Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3.5 Average
Week 4 Titans vs Bengals Prediction Thread
Bengals throw those Titans down into Tartarus where the Hundred-Handers will guard their escape

and Bengals roll to victory 23-10
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
In honor of the old Threads From the Enemy, here's a Titans' board:

https://gotitans.com/threads/game-4-bengals-titans.103812/

They sound pretty level-headed for the most part and are convinced as we are that defense will rule the day, only it will be their defense trashing our statue-like QB, to paraphrase them. Eventually, as is common on fan boards, it devolves into trashing Vrabel. One of my favorite comments:

Quote:Yeah, 'cause if we sack Burrow a bunch of times this should be an easy win.... wait.

LOL
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
(09-29-2023, 01:37 PM)Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 Wrote: I second that prediction, including the score. 

Don't the Titans have one of the worst passing defenses in the NFL?  Now with 3-games under his belt, I think Burrow is going to finally get into his groove and throw for 4-TDs.  2 to Boyd, 1 to Chase, and Big-T each. 

Cincinnati 31
Titans 19
Reply/Quote
Titans defense will control the offense and continue Burrows lack of red zone scoring and titans offense will do enough to win a low scoring game 19 to 16 titans
Reply/Quote
I predict Henry will rush for over 100 yards. However, Burrow passes for 400 yards this game. Thus, Bengals 27 Titans 24
Who Dey!  Tiger
Reply/Quote
Bengals win
Reply/Quote
I can’t make a prediction with how bad we’ve played so far. We could easily get the Cleveland offense back and have no hope even against a struggling team like the Titans
-Housh
Reply/Quote
2-2 here we come.

Bengals 24
Titans 17

Robbins averages 40 yards a punt. Mellow
Reply/Quote
I predict this is going to be a tough game. Do not be fooled by Tennessee at Cleveland game. At Tennessee is much harder, like going into a snake pit. We all remember at Tennessee in play-offs of 2021 season, a hard game. Titans did not have a healthy Henry at RB either, oh he played, but not healthy. Henry will be more of a force to deal with Sunday. The Tennessee Head Coach is tough as nails and his team plays tough as nails due to him, so the Tennessee Head Coach will give a tough game. A stadium full of Tennessee Fans will give a tough game. Tennessee in recent years has shown a Defense that gets to and sacks the quarterback and is hard for O Lines to block.

So anybody thinking this will be an easy game is mistaken. At Tennessee is a very hard game. We as Bengals Fans already know this unless some have no memory and can not remember how tough at Tennessee was in 2021 play-offs.

So I predict a hard game. I just hope Bengals come out with a win. I also hope Burrow comes out OK, because I look for him to take a few hits on that calf Sunday. Tennessee usually has a good pass rush.

GO BENGALS

Tiger
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
(09-30-2023, 03:33 PM)kevin Wrote: I predict this is going to be a tough game. Do not be fooled by Tennessee at Cleveland game. At Tennessee is much harder, like going into a snake pit. We all remember at Tennessee in play-offs of 2021 season, a hard game. Titans did not have a healthy Henry at RB either, oh he played, but not healthy. Henry will be more of a force to deal with Sunday. The Tennessee Head Coach is tough as nails and his team plays tough as nails due to him, so the Tennessee Head Coach will give a tough game. A stadium full of Tennessee Fans will give a tough game. Tennessee in recent years has shown a Defense that gets to and sacks the quarterback and is hard for O Lines to block.

So anybody thinking this will be an easy game is mistaken. At Tennessee is a very hard game. We as Bengals Fans already know this unless some have no memory and can not remember how tough at Tennessee was in 2021 play-offs.

So I predict a hard game. I just hope Bengals come out with a win. I also hope Burrow comes out OK, because I look for him to take a few hits on that calf Sunday. Tennessee usually has a good pass rush.

GO BENGALS

Tiger

It won’t be easy for sure, but we heard a lot of the same last year and then the Bengals went in and broke them. They came into the game 7-3. They ended the season at 7-10.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
Good luck in hopefully getting your second win there.
Ready for May Day and Spring Fever!
Reply/Quote
My brother went down and now I wish I had.

The spread was set at us -2.5 before the injury report came out that Burrow wasn't on, so I put $500 on it because, it our line blocks anywhere near as well as they did last game, there's no way in hell their offense can keep up with us.

Tannehill has also been sacked the second-most times in the league, so I'm pretty sure that Hubbard and Hendrickson are going to feast on Tannehill, and then Murphy and Ossai will make their presence known, as well as getting some pressure from Hill and Reader! Hopefully even Sample can get in on the action!

I think we easily hold Henry to 75 yards or less and make take away that aspect, which Tannehill is 31-17 when Henry rushes for under a hundred yards, but I think our d-line absolutely eats him for lunch!

Their pass rush does worry me a bit, but I think we win by 14.

Bengals 41
Titans 27

Who-Dey!
Reply/Quote
No team hits 31, but i think ONE hits 24

I love my team so ima say us 24-20 and it’s gonna be a shit game to watch until the last 1/2 of the fourth quarter
-Housh
Reply/Quote
(09-30-2023, 10:37 PM)Housh Wrote: No team hits 31, but i think ONE hits 24

I love my team so ima say us 24-20 and it’s gonna be a shit game to watch until the last 1/2 of the fourth quarter

That sounds right.  I don't look for either QB to light up the scoreboard in this one.  Like the Rams, this will also be a Defensive game.   Fans don't like that, they want to see basketball scores.   However I don't think Defensive games are shat games.  I'll add that the end of the game could be Bengals eating clock like Rams game if Bengals have the lead.  Eat clock, trust in the Defense, get out with a win.  

Yes, a game where neither team scores over 24 sounds about right.  A game like the Rams game, plenty of Defense.  If Bengals win 24 to 20 as you say, I will be happy, especially if Burrow comes out of this game OK.  
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
I still think we're rolling into the bye at 4-2.

Bengals 24 - Titans 13
Reply/Quote
this one is 50-50 win chance, but one thing I will predict correctly is that we'll be trailing at the end of the 1st qtr. PROVE ME WRONG TEAM!!!!!
Reply/Quote
It's a good day to be a Bengal.
Reply/Quote
(09-29-2023, 09:04 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: Titans defense will control the offense and continue Burrows lack of red zone scoring and titans offense will do enough to win a low scoring game 19 to 16 titans

Congrats, as you're the only one in this thread to have predicted a Titans win.  I thought it would be close, sure, but I also felt that we'd still get the W.  
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
(09-30-2023, 12:53 AM)Housh Wrote: I can’t make a prediction with how bad we’ve played so far. We could easily get the Cleveland offense back and have no hope even against a struggling team like the Titans

I should’ve stayed with this one lol
-Housh
Reply/Quote
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcToDMSGFKj0W5LJhNNs3bW...Q&usqp=CAU]
[Image: 4540978331_3e8fe35323.jpg]
Reply/Quote