Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
***Week 2 GameDay Thread - Ravens @ Bengals***
(09-17-2023, 05:16 PM)Bronxbengal Wrote: Lol…..of course the mods will let this go.  

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

You can’t play him and risk an Achilles injury. The calf has had months to heal and hasn’t. You think it will by next week?

There’s 275 million reasons why you don’t.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(09-17-2023, 05:08 PM)Whacked Wrote: Chase got a calf injury too? Bc he can’t get open to save his life.

Did you see anyone ***** open? Burrow has such tight windows because dumb **** Callahan and Taylor don’t know how to exploit coverages. It’s inexplicable.
Reply/Quote
I think when you sit back and take the emotion out you can see a few things clearly. 1.)The defense can not be on the field so much. The offense has to move the ball so they can get a little rest. 2.) We need a more balanced offense and take what is working that day. 3.) We need a good offensive mind. We have a ton of talent that gets held back by a very basic offense. There is no way Joe should have to constantly check down with the horses we have on the outside. Zack is a very good head coach. Zack is also an awful offensive mind.
Reply/Quote
(09-17-2023, 05:16 PM)TheCincinnatiKid Wrote: We've gone and lost these games anyway. Of course it's easier in hindsight, but we're now likely at a stronger disadvantage for Week 3 too.

I know Burrow would've pestered Zac to play, that's understood. But what about Burrow has made the team think 'yeah he's ready'. What have they seen in practice which has made them think he's good to go? He's clearly not quote ready based on these two games.

Neither of these games were the AFC Championship game. We can rebound from 0-2 with both losses being in the division. Play the long game.

It's too late now. Imagine signing Burrow to a huge contract and then him sitting for X games, in hindsight you can't tell me that didn't cross zac and burrow's mind. It looks like burrow is injured worse now than when he was a couple weeks ago, that's zac Taylor's fault. Zac is here for life though can't ever cross out that superbowl appearance.

I think if that contract wasn't defined yet and it wasn't burrow's contract year to sign that huge deal he wouldn't have played these first 2 games or had a higher chance not to.
Reply/Quote
(09-17-2023, 05:19 PM)jj22 Wrote: You can’t play him and risk an Achilles injury. The calf has had months to heal and hasn’t. You think it will by next week?

There’s 275 million reasons why you don’t.

Whatever…

Reply/Quote
(09-17-2023, 05:13 PM)swilson3828 Wrote: Had they not been conference games, with one at home you'd be correct.  Cincy, legitimately, could finish in last place in the North if Lou doesn't get this defense straightened out.

(09-17-2023, 05:19 PM)WhodeyRay Wrote: I think when you sit back and take the emotion out you can see a few things clearly. 1.)The defense can not be on the field so much. The offense has to move the ball so they can get a little rest. 2.) We need a more balanced offense and take what is working that day. 3.) We need a good offensive mind. We have a ton of talent that gets held back by a very basic offense. There is no way Joe should have to constantly check down with the horses we have on the outside. Zack is a very good head coach. Zack is also an awful offensive mind.
You realize the defense wouldn’t be on the field as much if they didn’t allow the Ravens to drive down the field nearly every single drive. With the exception of the late punt where the Ravens were killing clock, the Bengals defense forced only 1 punt all game. That is absolutely atrocious.
Reply/Quote
His ***** calf is fine. He leapfrogged a sack. He’s just playing like shit. Period.
If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.

Reply/Quote
(09-17-2023, 05:13 PM)thompson19osu Wrote: How does a line get so outplayed when they are down 2 starters. Just head scratching.

Its the Bengals thats why....they have a history of making backups great again 
The only investment they made in offseason in improving the piss poor pass rush was drafting Murphy who so far looks underwhelming at best
Other teams like Browns and Ravens get ZaDarius Smith, or Clowney .  I dont get it and dont get me stated on the TE issue
I hope the investment in the 275M man doesn't turn out to be a Judas kiss.  
Reply/Quote
(09-17-2023, 05:19 PM)Stonyhands Wrote: Did you see anyone ***** open? Burrow has such tight windows because dumb **** Callahan and Taylor don’t know how to exploit coverages. It’s inexplicable.

Here’s my problem with Chase. He wants to run his mouth all week. Did it against the Browns and did it this week. Just play ball and do the talking on the field. I am a huge fan of Tee and doesn’t run his mouth. If Chase would back up his talk with the play on the field then I would have a different opinion. At least Ochocinco would back up his talk.

Reply/Quote
(09-17-2023, 05:05 PM)swilson3828 Wrote: No chance.  Losing Bates and Bell were bigger losses than anyone thought.

Not me.  I knew how huge losing them was.  Everyone else dismissed it as no big deal... just plug n play... right?
Reply/Quote
(09-17-2023, 05:19 PM)WhodeyRay Wrote: I think when you sit back and take the emotion out you can see a few things clearly. 1.)The defense can not be on the field so much. The offense has to move the ball so they can get a little rest. 2.) We need a more balanced offense and take what is working that day. 3.) We need a good offensive mind. We have a ton of talent that gets held back by a very basic offense. There is no way Joe should have to constantly check down with the horses we have on the outside. Zack is a very good head coach. Zack is also an awful offensive mind.

Sorry but this was on the defense - they had plenty of chances but NEVER managed to get off the field. What happened to our run defense? It used to be upper level now it is on pace for worst in NFL history? How do you not spy a mobile QB? How do you NEVER cover the middle of the field? Jackson is not Mahomes but we've stopped Mahomes and inexplicably played a super vanilla D today instead of the way we stopped Mahomes. Oh, and how on earth do you get beat by Jet Sweep right not once, not twice but something like TEN TIMES? What happened to adjusting, to reading the offense accurately? 

And lest we forget Nick Scott deserves a star on this walk of shame too - TWICE he had EASY INTs had he just exhibited the BASIC DB instinct and broke on the ball...
Reply/Quote
(09-17-2023, 05:24 PM)RunKijanaRun Wrote: His ***** calf is fine. He leapfrogged a sack. He’s just playing like shit. Period.

Did you see the Tee TD play though? He limped off the field with no tackle and then theragunned his calf while grimacing on the sideline for minutes. I think he's not playing against the Rams....would be surprised.
Reply/Quote
Look at the positives, If the team plays like this rest of the season we won’t have to worry about losing either one of our coordinators next year….yeah

Reply/Quote
I know Bates and Bell would help them but it’s really the D line. They always said the big advantage was that Lou could get pressure with only 4 guys. The same 4 are getting no pressure so the DBs don’t really matter because no one can cover NFL WRs for 10+ seconds

If the D line was playing the way they have over the past few seasons then the DBs would look much better.

As it is the whole damn team looks broken. They are 1 embarrassing Monday night loss away from being irrelevant this season. And Aaron Donald is going to dominate again I’m sure .
Reply/Quote
Burrow and company outplayed all of the coaching deficiencies and now they are reaping what they sow with the trash ass 3rd rate coaches that can’t coach themselves out of a wet paper bag.

In the time that’s this coaching staff has been together there’s not 1 area of emphasis that they set out to improve upon that they were successful at. Let that sink in. Zero improvement in the pass rush, zero improvement in the run game, zero improvement on the o-line that’s been almost entirely revamped. Play design and calls are shit. Linebacker play is shit and so is the secondary. Yet nobody has been cut or fired.
Reply/Quote
(09-17-2023, 05:29 PM)Clark W Griswold Wrote: I know Bates and Bell would help them but it’s really the D line. They always said the big advantage was that Lou could get pressure with only 4 guys.  The same 4 are getting no pressure so the DBs don’t really matter because no one can cover NFL WRs for 10+ seconds

If the D line was playing the way they have over the past few seasons then the DBs would look much better.

As it is the whole damn team looks broken. They are 1 embarrassing Monday night loss away from being irrelevant this season. And Aaron Donald is going to dominate again I’m sure .

It's pretty sad that if they go 0-3 I'm ready to toss in the towel for this NFL season lol, I wonder how many 0-3 teams have made the playoffs, granted we have a 17 game season now.

Would be hard to rectify an 0-3 start with a 12-4 season last year
Reply/Quote
(09-17-2023, 05:19 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: It's too late now. Imagine signing Burrow to a huge contract and then him sitting for X games, in hindsight you can't tell me that didn't cross zac and burrow's mind. It looks like burrow is injured worse now than when he was a couple weeks ago, that's zac Taylor's fault. Zac is here for life though can't ever cross out that superbowl appearance.

I think if that contract wasn't defined yet and it wasn't burrow's contract year to sign that huge deal he wouldn't have played these first 2 games or had a higher chance not to.

I don't even think it's the contract, I think Burrow would've wanted to play, and the NFL has a culture of seeing injured guys suit up. We know these guys play dinged up through the playoffs. 

The contract is exactly why you don't play Burrow in these games. Or rather indicative. He IS the franchise moving forward, which is what his contract signifies. Don't define the season by weeks 1-2. We can recover from two losses, as we'll now have to anyway.

Hopefully he's perfectly fine by Week 3. Had he not played in Week 1 and this was his first game back, I'd be less concerned. But he was absolutely not ready to go last week and it was irresponsible to put him out there. This week less so, but the combination of both just makes me question whether we're protecting the franchise QB well enough. I think we're further back now, than had we just sat him these first two games. 
Reply/Quote
Zac Taylor is 1-9 starting off seasons first 2 games in last 5 years. Tells you all you need to know.
Reply/Quote
(09-17-2023, 05:33 PM)TheCincinnatiKid Wrote: I don't even think it's the contract, I think Burrow would've wanted to play, and the NFL has a culture of seeing injured guys suit up. We know these guys play dinged up through the playoffs. 

The contract is exactly why you don't play Burrow in these games. Or rather indicative. He IS the franchise moving forward, which is what his contract signifies. Don't define the season by weeks 1-2. We can recover from two losses, as we'll now have to anyway.

Hopefully he's perfectly fine by Week 3. Had he not played in Week 1 and this was his first game back, I'd be less concerned. But he was absolutely not ready to go last week and it was irresponsible to put him out there. This week less so, but the combination of both just makes me question whether we're protecting the franchise QB well enough. I think we're further back now, than had we just sat him these first two games. 

I think Taylor didn't have the guts to sign Burrow to a contract and sit him for 4-6 weeks though. I agree on the culture of suiting up injured guys, Taylor looked at the contract the wrong way - Chase was looking at it the right way. Joe is always going to say he wants to play. Yeah, we're worse off right now than if he sat and we lost these.
Reply/Quote
Feels like 2010. Batman and Robin.

Reply/Quote