Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
***Week 4 GameDay Thread - Jaguars @ Bengals***
(10-01-2021, 12:54 AM)TheFan Wrote: Wasn't he back in the game in the 2nd half? 

Yes, played entire second half. 
Reply/Quote
Great win!!!! Great game!! Evan for mvp.
[Image: 43325991030_4d39723a8f.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(10-01-2021, 12:35 AM)Wyche Wrote: Turnovers have deep sixed em....none tonight, and they hung around all game.

Yeah. I’m glad we got them early in the season. They will be a tough out later this season.
I know who I am! I'm a dude playing a dude disguised as another dude!
Reply/Quote
(10-01-2021, 12:42 AM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Zac Taylor is already better than Marv in 2 areas: beating the Steelers and winning in prime time. We'll see if he can have us looking differently in the playoffs soon. Hopefully.

I really wish that was the case. Zac has something Marvin did not, Joe Burrow. Joe Burrow just seems to “will” this team to victory. I think this team would be a whole lot better had they had a veteran coach/signal caller.
Reply/Quote
(10-01-2021, 01:23 AM)Stonyhands Wrote: I really wish that was the case.  Zac has something Marvin did not, Joe Burrow.  Joe Burrow just seems to “will” this team to victory.  I think this team would be a whole lot better had they had a veteran coach/signal caller.

Agreed. Burrow has a little less of a nice guy than Andy which I think held him back.
Reply/Quote
(10-01-2021, 01:01 AM)Synric Wrote: So your saying the numbers say the previous run game success didnt cause the Jags to run heavy boxes? Successful run game dictates defensive formations that is one extremely major area stats fail.

I am saying that previous run game success doesn’t cause a play action pass to be more successful. The passing metrics with a strong running game and weak running game are nearly identical. I’m not arguing that it doesn’t cause different personnel, I’m saying that it doesn’t make a PA pass more successful.
Reply/Quote
(10-01-2021, 01:31 AM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: Agreed. Burrow has a little less of a nice guy than Andy which I think held him back.

Not to be a jerk, but re-read what you wrote.  Seriously?  AD was less successful because he was nicer.  Please.  That's just silly.   I always like/liked AD as a QB, but Burrow is an elite talent.  It has nothing to do with being "nice".
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-01-2021, 01:23 AM)Stonyhands Wrote: I really wish that was the case.  Zac has something Marvin did not, Joe Burrow.  Joe Burrow just seems to “will” this team to victory.  I think this team would be a whole lot better had they had a veteran coach/signal caller.

Lol Marvin dwarfs Taylor as a head coach.  The Bengals should have beaten the Squealers several times had the team not imploded in the most unlikely ways....ways that can't be blamed on Marvin
Reply/Quote
(10-01-2021, 09:13 AM)Stewy Wrote: Not to be a jerk, but re-read what you wrote.  Seriously?  AD was less successful because he was nicer.  Please.  That's just silly.   I always like/liked AD as a QB, but Burrow is an elite talent.  It has nothing to do with being "nice".

I didn't say Dalton would approach Burrow's level if he wasn't so nice, I'm just saying I think most successful sports players have a bite to them (like Burrow does). You can hear it in what they say/how they act, but Andy probably could have been a little better if he wasn't so nice. Burrow is not mr. nice guy, it's rubbing off too (you can hear it when Boyd is talking trash about the steelers after we beat them down). They're taking after their leader (Burrow).

The greatest of all time, they're not that nice. Brady bites, Jordan bites, Tiger bites, Kobe bit, Tyson bit - literally. I'm guessing Burrow wants to be GOAT. Andy was a nice guy, and reached his potential, which was not good enough, but it was "good". Would he have been better if he was a little meaner, don't know, I just never visualized this guy getting mad at anyone. Other than slamming the football down when he got sacked for the 10th time in a game. Even Novak bites if you read his quotes, they're not nice, they're blunt, and they're out to get you and more.

It's a fine line, Dalton had some swagger for a small portion of his career, maybe nice is the wrong word, he just wasn't confident enough.

We can agree on one thing though, Truck_101 is not even on Dalton's level as a message board poster.

So to dispute your point, yes, it has something to do with being nice or not. Part of why Burrow is good, is because of his swagger. He's clearly better than Dalton on most levels regardless if him being "nice" or not. His attitude matters, there's a reason people think Dalton would have folded in that game when Burrow didn't.
Reply/Quote
It’s been since 2018, since bengals were 2 games over .500 during the season. Even though the finished below .500 at the end of 2018.

Let’s enjoy this moment while it lasts.

