Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Week 3 TV Maps
(09-25-2021, 11:34 AM)rfaulk34 Wrote: You would think a la carte is coming, it seems inevitable and logical. My gut instinct is, they want to continue to maximize profits as long as possible by having a company pay billions before they pare it down to a package or game. 

EDIT: The NFL, that is. I wonder if they'd allow a provider to dice it up like that on their own or not. I guess if they're paying that much for the rights, they should have the option.

I think I read that the NFL is looking for over 2 billion a year for the rights in 2022.  I don't know how the contract works but I would think once the rights are purchased the company that acquires it can package it and price it the way they want.  But who knows the NFL may have their own restrictions before they enter a contract with whatever company pays for the rights.   But I think once the NFL gets their 2 Billion+  they don't earn anymore from it such as revenue from subscription sales and commercials??  I think that is why the company paying for the rights pays so much. I don't really know.  

But if the above is true and they are leaning toward Apple TV and Apple has stated they want to offer various packages maybe the NFL is cool with that.  I honestly think an à la carte option would be best for the fans and the company.  I actually found a post I made last year about Amazon and Sunday Ticket where I mentioned that.  Maybe they stole my idea   Tongue.    I think there are a lot more people that would buy access to their favorite team for say $150 a year compared to buying a much more expensive package with access to every game.   Of course on the other side if it is all or nothing then those fans are forced to buy the most expensive package just to watch their team or not buy it at all. 

I'm no marketing genius by any means though and those mega companies in the running know better than me and will do what is most profitable for sure.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah
Reply/Quote
Nice to get Harlan and Green instead of the usual crap crews they dump on us.
Reply/Quote
We get this one live here in Aus, 3am in the morning so an early start for me.
Reply/Quote
If it's more than 5 bucks a month I'll listen to Laph and Hoard.. At least they won't slobber all over the opposition every game.. And hey, I don't mind listening. My imagination is probably better than live TV anyway. ThumbsUp
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(09-25-2021, 10:47 PM)wanga Wrote: We get this one live here in Aus, 3am in the morning so an early start for me.

In LA it's 12 O'clock..In Chicago it's 10 O'clock...In New York it's 9 O'clock.....In Australia it's 3 AM and time for the 11 O'clock news.. Sarcasm
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote