Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Week 4 MNF
(09-17-2019, 03:39 PM)WestCoastBengalsFan Wrote: For real though, has a Monday night game ever been flexed? Can they flex MNF games? Was talking about this exact scenario myself last night with a buddy.

If they can trot out trash like they did last night with Browns and Jets, they can have our game too. 
Reply/Quote
(09-16-2019, 10:14 AM)Mickeypoo Wrote: LMAO!!!  I can't wait to see the MNF hype commercials for that!

It's definitely going to be all about the INJURY to fat Ben but most important, the new amazing fresh QB ready to lead the Squeelers to the playoffs and possibly put an end to the patriot's dynasty.

For us, just a mention the new coach who came from the MIGHTY RAMS.
Reply/Quote
It is still a rivalry game, of course most of the major players in that hatred are gone or injured but it still has that potential to get nasty and that will get eyeballs on it for awhile. Plus, the storyline of do the steelers have their QB of the future will be used to make it interesting.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-17-2019, 09:33 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: It is still a rivalry game, of course most of the major players in that hatred are gone or injured but it still has that potential to get nasty and that will get eyeballs on it for awhile. Plus, the storyline of do the steelers have their QB of the future will be used to make it interesting.

Hard to call it a rivalry when the Steelers have a 25 to 7 record with Roethlisberger. That is just kicking ass. Don’t think Steelers look at it as a rivalry. Just another game where a win is just the outcome.
It would be nice to at least win one of the two games with the Steelers. And to actually have a home field advantage against them. Not just play at home.
Reply/Quote
Anyone that predicted the playoffs for either team this year was not facing reality. Both teams are struggling. This game will not be about who wins it, but who loses it.
Who Dey!  Tiger
Reply/Quote
Should be 2-2 after the Steelers game,,and back in contention.I think,Hope,maybe,things are going to get better but I have been wrong before.After hitting rock bottom things can only go up.At least I hope this is rock bottom,or could it get worse?
Reply/Quote
(09-16-2019, 08:39 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: The Cincinnati Bengals are going to start the season 0-4 but I still stand by my original 9-7 prediction.

IDK... the original prediction of 3-13 by the NFL analysts that we all balked at a couple weeks ago suddenly isn't looking so ridiculous. At least based on our previous game. 

On the bright side we'll get some good draft picks. And hey, at least Marv is gone (thank God!) 
[Image: Kongmoving.gif] Tiger
Reply/Quote
(09-16-2019, 09:09 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: So, the Bengals are likely to get destroyed on the road in Buffalo next week.  And I don't see pitt winning on the road in SF, plus Piggy is developing a mysterious ailment (again) grasping his bicep after a few throws yesterday and, ultimately, coming out of the game.  Guess he didn't plan on his backup looking much better than him.  But, I digress.  

So, here is your week 4 MNF matchup:

0-3 Cincy travels to 0-3 pitt.  

The question:  Has the NFL ever flexed out a MNF game?  Ninja

I'm not convinced they're going to lose @Buffalo and i think they're going to go into Pitt and come out 2-2 on the year, without Ben to pull one out in the end. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(09-17-2019, 11:20 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: I'm not convinced they're going to lose @Buffalo and i think they're going to go into Pitt and come out 2-2 on the year, without Ben to pull one out in the end. 

Im in the same boat. But I could also see us going 1-3 or 0-4. We’ll find out how bad we are this week.
Reply/Quote
(09-17-2019, 11:37 PM)Bengalstripes18 Wrote: Im in the same boat. But I could also see us going 1-3 or 0-4. We’ll find out how bad we are this week.

Jekyll and Hyde. So much fun to go through the week wondering what you're going to get on Sunday afternoon.  Mellow

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(09-17-2019, 11:20 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: I'm not convinced they're going to lose @Buffalo and i think they're going to go into Pitt and come out 2-2 on the year, without Ben to pull one out in the end. 

There is nothing I would love more...they might actually start to believe they have a shot and play with some real energy.  Get AJ and Glenn back...but I just can't seem to get excited any longer.  Lucy seems to have pulled the football away for the last time.  
Reply/Quote
Honestly if we had to have a "rebuild" year I'd hope we'd go 2-14 and beat the Steelers twice. That said, I'm not ready to give up on this year yet so I hope we give it our all.

But yeah, beating the Steelers in Primetime would be nice. I wouldn't sleep on Mason Rudolph, I'm sure they'll have him ready. I remember some around here being sad we didn't draft him.

Reply/Quote
(09-16-2019, 04:09 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: They'll take the "rivalry" angle, show all sorts of hard hits, promote bad blood between the organization, likely say something like "When these two teams meet, you can throw the records out the window, etc., etc.".

I think they will focus on McVay coaching tree narrative and the changes Taylor has made...especially if the Bengals win against the Bills.   They may also focus on Ben's injury and John Ross's improved season.  
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
(09-16-2019, 04:08 PM)jj22 Wrote: I didn't say how good the Steelers D will be looking. I said him looking good, and he has looked good.

The Monday night game is at pitt,look at the schedule
Reply/Quote
(09-16-2019, 09:09 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: So, the Bengals are likely to get destroyed on the road in Buffalo next week.  And I don't see pitt winning on the road in SF, plus Piggy is developing a mysterious ailment (again) grasping his bicep after a few throws yesterday and, ultimately, coming out of the game.  Guess he didn't plan on his backup looking much better than him.  But, I digress.  

So, here is your week 4 MNF matchup:

0-3 Cincy travels to 0-3 pitt.  

The question:  Has the NFL ever flexed out a MNF game?  Ninja
at least Monday night raw will be on lol
Reply/Quote
(09-17-2019, 10:52 PM)ezekiel23 Wrote: Should be 2-2 after the Steelers game,,and back in contention.I think,Hope,maybe,things are going to get better but I have been wrong before.After hitting rock bottom things can only go up.At least I hope this is rock bottom,or could it get worse?

I have survived as a Bengal fan for many years.  And yet I have not been admitted to a drug rehab program, psychiatric hospital, or an incarcerated setting.  But as a living witness, as certain as the sun will rise tomorrow, and the seas will roar...things can get worse, a lot worse for a Bengal fan.
Freakout   
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote