Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Film Review - Bengals vs. Vikings
Really good stuff right here:

https://www.si.com/nfl/bengals/allbengals-insiders-plus/how-the-bengals-beat-the-vikings-in-week-1?__twitter_impression=true

Man, playing QB has got to be one of the hardest jobs in sports. Nice work Burrow.
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
I honestly believe that there is a natural skill involved in the vision of RBs and QBs.  Basically they analyze 20 different men running at different angles and speeds and decide where they are going to be in a second (for RBs) or a few seconds (for QBs).

It is just like playing music, or chess, or doing math in your head.  We can all practice and get better, but some people just have natural gifts.

There is a famous video of Barry Sanders cutting back to make a guy behind him miss a tackle.  It looks like magic because Sanders does not look back to see him.  Instead Barry had seen him a moment earlier and knew exactly when he would catch him based on his speed and angle of pursuit. That kind of shit is crazy.  It is like watching Stevie Ray Vaughn play a guitar solo.  I know I could practice forever and never get that good.
Reply/Quote
Man, this defense looks pretty stout inside. They're downright nasty.

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-15-2021, 04:35 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I honestly believe that there is a natural skill involved in the vision of RBs and QBs.  Basically they analyze 20 different men running at different angles and speeds and decide where they are going to be in a second (for RBs) or a few seconds (for QBs).

It is just like playing music, or chess, or doing math in your head.  We can all practice and get better, but some people just have natural gifts.

There is a famous video of Barry Sanders cutting back to make a guy behind him miss a tackle.  It looks like magic because Sanders does not look back to see him.  Instead Barry had seen him a moment earlier and knew exactly when he would catch him based on his speed and angle of pursuit. That kind of shit is crazy.  It is like watching Stevie Ray Vaughn play a guitar solo.  I know I could practice forever and never get that good.

Absolutely, much like the best point guards in basketball. Basically what Trent Richardson lacked despite dominating at the college level. David Montgomery, who we’re about to face has pretty good vision, and their former runner from years ago, Matt Forte, had great vision. That’s one of my favorite traits in a rb to watch. Mixon’s is good, as well as Dalvin Cook’s. Nick Chubb’s is probably the best in the league IMO.
Reply/Quote
(09-15-2021, 07:16 PM)Dr.Z Wrote: Absolutely, much like the best point guards in basketball.  Basically what  Trent Richardson lacked despite dominating at the college level.  David Montgomery, who we’re about to face has pretty good vision, and their former runner from years ago, Matt Forte, had great vision.   That’s one of my favorite traits in a rb to watch.  Mixon’s is good, as well as Dalvin Cook’s.   Nick Chubb’s is probably the best in the league IMO.

One of the most important skills for a RB, but no "test" to measure it other than just watching film.

220 lbs with 4.4 speed is meaningless if he can't see where the hole will be.
Reply/Quote