Green Bay next week, then only 1 game over .500, lol.
Reply/Quote
(10-01-2021, 01:23 AM)Stonyhands Wrote: I really wish that was the case. Zac has something Marvin did not, Joe Burrow. Joe Burrow just seems to “will” this team to victory. I think this team would be a whole lot better had they had a veteran coach/signal caller.

Except Marv often lost in those situations even when we had the superior QB.

(10-01-2021, 12:56 PM)swilson3828 Wrote: Lol Marvin dwarfs Taylor as a head coach.  The Bengals should have beaten the Squealers several times had the team not imploded in the most unlikely ways....ways that can't be blamed on Marvin

When a team implodes in the same situations over and over again for 16 years, maybe it's the head coach and culture?
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(10-01-2021, 12:42 AM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Zac Taylor is already better than Marv in 2 areas: beating the Steelers and winning in prime time. We'll see if he can have us looking differently in the playoffs soon. Hopefully.

1. Marvin has beaten the Steelers before even swept them I believe twice.
2. First prime time win for Zac. Mellow I guess we have to wait next year for the next prime time game unless the NFL "Flex's" a game or we make the playoffs. Although not many Marvin won a handful of prime time games.
3. Marvin swept the division. 
4. Marvin had the Ravens number beating them constantly. How many times has Zac beaten the Ravens compared to Marvin???

[Image: Chocolate-Donut-72.jpg]

5. Marvin had the Bengals into the playoffs 5 times in a row...
[Image: Facebook-69504e.png]
[Image: 4540978331_3e8fe35323.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(10-01-2021, 04:33 PM)BengalYankee Wrote: 1. Marvin has beaten the Steelers before even swept them I believe twice.
2. First prime time win for Zac. Mellow I guess we have to wait next year for the next prime time game unless the NFL "Flex's" a game or we make the playoffs. Although not many Marvin won a handful of prime time games.
3. Marvin swept the division. 
4. Marvin had the Ravens number beating them constantly. How many times has Zac beaten the Ravens compared to Marvin???
Memories are remarkably short.
1. Marvin only swept the Steelers once (2009), in the same year he swept the division.
2. Zac just won a prime time game in the previous try, last year against the Steelers on Monday Night.
Reply/Quote
(10-01-2021, 09:13 AM)Stewy Wrote: Not to be a jerk, but re-read what you wrote.  Seriously?  AD was less successful because he was nicer.  Please.  That's just silly.   I always like/liked AD as a QB, but Burrow is an elite talent.  It has nothing to do with being "nice".

I hope you realize you aren't legally obligated to role play the character you named yourself for.
Reply/Quote
(10-01-2021, 05:41 PM)JaggedJimmyJay Wrote: I hope you realize you aren't legally obligated to role play the character you named yourself for.

*yawns*

Your originality and pointed comments clearly fill me with shame.......oh sorry that was laughter.  Nice try.
Reply/Quote
(10-01-2021, 02:29 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: I didn't say Dalton would approach Burrow's level if he wasn't so nice, I'm just saying I think most successful sports players have a bite to them (like Burrow does). You can hear it in what they say/how they act, but Andy probably could have been a little better if he wasn't so nice. Burrow is not mr. nice guy, it's rubbing off too (you can hear it when Boyd is talking trash about the steelers after we beat them down). They're taking after their leader (Burrow).

The greatest of all time, they're not that nice. Brady bites, Jordan bites, Tiger bites, Kobe bit, Tyson bit - literally. I'm guessing Burrow wants to be GOAT. Andy was a nice guy, and reached his potential, which was not good enough, but it was "good". Would he have been better if he was a little meaner, don't know, I just never visualized this guy getting mad at anyone. Other than slamming the football down when he got sacked for the 10th time in a game. Even Novak bites if you read his quotes, they're not nice, they're blunt, and they're out to get you and more.

It's a fine line, Dalton had some swagger for a small portion of his career, maybe nice is the wrong word, he just wasn't confident enough.

We can agree on one thing though, Truck_101 is not even on Dalton's level as a message board poster.

So to dispute your point, yes, it has something to do with being nice or not. Part of why Burrow is good, is because of his swagger. He's clearly better than Dalton on most levels regardless if him being "nice" or not. His attitude matters, there's a reason people think Dalton would have folded in that game when Burrow didn't.

I'd respond to this, but it's just too much text and I'm bored.
Reply/Quote
Fixed. I mean, come on. They must have trolled everyone in the first half just to make the game more exciting. McPherson missing from within his range? This kind of dynamic offense not scoring? Defense giving up a bunch of 3rd-and-2? Same ol' Bungles for 28 minutes? And then that goal line stand where it looked like Jax was going to go into the half 21-0.... Ya got me. Well played, Bengals. Well played...
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
Marv and Zack both blow.

That said, I think Marv mops the floors w ZT “to date”.

Not even close.
Reply/Quote