Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Week 3: Carolina....Rescheduled or home game?
With Hurricane Florence about ready to decimate the Carolinas, will Week 3 turn into a home game or just rescheduled? Just curious....because I'm guessing they will not be back to anything close to normal in just a week.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Charlotte won't get much, in the way of actual "devastation", just a lot of rain and a little wind. They should be good to go.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
I usually drive to Cincinnati for one game a year, but I went to Nashville the last time the Bengals played there. This year I was thinking about driving to Atlanta or Charlotte instead of Cincy. They are all about the same distance from here.

Now I am thinking that I might be able to pick up a ticket for the Caroline game dirt cheap if the weather keeps some fans away. Charlotte is 2 or 3 hours rom the coast, but rain could still cause some flooding there. It should be dried out by next weekend, but locals may have more important things to take care of than attending an NFL game.
Reply/Quote
The game is still 10 days away so baring total devastation, and we certainly don't want that, the game should be played as normal.

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(09-12-2018, 12:45 PM)pally Wrote: The game is still 10 days away so baing total devastation, and we certainly don't want that, the game should be played as normal.

This.

Charlotte is over 150 miles from the coast.  If they are devastated then this will be one of the largest national disasters in US history.
Reply/Quote
I live in Charlotte (well, 15 miles from the stadium). It will get wet, but the game will still be played in Charlotte.
Reply/Quote
Barring some completely unforeseen catastrophe the Carolina game will go on as scheduled. About the only thing that could realistically change things might be local flooding, but most of that's expected on the coast and Piedmont areas of SC.. I'm in Columbia SC about 70 miles almost straight south of Charlotte and we're only really expecting a few inches of rain, but hurricanes are often unpredictable.  Slim chance, but it could be affected by tornados spurned from the hurricane..
The only thing I know for certain is my 90 year old dad will be in full panic mode for the duration .  Tongue  He's literally glued to the weather channel  with super strong epoxy.. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(09-12-2018, 06:52 PM)BengalFanInNJ Wrote: I live in Charlotte (well, 15 miles from the stadium). It will get wet, but the game will still be played in Charlotte.

Stay dry.. I'm right down the road just east of Columbia and expecting a few rain drops here and there.. Actually my storm tracker app has it headed right to us   Fun times ahead.  
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote