Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
***Week 6 GameDay Thread - Bengals @ Saints***
(10-16-2022, 05:07 PM)TheFan Wrote: Yea, not sure how anyone could have a problem with play calling at all today. It was solid the entire game

Still fair to criticize the slow start. Offense finished well though.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Whose watching this Bills CHeifs game?

Ill probably peep a quarter of it

Always smart to see what the best teams are running
-Housh
Reply/Quote
(10-16-2022, 05:02 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Zac wins when trailing going into 4th...

I think that was #3. Record is still really bad but i don't think it's a harbinger of anything anymore.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(10-16-2022, 05:07 PM)Johnny Cupcakes Wrote: Yeah, but that doesn’t sound dramatic enough…

But it's accurate. The defense until today gave up the winning score every time it was called upon to close out the game (as in we're tied or leading by a TD or less). Today they did not. Good for them even if the rest of the day they were excrement. 
Reply/Quote
Hmm, which 4:00 matchup should I watch today?
Reply/Quote
(10-16-2022, 05:06 PM)Johnny Cupcakes Wrote: How about the NY teams being a combined 9-3 this season? Who would’ve called that one?

Tell you what, I referred to the Jets as 'toilet' after our win over them (purely to hit home the point that one win against a 'bad' team didn't prove we'd turned the corner). The Jets are certainly proving me wrong. That win currently looks really good. I still don't think the Jets are a 'good' team but well, record says otherwise.
Reply/Quote
Changed the offense to a slant offense and replaced his quantity over quality mindset of running the ball with a QUALITY over quantity mindset.

There is NO reason Mixon had the most carries in the league coming into today. Only rushed him 8 times today and it felt like every rush worked.

High IQ coaching by Zac.
-Housh
Reply/Quote
(10-16-2022, 05:08 PM)treee Wrote: Still fair to criticize the slow start. Offense finished well though.

The slow start was on Burrow though, not play calling. He missed multiple wide open throws and then Higgins had his drop/another bad throw by Burrow. After those 2 drives where the players didn't execute the offense was dominant. 
Reply/Quote
Bengals are 2nd in the division now. Not as good as hoped, but not disasterous. Still in it.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(10-16-2022, 05:09 PM)Joelist Wrote: But it's accurate. The defense until today gave up the winning score every time it was called upon to close out the game (as in we're tied or leading by a TD or less). Today they did not. Good for them even if the rest of the day they were excrement. 

Still zero second half TDs allowed by this defense.  If the offense played like they did today in the other close losses, none of those last second FGs would matter.  
Reply/Quote
(10-16-2022, 05:08 PM)Housh Wrote: Whose watching this Bills CHeifs game?

Yep. Much as I like the Bengals, there's no doubt that Chiefs-Bills is about as premier a game as the NFL has right now. 
Reply/Quote
(10-16-2022, 05:07 PM)TheFan Wrote: Yea, not sure how anyone could have a problem with play calling at all today. It was solid the entire game

Pretty sure I could find plenty of Zac sucks pages in today's Gameday thread.. Not naming names, but there's no shortage of chicken littles..  Heck, I was chicken littleing earlier and I'm fearless..  Cool
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
To be fair this has been a weird season for a lot of teams. Pick ‘em is crazy because every team is surprising whether good or bad. We should have had 2 more wins, but 3-3 in the crazy season isn’t the worst and we could have had 2 more losses too.
Reply/Quote
(10-16-2022, 05:12 PM)grampahol Wrote: Pretty sure I could find plenty of Zac sucks pages in today's Gameday thread.. Not naming names, but there's no shortage of chicken littles..  Heck, I was chicken littleing earlier and I'm fearless..  Cool

Well ZT has this team at 3-3, how could anyone criticize that? 
Reply/Quote
(10-16-2022, 05:10 PM)Housh Wrote: Changed the offense to a slant offense and replaced his quantity over quality mindset of running the ball with a QUALITY over quantity mindset.

There is NO reason Mixon had the most carries in the league coming into today. Only rushed him 8 times today and it felt like every rush worked.

High IQ coaching by Zac.

The OL has provided much better protection/blocking the last 3-4 games as well which goes a long way. The combination of 4 new starters and going against 2 great defensive fronts to start the season was brutal. Still no excuse to lose those games but they've been adequate enough since those games. 
Reply/Quote
(10-16-2022, 05:08 PM)Housh Wrote: Whose watching this Bills CHeifs game?

The 4:00 game after a win is pure leisure.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
Browns down 9 with 6 minutes to go, now down 23 (38-15) with 3 minutes 40 seconds to go. Huh?
Reply/Quote
I didn’t really hear an LSU effect. Anyone else?
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(10-16-2022, 05:05 PM)Housh Wrote: BS

Zac literally switched the whole passing scheme to a slant, out concept and we DESYTOYED the Ravens with it. Thats all Zac. And this sis coming from a Zac hater.

What do the Ravens have to do with the Saints game? This game, while not the worst, doesn't erase commonality. 

I look at someone like Robert Saleh and think about what the difference would be with a coach swap. Beating 1st year head coach and Andy Dalton with the PS WR corps is not a ringing endorsement. Did what was supposed to happen. Defending AFC champs just scratching by. I'm happy about the win, but thinking he is now a skilled playcaller after this isn't in me.
Like a teenage girl driving a Ferrari. 
Reply/Quote
(10-16-2022, 05:14 PM)michaelsean Wrote: The 4:00 game after a win is pure leisure.

Absolutely, for the best alcohol we can afford for the day, and a slice or 3 of pizza.
Reply/Quote