Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
***Week 7 GameDay Thread...Bengals @ Steelers***
(10-22-2017, 08:46 PM)bengalhoel Wrote: You are insane. This defense is the only thing that kept this game close. Roethlisberger passed for 224 yards, hardly passing at will. The run defense wasnt good but they stopped them when they needed to especially when our offense put them in horrible situations time after time.  

The Steelers moved the ball at will on us.

The only thing that kept Roethlisberger's passing numbers low was the fact they built a big lead and ran the ball against us...of which Bell had over 100 yards rushing in the 3rd quarter.

Also, they have NO SACKS.

29 points allowed. Far from a good defensive effort.

Roethlisberger with a 117.4 QB rating. Bell with 134 yards rushing. 
Reply/Quote
(10-22-2017, 08:49 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: why do we watch the rest of the season? lol

Long time lurker but I just started my process of not wasting time on this anymore. Cancelled my NFL Sunday ticket so I won’t have access to the Bengals anymore. Usually try to make a couple of games but none this year. Been a Bengals fan since Ken Anderson and cursed my kids to be fans but this is too much of a joke to pay for anymore.
Reply/Quote
(10-22-2017, 09:01 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: I think the majority of fans realize Mike and the family are the root of the problem. That doesn't mean you can't be frustrated with other aspects of the team as well. As much as I dislike Mike and wish he weren't the owner...he's not the one making coaching decisions or playing the game. There's plenty of blame to go around.

Honestly...what owner keeps a coach that is 0-7 in the playoffs? There is lack of accountability the whole way around. Even with an owner who hasn't won a playoff game in 26+ years and not hiring a gm. Not hiring more scouts.

Leaving free agents walk and claiming the compensatory picks are the prize?
Reply/Quote
(10-22-2017, 09:08 PM)fisherscatfan Wrote: Long time lurker but I just started my process of not wasting time on this anymore.  Cancelled my NFL Sunday ticket so I won’t have access to the Bengals anymore.  Usually try to make a couple of games but none this year.  Been a Bengals fan since Ken Anderson and cursed my kids to be fans but this is too much of a joke to pay for anymore.

I applaud you.
Reply/Quote
I live in N.C. and always make the trip up to Cincinnati for at least one game a year. We were scheduled to go up for the Colts game this year, but decided after week two that it wasn’t worth it. It’ll be the first time since 2000 we haven’t made the trip. Can’t justify spending that kind of money on such a poor product.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-22-2017, 09:01 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: I think the majority of fans realize Mike and the family are the root of the problem. That doesn't mean you can't be frustrated with other aspects of the team as well. As much as I dislike Mike and wish he weren't the owner...he's not the one making coaching decisions or playing the game. There's plenty of blame to go around.

We didn't have a chance today due to no blocking and we don't have blocking because of Mike Brown and Family.   We can try to share blame under Mike Brown.  The 5 head coaches or the many assistant coaches.  We can blame the 8 or more quarterbacks used as starters.  Many players to blame from before 1991 when Mike Brown took over to 2017.  Yes, we could blame everybody, players who weren't born yet in 1991, or players long retired.  The one consistent is Mike Brown and his Family of non football law school attorneys.    It is that one consistent that dooms the franchise no matter if they change coaches or quarterbacks.  As long as Mike Brown and his family of non football lawyers run this franchise there will be no play-off wins and often the classic Mike Brown 4 win seasons. 
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
(10-22-2017, 09:11 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Honestly...what owner keeps a coach that is 0-7 in the playoffs? There is lack of accountability the whole way around. Even with an owner who hasn't won a playoff game in 26+ years and not hiring a gm. Not hiring more scouts.

Leaving free agents walk and claiming the compensatory picks are the prize?

I don't think there's any doubt Mike Brown is responsible for, and the owner of the biggest piece of the failure pie ! 2/3 of it ?

But Marvin Lewis is far from without blame ! Paul Alexander is not without blame ! These guys are the HC and AHC and they set the tone for this team. And they are failing at the same things over and over and over and over again.

