Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
***Week 5 GameDay Thread...Bengals @ Cowboys***
(10-09-2016, 08:46 PM)Stonyhands Wrote: When I posted that Andy had three straight bad passes to end the drive.  I said he needed to take advantage of every opportunity and he made some bad throws.  Other QBs do it.  Don't pretend like Sanu and Jones ever came back to the QB.  Yes I agree it's a coaching issue but there was one play against cover 2 where Boyd ran to the soft spot in the coverage and was wide open and Andy had an opportunity to throw him the ball and decided to scramble out of the pocket.  It's not really a surprise that Andy struggles to beat zone coverage.  If could just be the way our plays are called.  

I rarely see our receivers, this year and last years, taking advantage of soft spots in zone.  Green is such a phenomenal receiver he beats a lot of man but gets a lot less production in zone coverage.  He had a great play in zone towards the end of this game, but the o-line issues limited those plays.  

Fact is Andy has room to improve but what QB doesn't.  The tale of this game was poor line play on both sides.  My comment mid game was just meant to say Andy is going to have to play a perfect game as every opportunity presents itself since they will be far and few between.

The 14 straight were the quick hits he's so accustomed to doing.  Not sure why we couldn't do those successfully earlier.  I think we ran way to much play action and 5 step drops.

Yes on all of thes last paragraph.  Why not more no huddle ? Zampese couldn't call a game of 10 Yard Fight.

You bring up an interesting point that I used to bring up when Palmer was here.  It's sad when your QB has to be absolutely perfect every game to even stand a chance.  We've always had to do that....until Zimmer was here....and we are getting back to that.

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-09-2016, 08:56 PM)WychesWarrior Wrote: My apologies if I misunderstood.....and no....none of receivers ever come back.  What I meant is they could get more separation than a rookie and Lafell.  Eifert obviously helps too.  Without them....our line doesn't give us enough time to let anything else develop.

Andy most certainly has areas he could improve upon.....I guess Brady and Rodgers are about the only ones with minimal room for improvement.  Also.....there was a dude blaming Dalton for all of the sacks this year.....so perhaps I lumped you in with that ilk. Sorry for that.

The fact that Piano Man is still here pisses me off to no end.  At 40.....I'm mad enough right now to put on the pads again and line up in the street !  So mad.....the resulting traction I'd need doesn't even scare me. Lol.  I don't mind losing....but an effort like that is flat out embarrassing and disgusting.

What irks me is Mike Brown's way of doing things. It's like he believes his way is somehow the way football ought to be. Sure Lewis has brought the team out of the dark years but in the Green-Dalton years what have they truly done to make the next level? It's more of the same every year. They did an amazing job bringing Zimmer in and then when Marvin still wasn't getting the job done let him go elsewhere. Gruden did a good job and hiring Hue was just pure good timing. However, Guenther and Zampese are way out of their league. Alexander has had a lot of opportunity to build a great o-line with all the early lineman picks yet we are the worst O-line in the NFL with 3 first round picks and a 2nd round in Whitworth. TEs have been wildly underwhelming for years and our receivers seem to give up on their routes if they are covered. You can pretty much look at every position coach on this team now and see that any talent we had at coaching is now gone. We have several position coaches that have been here for years that will never go elsewhere if fired. Good players can only mask the bad coaching until they play an equally talented team with good coaching. This is going to be a bad year.
Reply/Quote
(10-09-2016, 09:58 PM)Stonyhands Wrote: What irks me is Mike Brown's way of doing things.  It's like he believes his way is somehow the way football ought to be.  Sure Lewis has brought the team out of the dark years but in the Green-Dalton years what have they truly done to make the next level?  It's more of the same every year.  They did an amazing job bringing Zimmer in and then when Marvin still wasn't getting the job done let him go elsewhere.  Gruden did a good job and hiring Hue was just pure good timing.  However, Guenther and Zampese are way out of their league.  Alexander has had a lot of opportunity to build a great o-line with all the early lineman picks yet we are the worst O-line in the NFL with 3 first round picks and a 2nd round in Whitworth.  TEs have been wildly underwhelming for years and our receivers seem to give up on their routes if they are covered.  You can pretty much look at every position coach on this team now and see that any talent we had at coaching is now gone.  We have several position coaches that have been here for years that will never go elsewhere if fired.  Good players can only mask the bad coaching until they play an equally talented team with good coaching.  This is going to be a bad year.

Yup......you nailed it. 

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote