Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
***Week 3 GameDay Thread...Broncos @ Bengals***
I need another beer
Reply/Quote
(09-25-2016, 05:31 PM)Big Boss Wrote: Sure let's crucify Dalton over one bad play when his back-to-back 300 yard games the first two weeks helped keep the team from being 0-3.

Exactly, Dalton willed us to the last scoring drive.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-25-2016, 05:34 PM)Aquapod770 Wrote: Here's the big difference. They all have better coaches than we do. 

Not sure Gruden is better tbh.

Reply/Quote
(09-25-2016, 05:33 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Hey, what I'm saying makes sense and is based in reality. Glad you could come to your senses. When is the last time any QB had a big day against Denver? I'll wait.

What did Dalton do today to help us win today? 0
Reply/Quote
Marvin Jones 6-205-2.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(09-25-2016, 05:35 PM)Utts Wrote: Oh lordy. The talent level has dropped. It's really that simple.

What's your excuse for when we had all that talent?  Mellow
[Image: 85d8232ebbf088d606250ddec1641e7b.jpg]
Reply/Quote
go eags!
Reply/Quote
(09-25-2016, 05:37 PM)jj22 Wrote: Marvin Jones 6-205-2.

Damn.

DDid Boyd even play today? I didn't hear his name once.

Reply/Quote
(09-25-2016, 05:36 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Not sure Gruden is better tbh.

He took one of the worst QB situations in the league last year to the playoffs (while Kirk lead the league in completion percentage). He's certainly not worse. 
[Image: 85d8232ebbf088d606250ddec1641e7b.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(09-25-2016, 05:37 PM)jj22 Wrote: Marvin Jones 6-205-2.

Started him and Jeremy Hill in fantasy. Not that I care much about that right now.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(09-25-2016, 05:39 PM)Aquapod770 Wrote: He took one of the worst QB situations in the league last year to the playoffs (while Kirk lead the league in completion percentage). He's certainly not worse. 

That division was terrible last year. They won it with 9 wins. Sorry if I'm not overly impressed. 

Reply/Quote
(09-25-2016, 05:36 PM)Fresno B Wrote: What did Dalton do today to help us win today? 0

Andy Dalton made some crucial first downs with his legs today.  Denver's downfield coverage was outstanding.
Reply/Quote
(09-25-2016, 05:38 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Damn.

DDid Boyd even play today? I didn't hear his name once.

I think they threw to him twice and he caught both of them.
Reply/Quote
(09-25-2016, 05:36 PM)Fresno B Wrote: What did Dalton do today to help us win today? 0

He made several throws that kept drives going and he also made some first downs with his legs. Against Denver that's about all you can expect. Ask Cam and Luck.

Dalton did not have a good game, but I kinda expected that. What I didn't expect was for Siemien to toss 4 TDs. 

Blame goes to the defense first (Pacman in particular), then the o-line. If you want to toss Andy in there, fine. But he's pretty far down the list and you guys are acting like he's the primary reason.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
GO EAGLES....BEAT steelers........We can get to 2-2 as early as Thursday....GO EAGLES.....F The Steelers. .....OK, Ravens 3-0, they won't go undefeated ......GO EAGLES.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
Disappointing loss, disappointing start to the season. The bengals have not played a good game yet IMO. All is not lost though, we have 2 pro bowl players about to return. We will also start to see weaker defenses as these first 3 d's were no slouch. Bright spot was the run game, would be nice to see balanced play calling from Ken here soon.

Defense got burnt on a couple of big passes that were the difference in the game, and again the refs were no help today. Outside of the refs I see all the other issues we have as solvable in house. Ken will improve with time, o line will improve as they are definitely better than they have showed to this point, defense will see a boost when Burfict returns as will our redzone offense when eifert returns.

A couple of winnable games these next two weeks is just what the doctor ordered. Get our guys back and clean up some mental mistakes and we can be sitting at 3-2 going into NE. 3-3 after that and we are very much alive against a pretty tough schedule to start the season
Reply/Quote
(09-25-2016, 05:31 PM)Utts Wrote: What gives you hope the defense will turn around? Burfict will help, but not sure he can offset the bad. We are not generating enough pressure with our front 4, and our secondary is diminished by an aging Pac and the loss of Nelson.
Well, Burfict is the emotional and playmaking leader of the defense. His return will be huge once he settles in. Williams has been here awhile but with few real snaps. He will improve quite a bit. The same goes for Hunt and Clarke as I can see them improving each game. I think Hazlett needs some time to adjust to this team. I'm seeing the lbs as a weak area so far. Dansby will get better, too. So far he looks very Hawk like. We need to blitz a bit more as QBs are having a long time to look around in the pocket. I think our lack of pass rush is the main problem on defense. That can get better with scheme.
Reply/Quote
(09-25-2016, 05:10 PM)kevin Wrote: MIami struggling with the Browns ????......We should beat Miami.

Except that things never follow suit from week to week and the Bengals have lost 3 straight, sloppy, ugly games against the Dolphins when they should have won all 3 (two of them at home). 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
2012 the Bengals started off 3-5 and finished up 10-6, playing the same divisions they are playing this year. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(09-25-2016, 05:50 PM)leonardfan40 Wrote: Disappointing loss, disappointing start to the season. The bengals have not played a good game yet IMO. All is not lost though, we have 2 pro bowl players about to return. We will also start to see weaker defenses as these first 3 d's were no slouch. Bright spot was the run game, would be nice to see balanced play calling from Ken here soon.

Defense got burnt on a couple of big passes that were the difference in the game, and again the refs were no help today. Outside of the refs I see all the other issues we have as solvable in house. Ken will improve with time, o line will improve as they are definitely better than they have showed to this point, defense will see a boost when Burfict returns as will our redzone offense when eifert returns.

A couple of winnable games these next two weeks is just what the doctor ordered. Get our guys back and clean up some mental mistakes and we can be sitting at 3-2 going into NE. 3-3 after that and we are very much alive against a pretty tough schedule to start the season

i thought this way. except after what reid and alex smith did to the Jets today........we are waaay waaay behind the 8-ball. maybe just luck for the cheifs but they made the Jets looks stupid. we struggle, and then struggle, and then struggle some more. hard to say who's good and who's bad. our coaches need to step up. we'll find out week 6 whether or not they can "step up"
Reply/Quote