Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
***Week 3 GameDay Thread - (MNF) Rams @ Bengals***
(09-26-2023, 12:39 AM)cinci4life Wrote: Chase about to talk to SVP.

He has such a great laugh. Looks like a little kid.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-25-2023, 10:52 PM)swilson3828 Wrote: The fact that Burrow has attempted very few 10+ yard passes should speak volumes.  Jezus it doesn't take a rocket scientist to see Burrow is not effective at this point.  Take him out and let him heal.  damn..............Browning is good enough to guide Cinci to a win.

Browning wouldn’t win 1 game. Burrow is looking fine. We’re starting to open up the play book and take some deep shots. Even though we didn’t connect, the next drive we were moving the chains.
Reply/Quote
(09-26-2023, 12:30 AM)Joelist Wrote: No style points tonight but a win is a win and 1-2 puts them in a position where if they beat Tennessee they are back in play. Defense played well finally...

finally?  They held Cleveland to just 13 going into the 4th quarter and the offense hung them out to dry.  Even in the 4th Cleveland only had scored 16 until the Bengals tried to go for a 4th down deep in their own territory.  Defense gave the team a chance.  The offense blew it.
Reply/Quote
EP? Am I missing something?
Reply/Quote
(09-26-2023, 12:50 AM)Clark W Griswold Wrote: EP?  Am I missing something?

Our kicker, Evan Pherson  Mellow
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
(09-26-2023, 12:51 AM)Awful Llama Wrote: Our kicker, Evan Pherson  Mellow

HAHAHA. My bad. I did it on purpose obviously
Reply/Quote
Way to bounce back from last week Lou. D played dominant tonight, was nice to see Wilson, Dax, Hendx, Hubb, Mac etc. I will take the win but damn this offense has got to get in sync. We should have won by 30 instead it was a nail biter. But a wins a win and no injuries that we know of. Well done. Undefeated in White.
Reply/Quote
(09-26-2023, 12:47 AM)Ell Prez Wrote: Browning wouldn’t win 1 game. Burrow is looking fine. We’re starting to open up the play book and take some deep shots. Even though we didn’t connect, the next drive we were moving the chains.

Browning would win more 1 game
Reply/Quote
(09-26-2023, 01:30 AM)Essex Johnson Wrote: Browning would win more 1 game

[Image: let-the-hate-flow-through-you-sidious.gif]

Reply/Quote
Didn't get to catch the game (UK time over here), but have been watching the highlights this morning.

Season saving win! Glad we could eek it out. Stopping those Rams drives early on for FGs was enormous.

Defence really showed up in this one. I think we'll need that to continue as Burrow's health is going to limit the offence unless he gets better.

That said, I think ZT/whoever did a great job with opening up the playbook. Felt like we went all out there with ways to help Burrow out. Lot of motion and getting the ball out really quickly. Great to see a big day for Chase.

Certainly though, I'm concerned about the viability of Joe Burrow for the length of this season. He's clearly not right and he looked quite limited on some of those drop backs. Defence isn't likely to limit everybody to under 20 points a game all year long so unless Burrow's calf gets better I just think there's a real limit on how far we can go this year. Fortunately enough, he said it felt better out there this week and is optimistic this coming week will be better than the last. Fingers crossed.

In any case, great win. Gotta enjoy them when they happen!
Reply/Quote
(09-26-2023, 12:15 AM)RunKijanaRun Wrote: I don’t understand the thought process. Sacrifice 3 downs and possession.

You need to watch more football and then you would understand.

The fact the Rams only had one time out made that the percentage play.

Even though the Rams eventually scored a TD, they never got the ball back.
Reply/Quote
(09-26-2023, 12:46 AM)LSUfaninTN Wrote: …that EP’s (edit: leaving the error up here and owning it) kicking talent is immune to ZT’s sh*ttiness.

Bengals were a 53 yard field goal away from everyone being a bunch of downers here again.

I’m glad I can be here to brighten you guys’ day up. Honestly I think I should be paid for my services but I really don’t do it for the money. I do it because I care.

Soon as I win the big mega millions drawing I'll keep you in mind.. You think I should buy a ticket once in awhile or just pray i find the winner in a parking lot first?  Mellow
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(09-26-2023, 01:30 AM)Essex Johnson Wrote: Browning would win more 1 game

Over the gradual course of 3 generations*.. Love the optimism..  Hilarious
*My sole reference to the Bob and Ray comedy team of the 30's through the 90s.. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
I thought the game was this evening. I'm confused it was yesterday.

And again I say unto you, It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God.

Reply/Quote
(09-26-2023, 06:10 PM)Arturo Bandini Wrote: I thought the game was this evening. I'm confused it was yesterday.

I don't think there's any Tuesday night games for any team
Reply/Quote