Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
***Week 3 GameDay Thread...Bengals @ Packers***
(09-24-2017, 10:10 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Which is what happens to us in big games or playoffs. Everyone loves Zimmer...but in the playoffs teams could run on us. People want to blame missing Dalton on why we lost to the Steelers but the Steelers were without Bell and had a RB off the streets come in and run on us.

It's death by 1000 papercuts. What it boils down to is this team has no strength that it can count on when the going gets tough.

Dalton was 21-27...with 2 TD's and 0 interceptions and people blame him.

Mixon had a lot of carries and averaged 3.4 ypc. There were plays where the Bengals ran the ball right into the blitz. We built the lead in the 1st half by taking deep shots to Green and throwing quick slants...and in the 2nd half he changed that all up.

The other team made adjustments and dared Dalton to make throws that weren't to RBs or three step quick throws. We failed on early downs and when hit with 3rd and longs Andy couldn't make the throws or panicked under pressure. I saw lots of runs into the blitz and it looked a lot like audibles from Andy at the line.
Reply/Quote
(09-24-2017, 10:18 PM)Stonyhands Wrote: The difference is that Rodgers never gave up until he was in the clutch and for sure going down. You can pretty much guarantee that when Andy tucks and starts his Andy shuffle that the play is over and nothing is going to happen.  Problem is that pressure usually ramps up in the second half and especially when the game is on the line and little orphan Andy cannot improvise.  He's pretty much the anti-Rodgers QB of the NFL, noodle arm, can't run, inaccurate, cannot improvise, and cannot make plays outside of the pocket.

Problem is that you've been bungalized.  So blinded that you can't see that the very coaching/management/ownership that you criticize for making bad decisions are the very same people who say Andy is a franchise QB.  These people are so cheap and hard headed...loyal to a fault...that they will stick with a guy like Andy until forced to do something otherwise.  Andy is the epitome of Marvin Lewis but on the field.  He can ride the coat tails of other talented people but when it comes down to out coaching or outplaying actual elite coaches/players these guys are going to get outperformed every time.

Man... Ive been saying I want to see what Dalton could do with a head coach not named Marvin Lewis for years... but you're absolutely right. Andy just looks mediocre (at best) out there, even when he has time. At this point in his career I don't know if that's something that can be fixed. Even with a new head coach....

If we get a new HC after this season, and we're picking top 3-5... We need to take a QB. If nothing else to try and light a fire under andy's ass. He's regressed back to bailing on plays as soon as there's a tiny hint of pressure. I was happy to see him make the smart play when he was a rookie but even then he would occasionally break out of the tackle box and make something out of nothing. Now? You can almost guarantee it's a throw away or a complete overthrow. Frustrating as all hell 
Reply/Quote
(09-24-2017, 10:18 PM)Stonyhands Wrote: The difference is that Rodgers never gave up until he was in the clutch and for sure going down. You can pretty much guarantee that when Andy tucks and starts his Andy shuffle that the play is over and nothing is going to happen.  Problem is that pressure usually ramps up in the second half and especially when the game is on the line and little orphan Andy cannot improvise.  He's pretty much the anti-Rodgers QB of the NFL, noodle arm, can't run, inaccurate, cannot improvise, and cannot make plays outside of the pocket.

Problem is that you've been bungalized.  So blinded that you can't see that the very coaching/management/ownership that you criticize for making bad decisions are the very same people who say Andy is a franchise QB.  These people are so cheap and hard headed...loyal to a fault...that they will stick with a guy like Andy until forced to do something otherwise.  Andy is the epitome of Marvin Lewis but on the field.  He can ride the coat tails of other talented people but when it comes down to out coaching or outplaying actual elite coaches/players these guys are going to get outperformed every time.

Look dude....Aaron Rodgers is Aaron Rodgers.  There just aren't that many of those out there. If you think they grow on trees...I got a mint Eric Davis rookie I'd like to sell you for a nice price.

I'm Bungalized?  I've been watching them so long, I don't give a shit anymore!  Unlike you, it is my belief that these SAME players could have won SEVERAL playoff games by now if dumbasses lile Mediocre Marv and his tenured turds like Ken Zampese and Paul Alexander hadn't been allowed to hang around like dingleberries on a hobo.

I watch these games objectively...and without much passion.  I see piss poor game planning...personnel packages...and ZERO halftime adjustments for 15 ***** years!  I've seen Son of Paul take this from an up and comer to an utter shit show!  There's no accountability anywhere....nepotism everywhere....and a goddamned o line coach that has been here since Dave Shula.  Dave ***** Shula!  Yet....one of us thinks HOF QBs can be found smoking pot in a JuCo dormroom....or that a QB will come in here a flip this culture. 

Who's Bungalized again?  LOL.  Relax man...kick back and laugh.  We ain't winning shit until, at the very least, Son of Paul is gone.  My BP was 100/70 at the doc the other day....I'm sure it stayed there all game long because I KNOW we're losers....and will be until this goddamned 0-26 years joke of a ***** "GM" is out of the picture. Regardless of who is under center.

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-24-2017, 10:29 PM)Pat5775 Wrote: Man... Ive been saying I want to see what Dalton could do with a head coach not named Marvin Lewis for years... but you're absolutely right. Andy just looks mediocre (at best) out there, even when he has time. At this point in his career I don't know if that's something that can be fixed. Even with a new head coach....

If we get a new HC after this season, and we're picking top 3-5... We need to take a QB. If nothing else to try and light a fire under andy's ass. He's regressed back to bailing on plays as soon as there's a tiny hint of pressure. I was happy to see him make the smart play when he was a rookie but even then he would occasionally break out of the tackle box and make something out of nothing. Now? You can almost guarantee it's a throw away or a complete overthrow. Frustrating as all hell 

He's done now. Just like Palmer was in 2010. The team....and Dalton...had made so much progress by 2015.  He WAS clutch. Y'all got short memories.  Remember Seattle?  Aaron Rodgers had never even won an OT game until today.  Look at Dalton's 4th qtr come from behind numbers...I think your memory will come back.  

Then...something changed in 2016.  Actually two of them. Now what on earth could those have been?  Hmm I wonder.....

Remember when they trashed Palmers line and still kept fatass Alexander?  What happened then?  Hmm

Ol Palmer sure looked good in Ariz till he got old. 

Think guys....really think this thing through.  We have dumbass lifers and/or other teams rejects at position coaches....we play bullshit free agency....and no scouts to speak of.  Yet....y'all think a QB gon' turn this shit around?  LMFAO.  Really?

As to now. Trade him. Play McCarron....and keep losing....but losing cheaper.

Reply/Quote
(09-24-2017, 09:36 PM)Wyche Wrote: He hit a few in the seam...saw quite a few throws to the sideline/flat...saw a couple shovel passes...couple deep shots on free plays when we played undisciplined ball as usual.  That game?  Even Romo noted how he was nickle and diming us to death when the pressure started eating him alive.  It's call a-d-j-u-s-t-i-n-g.  I know us Bengals fans aren't used to that shit...but it happens every week in this league in other cities. We lost by 3. In OT. At Lambeau. To a HOF QB. Relax....lol

The Packers were not at full strength. Hell, they were missing a ton of starters on defense and their two starting OT's. They also lost players during the game.
Reply/Quote
(09-24-2017, 10:49 PM)BengalFanInNJ Wrote: The Packers were not at full strength. Hell, they were missing a ton of starters on defense and their two starting OT's. They also lost players during the game.

I know....they have viable backups and good coaching.  A WR is starting at RB FFS. What do you think would happen in Cincy under those circumstances?  

Reply/Quote
(09-24-2017, 10:41 PM)WychesWarrior Wrote: As to now. Trade him. Play McCarron....and keep losing....but losing cheaper.

Does seem to fit the SOP!

Reply/Quote