Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Week 3 "fantasy facts"....Bernard
Giovani Bernard, Cincinnati Bengals

26. In 11 career games with 15-plus carries, Bernard is averaging 4.4 YPC, 112 total yards per game and 18.3 fantasy PPG.

26a. In Weeks 14 and 15 last season, when Bengals back Joe Mixon did not play, Bernard had 32.3 fantasy points and was RB16 in that two-week span.

26b. Over the past six games he has played, Bernard has 85.2 points (RB10 in total points during that stretch).

27. Since Bernard entered the NFL in 2013, he is top five among running backs in both receptions and receiving yards.

28. Since the start of last season, opponents are completing 81.4 percent of passes intended for running backs against the Panthers, third highest in the NFL.
Reply/Quote
ThumbsUp

Good stuff Fred. Looking forward to seeing him play tomorrow.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Yep good stuff Fred

Gio has basically done nothing but produce when he's out there. In a fairly short time span I hope Mixon is back and we won't use up Gio in the meantime.
Reply/Quote
(09-22-2018, 10:16 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Giovani Bernard, Cincinnati Bengals

26. In 11 career games with 15-plus carries, Bernard is averaging 4.4 YPC, 112 total yards per game and 18.3 fantasy PPG.

26a. In Weeks 14 and 15 last season, when Bengals back Joe Mixon did not play, Bernard had 32.3 fantasy points and was RB16 in that two-week span.

26b. Over the past six games he has played, Bernard has 85.2 points (RB10 in total points during that stretch).

27. Since Bernard entered the NFL in 2013, he is top five among running backs in both receptions and receiving yards.

28. Since the start of last season, opponents are completing 81.4 percent of passes intended for running backs against the Panthers, third highest in the NFL.

Gio is more than capable.  I look for him to have a great game tomorrow.

Not only is Gio an great run and pass catcher he is very good at picking up the blitz.  Pound for pound he's one tough dude!
Reply/Quote
(09-22-2018, 10:49 AM)Daddy-O Wrote: Gio is more than capable.  I look for him to have a great game tomorrow.

Not only is Gio an great run and pass catcher he is very good at picking up the blitz.  Pound for pound he's one tough dude!

Yep Gio is definitely talented enough to handle the load for as long as we need.

Only problem with tomorrow's game: There is a dude named Luke Kuechly on the other side.. and he's gonna be a PROBLEM for Gio.
Reply/Quote
(09-22-2018, 11:32 AM)thillan Wrote: Yep Gio is definitely talented enough to handle the load for as long as we need.

Only problem with tomorrow's game: There is a dude named Luke Kuechly on the other side.. and he's gonna be a PROBLEM for Gio.

Then that would leave our TEs, especially Eifert open.  Kuechly is a great LBer but Thomas Davis won't be on the field with him and Shaq Thompson isn't exactly known for his coverage skills. 

As much as I like Gio to produce in this game, we need to consider that the weakness of the Panthers on Defense is it's secondary.  The Defensive line is stout and the LBers are decent.  So we need to take advantage of Green, Boyd and Ross going downfield to expose their weaknesses.
Reply/Quote
(09-22-2018, 11:48 AM)YsCascadia Wrote: Then that would leave our TEs, especially Eifert open.  Kuechly is a great LBer but Thomas Davis won't be on the field with him and Shaq Thompson isn't exactly known for his coverage skills. 

As much as I like Gio to produce in this game, we need to consider that the weakness of the Panthers on Defense is it's secondary.  The Defensive line is stout and the LBers are decent.  So we need to take advantage of Green, Boyd and Ross going downfield to expose their weaknesses.

Agreed! I know there is a ton of talk about Gio right now, but I think the best chance is to chuck it. 

Which means that our banged up O-line really needs to show up.. which worries me the most.
Reply/Quote
This is how we win Sunday IMHO

Use him as a typical ground and pound (especially up the middle) and we lose.

(09-22-2018, 10:16 AM)fredtoast Wrote: 27. Since Bernard entered the NFL in 2013, he is top five among running backs in both receptions and receiving yards.

Reply/Quote
Chuck it to Gio.  Just not that swing pass.  Why does that play work for at least a few yards for other teams while all it does for us is get our RBs killed as soon as they catch the ball.

Someone posted my opinion in another thread.  More wheel routes for Gio.  Hit him downfield.
Reply/Quote
Teams over prepare for our other players and leave Gio all the alone for the surprise. Muahaha
Reply/Quote
Agree with not wanting to see swing passes. We have to see if the line can open some holes for Gio. If not, dumps over the middle will be a good mover until you decide to punish the secondary.

Reply/Quote

I assume thats PPR scoring. I am in a dynasty league thats ppr and a redraft league that is standard. I trust Gio in PPR for this stretch, but i am iffy on goal line work. I got him off waivers in the redraft, and I had Alshon stored away from a 11th round pick, so i sent gio and alshon in a trade for Aaron Jones.
Reply/Quote

Gio is a much better option than trying to force the ball to Ross.  Ninja

Reply/Quote
(09-22-2018, 12:22 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Chuck it to Gio.  Just not that swing pass.  Why does that play work for at least a few yards for other teams while all it does for us is get our RBs killed as soon as they catch the ball.

Someone posted my opinion in another thread.  More wheel routes for Gio.  Hit him downfield.

Most of the time Bengals players get killed on that is when it's late, checkdown or whatever. When it's a first option, it's usually productive.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote