropbacks and hurries/hits/sacks. It wasn't pretty. If we could've gone down field in the passing game, our last drive likely doesn't take, what, four minutes? Five or whatever it was? We get chunk plays and score quicker, maybe the defense is irrelevant. 

The OL wasn’t good by any means, but you score 30 points against the Browns you should win the game. If they had played better we probably could have hit some deeper stuff, but I’m pining this one squarely on the defense. That final Browns drive where they went down the field in 2-3 plays for a TD without throwing once was as embarrassing as anything I’ve seen out of this team in recent years.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(09-18-2020, 11:24 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: The OL wasn’t good by any means, but you score 30 points against the Browns you should win the game. If they had played better we probably could have hit some deeper stuff, but I’m pining this one squarely on the defense. That final Browns drive where they went down the field in 2-3 plays for a TD without throwing once was as embarrassing as anything I’ve seen out of this team in recent years.

Yes, overall, they were bad. They were also gassed on that last drive. They did, however, make a huge stand, got an INT, and made another 4th down stop IIRC. The offense couldn't capitalize the way they should have, and gave the ball right back in one instance. Put it this way....without some maximum effort from our skill position guys on a couple plays, and Burrow's ability to block out the negatives and keep on grinding.... that's easily a 35-10 kinda game due to the sheer ineptitude up front. I'm no expert by any means, but I've played on some Little League olines that could play better than these guys. The most concerning thing? As bad as Fred Johnson looked out there last night, that must mean Price is even worse. Yikes!

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-17-2020, 11:17 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Dalton's ceiling was 2015. This ain't that.

I think he will eventually surpass Dalton. At least I sure hope he does, but he's not close yet.

Dalton had outstanding line play in 2015. This oline is horrible. We saw Dalton's ceiling with a bad line last year. I have been a Dalton fan and still am but Joe is all ready a better QB. 
I know who I am! I'm a dude playing a dude disguised as another dude!
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2020, 02:35 PM)Cicero Wrote: Dalton had outstanding line play in 2015. This oline is horrible. We saw Dalton's ceiling with a bad line last year. I have been a Dalton fan and still am but Joe is all ready a better QB. 

joe has god given talent at qb. but it is up to the bengals to protect him. imagine the cheapshots the steelers will take at joe twice a season. how many unnecessary and brutal hits will he take this season alone because of the horrible OL.

how many seasons will his body withstand that level of punishment?
Reply/Quote
(09-20-2020, 09:58 AM)P W Wrote: joe has god given talent at qb. but it is up to the bengals to protect him. imagine the cheapshots the steelers will take at joe twice a season. how many unnecessary and brutal hits will he take this season alone because of the horrible OL.

how many seasons will his body withstand that level of punishment?

I don't disagree with any of that. They need to reshuffle that line now and simplify the scheme. Unfortunately a real fix will have to come in the off season.
I know who I am! I'm a dude playing a dude disguised as another dude!
Reply/Quote