Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
***Week 5 GameDay Thread - Bengals @ Ravens***
The first Bengals game in Baltimore I haven't been to live in years.

Bengals D showed up big time. Respect for playing hard until the clock ran out.
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-11-2020, 04:44 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Yeah, he WR’s not getting open is on the QB. That logic checks out.

Even if Burrow played like the first 4 games we would still be looking at a loss. Can’t overcome this horrible line. Can’t pass, can’t run and the coaches can’t figure it out for some strange reason. Burrow will be fine. Bad game all around. D played well enough to win, but the oline, playcalling and yes Burrow hanging onto the ball too long killed this game. On a few plays. 1-2 sec is too long with this line. Fire this coaching staff. Do whatever you can to get some tough lineman. Trade Green if possible and get the best damn Oline players in the draft. Wouldn’t mind seeing the first 4 picks going towards the line. Will make the whole offense look better. But we will get distracted by a flashy WR or CB and ignore the line altogether yet again.
Reply/Quote
(10-11-2020, 05:13 PM)Gdale_Bengal Wrote: That firing was 3 years in the making since trading Duane brown. Sac Taylor is not bill O brien.

O'Brien was canned due to a heated disagreement with JJ Watt during practice.  Pissing off AJ Green might be the move that makes it happen...
Reply/Quote
(10-11-2020, 05:04 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: This mess isn’t what Paul Brown built. His legacy has been trashed by his own kid.

He didn’t learn shit about football from his dad. Unfortunately, Katie’s has.
Reply/Quote
Ravens blitzed over and over and over and over again and again and again and Taylor seems like he's thinking well maybe they will stop at some point. Yep, they stopped on the last Bengals drive. No max protect, no nothing to change the offense. Zack Taylor is the worst Bengals coach ever in my view. Sheesh...Shula looks like Andy Reid compared to Taylor.
Reply/Quote
(10-11-2020, 05:13 PM)Gdale_Bengal Wrote: That firing was 3 years in the making since trading Duane brown. Sac Taylor is not bill O brien.

no he's worse Ill take BOB now in a Newyork minute, He wouldn't bench a Bengal hall of famer just to feed his ego.
Reply/Quote
(10-11-2020, 05:08 PM)Stonyhands Wrote: That’s obvious to anybody not named Mike Brown.  The one play on third down where a defender came unblocked off the right side while Mixon ran a delayed route up the middle on 3rd and 6...in what world would that have worked?  

Why didn’t they try more 3 step timing routes?  Why didn’t they make adjustments to have a guy on a hot route everytime the Ravens brought a blitz?  

Leave it to Mike Brown to have a HC with zero experience calling plays and running a team with a once in a generational talent at QB.  

...and **** Harbaugh for challenging a first down when there’s 6 minutes left in a game they are leading by 27.  What a ***** *****.

He is and always has been a giant piece of shit, I have never met him, but I can honestly say I hate him. The dude could be rolling around in front of me on fire and I'd look for gasoline. He is a garbage human.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
A few points that stick out to me.

1. AJ Green quit on that play. Did he think it was going somewhere else? Maybe. Did he think Joe was just throwing it away? Maybe. But he saw it intercepted and just looked completely disinterested.

If it's true Green Bay wanted him, we should of traded him. An extra offensive lineman would have went a long way on this team.

2. 1st game where Joe just looked like a rookie at times.

3. This is the 2nd time Zac Taylor just gave up. He was completely content to run the clock out in the Eagles game and this one.

Likely wouldn't have changed the outcome in any game, but do you not have any pride at all?

4. Multiple players have been gutted. As in benching Dalton on his B-day and not being forthright about things with Dunlap.

Do I have a problem with either of those two things? No. In fact, most people would agree with them. Can we not agree they went about it in the most Bengal way possible? I'd say yes.

I actually saw a lot of positives today, but man it feels so cheap. When you feel you've been gutted just to get them.
[Image: i-8rLM4gw-M.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(10-11-2020, 05:13 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: The first Bengals game in Baltimore I haven't been to live in years.

Bengals D showed up big time. Respect for playing hard until the clock ran out.

That’s cool of you Pat but we or some of us saw Lamar with one designed run and zero scrambles for yards. Obviously he’s a little dinged up and they didn’t let him go all out.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(10-11-2020, 05:16 PM)Bengalfan4life27c Wrote: no he's worse Ill take BOB now in a Newyork minute, He wouldn't bench a Bengal hall of famer just to feed his ego.

Hall of famer?  LMAO
I know who I am! I'm a dude playing a dude disguised as another dude!
Reply/Quote
(10-11-2020, 05:15 PM)BacknDaDey Wrote: Ravens blitzed over and over and over and over again and again and again and Taylor seems like he's thinking well maybe they will stop at some point.  Yep, they stopped on the last Bengals drive.  No max protect, no nothing to change the offense.  Zack Taylor is the worst Bengals coach ever in my view.  Sheesh...Shula looks like Andy Reid compared to Taylor.

They used mass protection but that only works if the they block it up right and they didnt with mistakes allowing free rushers. When they did block it up right they still allowed pressure and forced an extra hitch which took away hot reads when the hot read wasnt shut down which happened ALOT.

The Offensive line killed the football game today.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(10-11-2020, 04:59 PM)Rubekahn29 Wrote: Says you who you wanted them to pull their starting QB which would have been the biggest give up move. A little hypicritical of you. 
How? Burrow looked like complete shit. Give the next guy a shot. It's obvious Burrow wasn't getting anything done..
Reply/Quote
(10-11-2020, 04:57 PM)Tony Wrote: Wow they are running the clock out on themselves lol.. GAVE UP.. That's not something you want to see..

lol

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(10-11-2020, 05:20 PM)Cicero Wrote: Hall of famer?  LMAO

The part where I said "Bengal" He is definitely top 3 arguably best Bengal receiver ever,
Reply/Quote
(10-11-2020, 05:20 PM)Synric Wrote: They used mass protection but that only works if the they block it up right and they didnt with mistakes allowing free rushers. When they did block it up right they still allowed pressure and forced an extra hitch which took away hot reads when the hot read wasnt shut down which happened ALOT.

The Offensive line killed the football season.

Fixed it.
Reply/Quote
(10-11-2020, 05:06 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Watching the KC game: 72 Dolphins are breathing a little easier today

Not over yet...

Reply/Quote
(10-11-2020, 05:21 PM)Tony Wrote: How? Burrow looked like complete shit. Give the next guy a shot. It's obvious Burrow wasn't getting anything done..

He was a sitting duck. Joe Montana would have been flattened too.
Reply/Quote
(10-11-2020, 04:58 PM)Yojimbo Wrote: They went up and down the field at will in the first quarter, got up 17-0 and have taken their foot off the gas the rest of the game.

People say that bullshit all the time.

Except that it's debunked BY SIMPLY WATCHING THE GAME, where the Ravens D was still blitzing late and Hairball challenged a mark at the end of the game. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(10-11-2020, 05:20 PM)Synric Wrote: The Offensive line killed the football game today.

Yup. The entire blocking scheme on the whole was a big fat F, no two ways about. They couldn't even give Mixon any space in the run game either so it was a double whammy of an F for the blocking today. And when you have a rookie QB in his 5TH NFL start, this is the result against an elite regular season team.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

Reply/Quote
(10-11-2020, 05:21 PM)Tony Wrote: How? Burrow looked like complete shit. Give the next guy a shot. It's obvious Burrow wasn't getting anything done..

You think slinky arm Finley would have? 
Reply/Quote