Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
***Week 5 GameDay Thread - Bengals @ Ravens***
Can we get a reaction emoji of a guy smoking a spliff? Seems necessary
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2022, 01:16 AM)Stonyhands Wrote: You’re the only one ignoring stuff here.  I’ve admitted the offense isn’t an elite unit.  Read what I’ve said…they are a play just good enough when it matters type of offense right now.  

The defense is play just poor enough when it matters most.  

What game has our offense not given us a shot to win at the end…maybe the Cowboys.

saying the bengals offense plays good enough is admitting that the DEFENSE is single handedly keeping them alive

the bengals are running a 0-5 offense atm. Imagine if cincy had seattle's defense? Winless. 
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2022, 01:02 AM)matmaven Wrote: Not whatever.  D is one of the best in the league and the offense is hot garbage.  They have given up ZERO second half TDs. ZERO.  And they are on the field a lot with all of the 3 and outs from the O.    

…and despite all that this garbage offense had us an xp or fg away from winning game 1.

They drove 75 yards at the end of the game to put us up under 2 minutes this game. Closing games out is just as important as the offense finishing drives in the end zone. Both things have to happen to win games.
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2022, 01:18 AM)Frank Booth Wrote: saying the bengals offense plays good enough is admitting that the DEFENSE is single handedly keeping them alive

the bengals are running a 0-5 offense atm. Imagine if cincy had seattle's defense? Winless. 

I‘ve never solely put the loss on the defense…not once. I’ve simply stated that in the 3 opportunities when the defense was asked to get a stop at the end of our 3 losses they have come up short.

You’re the one that refuses to place any responsibility on our defense and blindly gives them a pass. Yeah, they’ve played great and at this point the only reason we had chances in any of our 3 losses. But what good is giving our offense a chance to win things by keeping the game close until the end only to fold when it counts most?
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2022, 01:20 AM)Stonyhands Wrote: …and despite all that this garbage offense had us an xp or fg away from winning game 1.  

They drove 75 yards at the end of the game to put us up under 2 minutes this game.  Closing games out is just as important as the offense finishing drives in the end zone.  Both things have to happen to win games.

Steelers game - Steelers get ball to start overtime - D forces 3 and out. O doesn't score.  Steelers don't score again.  O gets ball back, 5 plays, 5 yard.  D gave the O the ball twice with chance to win the game, but sure the D didn't close out the game.  Besides holding the Steelers to 3 pts in the 2nd half.

Cowboys game - Cowboys 1st 4 drives of 2nd half - punt, fumble, punt, punt.  D gives O ball back with 1:16 left and a chance to win the game. O gains 8 yards on 3 plays and punts back.  Again D gave O a chance for a game winning drive and O does nothing.  D gives up 3 whole points in 2nd half.

This game - D gives up 3 FGs in 2nd half. One on a drive of 6 yards due to a Burrow pick.  

In the Steelers and Cowboys games they gave the O chances to win the game at the end and they did nothing.  Absolutely don't agree with this narrative that the D can't close out games.  
Reply/Quote
I’m setting anyone putting any blame on the defense on my ignore list

You can’t debate pure stupidity
-Housh
Reply/Quote