Wash, rinse, repeat 
Reply/Quote
Did you see Pittsburgh’s offensive line?
Reply/Quote
Pittsburgh = 1 PENALTY FOR 5 YARDS!
That is IMPOSSIBLE in today's NFL.
As long as the refs continue to NOT call on the Steelers what they routinely do on other teams... Well, let's just say I can see why the D-Line gave up after awhile.
Reply/Quote
(10-22-2017, 09:20 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: I don't think there's any doubt Mike Brown is responsible for, and the owner of the biggest piece of the failure pie ! 2/3 of it ?

But Marvin Lewis is far from without blame ! Paul Alexander is not without blame ! These guys are the HC and AHC and they set the tone for this team. And they are failing at the same things over and over and over and over again.

Wash, rinse, repeat 

:andy:
Reply/Quote
(10-22-2017, 09:18 PM)kevin Wrote: We didn't have a chance today due to no blocking and we don't have blocking because of Mike Brown and Family.   We can try to share blame under Mike Brown.  The 5 head coaches or the many assistant coaches.  We can blame the 8 or more quarterbacks used as starters.  Many players to blame from before 1991 when Mike Brown took over to 2017.  Yes, we could blame everybody, players who weren't born yet in 1991, or players long retired.  The one consistent is Mike Brown and his Family of non football law school attorneys.    It is that one consistent that dooms the franchise no matter if they change coaches or quarterbacks.  As long as Mike Brown and his family of non football lawyers run this franchise there will be no play-off wins and often the classic Mike Brown 4 win seasons. 

You wont get any argument from me about Mike and the Brown family. However, Marvin is in his 15th season. He has more power and influence than any of his predecessors under Mike. He's talked about how closely he works with Mike and Katie on a day to day basis. Let's face it, Marvin has basically become a part of the inner circle.
Reply/Quote
(10-22-2017, 10:23 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: You wont get any argument from me about Mike and the Brown family. However, Marvin is in his 15th season. He has more power and influence than any of his predecessors under Mike. He's talked about how closely he works with Mike and Katie on a day to day basis. Let's face it, Marvin has basically become a part of the inner circle.

This is something that I have been thinking about, lately. It would be insane by Einstein's definition to think anything is going to change with Marvin running the show with the Brown family. How can any of them expect success by doing the same thing? You can change all of the other staff, players can come and go, but the head coach sets the culture for the team. The culture of the team is going to continue producing the same results without a change at HC. It would be nice to see Marvin admit to being a (the) problem and remove himself since Mike and family don't seem to have the capability. But I doubt we will see that happen.
Reply/Quote
(10-22-2017, 10:43 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: This is something that I have been thinking about, lately. It would be insane by Einstein's definition to think anything is going to change with Marvin running the show with the Brown family. How can any of them expect success by doing the same thing? You can change all of the other staff, players can come and go, but the head coach sets the culture for the team. The culture of the team is going to continue producing the same results without a change at HC. It would be nice to see Marvin admit to being a (the) problem and remove himself since Mike and family don't seem to have the capability. But I doubt we will see that happen.

There's no way you'll see that happen. Marv doesn't have the self-awareness. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(10-22-2017, 09:16 PM)wcu Wrote: I live in N.C. and always make the trip up to Cincinnati for at least one game a year. We were scheduled to go up for the Colts game this year, but decided after week two that it wasn’t worth it.  It’ll be the first time since 2000 we haven’t made the trip. Can’t justify spending that kind of money on such a poor product.

That's too bad.  It's one of the few games we have a chance of winning the remainder of this season.  Plenty of good seats still available.  Bet there won't be 50k present.

(10-22-2017, 10:43 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: This is something that I have been thinking about, lately. It would be insane by Einstein's definition to think anything is going to change with Marvin running the show with the Brown family. How can any of them expect success by doing the same thing? You can change all of the other staff, players can come and go, but the head coach sets the culture for the team. The culture of the team is going to continue producing the same results without a change at HC. It would be nice to see Marvin admit to being a (the) problem and remove himself since Mike and family don't seem to have the capability. But I doubt we will see that happen.

[Image: i-fear-the-day-when-people-will-believe-...nstein.jpg]
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote