Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
***Week 6 GameDay Thread - Bengals @ Ravens***
(10-13-2019, 05:18 PM)Kingslayer Wrote: Sad when football season is over in week 6.

You're 2 weeks late, holmes.  Ninja

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(10-13-2019, 05:22 PM)Synric Wrote: Me? Besides High School like about 90% of the people here. I coached PeeWee for 3 years.

My father was also a high school coach.

High school doesn't matter.   Ninja

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(10-13-2019, 05:14 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: Keep it civil

[Image: tenor.gif]
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(10-13-2019, 05:21 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Honestly, it doesn't matter. I've seen Ben and Mahomes do it (reel the ball back in and dump it to a receiver across the middle) off the top of my head. I don't just throw random shit out there. If i didn't have examples, i wouldn't have said anything. 

The one thing that is true, you don't have time to read the defense and throw. If the screen is gone, throw it away, or if you're able...hit that guy running wide open 5ish yards beyond the line of scrimmage (who was on the same side of the field as Gio). 

I'm not saying it can't possibly happen but you are cocoached not to. It's like throwing back across you're body. 

If you allow defenders through the line you dont try to improvise you get your depth and get the ball out. That is how its coached. 
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(10-13-2019, 05:28 PM)Synric Wrote: I'm not saying it can't possibly happen but you are cocoached not to. It's like throwing back across you're body. 

If you allow defenders through the line you dont try to improvise you get your depth and get the ball out. That is how its coached. 

Then blame my coach for chewing my ass. Big Grin

Reply/Quote
What was Cincinnati’s time of possession today? Maybe 18 minutes?
Reply/Quote
(10-13-2019, 05:30 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: What was Cincinnati’s time of possession today? Maybe 18 minutes?

20 to 40 in favor of the Ratbirds
Reply/Quote
(10-13-2019, 05:27 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: High school doesn't matter.   Ninja

That's what I told myself every morning when I was in it.
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
(10-13-2019, 05:35 PM)Billy_Bengal Wrote: 20 to 40 in favor of the Ratbirds

Thank you — and that’s on the defense. I felt badly for Lou Anarumo because his defense could not get Baltimore off the field on third down; they converted almost every single time.
Reply/Quote
15 minutes is the record for lowest time of possession. We almost had it in a previous game this season with about 5-6 minutes TOP with a couple minutes left in the 1st half. The game we had almost zero first downs the whole 1st half.
[Image: 43325991030_4d39723a8f.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(10-13-2019, 02:38 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Hang in there. Dalton will put together 2 drives in the 4th quarter where he completes 10/11 passes for over a hundred yards and a td or two...when they're down by 31, and everyone will think he's right on the cusp of turning it around. 

Looks like it was just one drive this week. Sad

Reply/Quote