Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
***Week 3 GameDay Thread - Bengals @ Panthers***
(09-23-2018, 05:14 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: True, but your sig definitely does not!

She might, though.

You never know until you ask, right. Wink
[Image: 416686247_404249095282684_84217049823664...e=659A7198]
Reply/Quote
(09-23-2018, 05:16 PM)Millhouse Wrote: If I am going to blame the loss on anyone, it is the Bengals front 7 on defense.

They gave up 230 yards rushing as McCaffrey ran it 28 times for 184 yards. They just got steamrolled, and then Cam made throws when it mattered with hardly any pressure except 1 time in the 4th I think.

Overall that front 7 gets a Ross grade, err I mean an F grade.

That's what sucks the most about this game. With all the injuries it was our "Strenth" of the team that played the worst. We missed a couple chances on D to swing this game with a fumble recovery or a int or 2 and didn't come away with them. There were a couple bad calls but every game has those, just no excuse for the D line to play that poor against a line starting 3 backups. Any other team would have had their way with them.
Reply/Quote
(09-23-2018, 05:14 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: WTF are you talking about??

What the hell is wrong with some of you people?

No Mixon
No Price
Ross is a total **** up
Green out the 2nd half
No Preston Brown
No Vontaze Burfict
No creative blitzes to try and confuse this Oline, just straight up 4 man rush.

The odds were against a win from the get go and they were within one score when they got the ball at the end of the game. 

bu..bu..but it worked!  Attitude
Reply/Quote
(09-23-2018, 05:30 PM)TKUHL Wrote: That's what sucks the most about this game. With all the injuries it was our "Strenth" of the team that played the worst. We missed a couple chances on D to swing this game with a fumble recovery or a int or 2 and didn't come away with them. There were a couple bad calls but every game has those, just no excuse for the D line to play that poor against a line starting 3 backups. Any other team would have had their way with them.

Going to go out on a limb here and say if we could have had a loss, it came at a good time. Although Baltimore won their game, we are ahead of them if there's a tie. Plus, our defense gets to see a lot of stuff they need to work on. Our offense was trying hard to stay in it, but they fell short and will examine why. Yes, we were minus some players, but they came close to getting it back. They will fix the mistakes. I don't think anyone thought we would go 16-0. 

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-23-2018, 05:26 PM)leonardfan40 Wrote: Yeah I never liked our chances in this one but tried to be optimistic. I am extremely disappointed in the way our defense played. Only rushed four but couldn’t cover a bunch of mediocre WR’s and let them run on us at will. Definitely some work to be done there, but two stud LB’s will help when they get back. If we can get to 3-1 I’ll be thrilled. 2-2 still is a fine start. This team will get better over time as long as they can get healthy

Yep.

No need to throw the baby out with the bath water right now.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(09-23-2018, 05:27 PM)Housh Wrote: Ross didn’t look back once and gave no indicator he wanted the ball. We all know what was SUPPOSED to happen but it didn’t. Andy shouldn’t have throw the ball. It was only 2nd down, take the damn sack

Iv seen this Andy too many times. He’s a poor decision maker

He had just taken a damn sack! That's 100% john ross.

Lap absolutely roasted him on the radio. Worse than i did in my house.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(09-23-2018, 05:13 PM)TKUHL Wrote: See I don't buy that. Gio is just as good if not better. This team is just not that good. Sure injuries didn't help but not having Mixon is far from the reason. I would argue Price or even AJ being out cost us more than Mixon. We could have ran the ball more but it's not like they stopped cause Hio was shit down.
Gio is not better than Mixon. How many teams would Gio be the #1 RB on?
(09-23-2018, 05:28 PM)GodFather Wrote: Theres always an excuse isn't it?

So a blowout loss with all our players healthy is the same as a close loss missing a ton of impact players?

Reply/Quote
(09-23-2018, 07:46 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Gio is not better than Mixon. How many teams would Gio be the #1 RB on?

So a blowout loss with all our players healthy is the same as a close loss missing a ton of impact players?

Did you hear Philly making excuses they lost the Super Bowl with a backup QB?  Oh wait..  they won Ninja
Reply/Quote
(09-23-2018, 09:15 PM)GodFather Wrote: Did you hear Philly making excuses they lost the Super Bowl with a backup QB?  Oh wait..  they won Ninja

If they were missing almost half a dozen of their best players (AJ, Price, Burfict, Brown, Mixon) they probably would have lost.

Not a great comparison though, as we were on the road in a hostile environment playing a good team who was trying their hardest to get a win for their state. Not playing in a neutral location at the SB.

Reply/Quote
(09-24-2018, 12:30 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: If they were missing almost half a dozen of their best players (AJ, Price, Burfict, Brown, Mixon) they probably would have lost.

Not a great comparison though, as we were on the road in a hostile environment playing a good team who was trying their hardest to get a win for their state. Not playing in a neutral location at the SB.

The point isa there is always an excuse. Teams that are top tier find ways to win, not make excuses why they didn't. We won without Burfict and Brown the first two games. 

When everyone is back it will be the refs...

my point is its always something and no excuse...win...
Reply/Quote